Not making a difference.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Apparently I cannot get into the game. The boycott game. Or for that matter, the reverse boycott game. Here is a list if issues I can't seem to make a difference in:

Boycotting NBC.

For many reasons recently, conservatives have been calling for a boycott. Unfortunately, I don't watch very much TV and I have refused to watch NBC since about 1999 when the network destroyed the Arena Fooball League. So any calls to boycott them, well I can't do any more to them than I already had.

Boycotting Disney.

I grew up in Southern California and went to Disneyland a lot as a kid. Then in 1968 when we moved to the Orlando area, the built disneyworld. I went several times as well. I've been burned out on Disney for the last 20 odd years and since my kids grew up I haven't had to watch Disney movies so i would make no impression on them.

Supporting Chic-Fil-A

I can't, I just can't eat at this place. I have never ever liked their food. I appreciate that they stood their ground against the PC police but I just can't.

Supporting Walmart

We have a Walmart so damn close to us that it makes no sense to go elsewhere. I've been shopping there for many years and that means I make no impact trying to support them.

Supporting Hobby Lobby

If I need anything to supply my hobbies, there are two Micheal's stores fairly close to me. I don't even know where a Hobby Lobby is.

Boycotting Burger King

I just saw an article about BK's new Proud Whopper, to celebrate Pride Week. Another place I absolutely cannot eat at is Burger King. Their food makes me naucious. Me boycotting someplace I never go doesn't work.

All the places I don't patronize anyway end up doing silly leftist things. All of the places I patronize already, do things I want to support. I'm having a crisis of irrelevance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIQto3KPUM]So You Want to Boycott Israel? - YouTube[/ame]

Supporting Walmart

We have a Walmart so damn close to us that it makes no sense to go elsewhere. I've been shopping there for many years and that means I make no impact trying to support them.

Man...do you ever live in a crappy neighborhood!

We live near two small towns where WalMart is pretty much it. We refuse to buy their shitty plastic China shit so have never shopped there. Can't imagine actually living within walking distance of a WalMart. That's about as bad as it gets. [MENTION=33194]PredFan[/MENTION] is a rich 1% RW ... why wouldn't he move?

A major city we visit has only Hobby Lobby but they really carry China shit anyway so I buy on line or from better places when we visit other big cities.

I just read that some people are buying from HL, opening the package and then returning the item. That way, it costs HL and they then buy from Michael's.

First and foremost, I'm an American. I care too much about my communities and my country to ever EVER shop at places like WalMart and Hobby Lobby.

And, I haven't been inside a fat food place in 30 years. If I even walked into one of those places, I'd probably be diabetic, have cancer and heart disease and be fat by the time I walked out. Same with Starbucks. Its just sugar water.

I'll admit that I have wondered if boycotting ever really does make a difference because even if people do walk away from certain places, would it be enough people to actually make any kind of difference?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
We live near two small towns where WalMart is pretty much it. We refuse to buy their shitty plastic China shit so have never shopped there. Can't imagine actually living within walking distance of a WalMart. That's about as bad as it gets. [MENTION=33194]PredFan[/MENTION] is a rich 1% RW ... why wouldn't he move?

A major city we visit has only Hobby Lobby but they really carry China shit anyway so I buy on line or from better places when we visit other big cities.

I just read that some people are buying from HL, opening the package and then returning the item. That way, it costs HL and they then buy from Michael's.

First and foremost, I'm an American. I care too much about my communities and my country to ever EVER shop at places like WalMart and Hobby Lobby.

And, I haven't been inside a fat food place in 30 years. If I even walked into one of those places, I'd probably be diabetic, have cancer and heart disease and be fat by the time I walked out. Same with Starbucks. Its just sugar water.

The Wal Mart where PredFan lives is smack dab in the middle of crackville. I'll wager he doesn't pull out his big pistol that much.

I'll admit that I have wondered if boycotting ever really does make a difference because even if people do walk away from certain places, would it be enough people to actually make any kind of difference?

Holly

In only some cases, but mostly there is no difference. When I go to Walmart, I see a whole lot of Obama voters there. If bet if I asked them about boycotting the store, they would have no idea wtf I was talking about. Most people can't be bothered.

What frustrates me is that I DO care and can't seem to make a difference.

I boycotted the Redskins on merch and tickets for over a decade because of how shitty they and the ownership have been.

Now that the whiners are protesting the name I'm thinking it might be time to start buying again? :dunno:

I think it's probably best to just go about your business and not worry about it.

I boycotted the Redskins on merch and tickets for over a decade because of how shitty they and the ownership have been.

Now that the whiners are protesting the name I'm thinking it might be time to start buying again? :dunno:

I think it's probably best to just go about your business and not worry about it.

Actually, thanks for that. I did recently buy Redskins t shirts and I have been wearing them. I have never been a Redskins fan in my life. Maybe I CAN made a difference after all!

I have boycotted Proctor & Gamble, Gillette and Kodak since the late 70s.

I doubt they noticed.

The Wal Mart where PredFan lives is smack dab in the middle of crackville. I'll wager he doesn't pull out his big pistol that much.

That's no joke. Most of these nutters are just talk. Its just a pissing contest and they'd be stupid to be waving their "piece" around in certain circles and circumstances.

Likely, they just quietly slink away.

And now Sonic and Chili's don't want to allow people with scary guns in their restaurants. I don't eat at either place. Sonic is the bottom of the barrel of fast food, and chili's is over priced crap. I don't get to participate in a boycott of them either.

Geez, I have been boycotting most of the places on the list without even knowing I was doing something political! :eek:

:D

I have been deliberately boycotting Ford Motor Company since 1988. Not for political reasons, but because I bought a piece of shit Ford Tempo and it was a lemon and I got nothing but shitty service from them when a boatload of defects became apparent. I will not set foot on a Ford lot.

Last edited:
Geez, I have been boycotting most of the places on the list without even knowing I was doing something political! :eek:

:D

I have been deliberately boycotting Ford Motor Company since 1988. Not for political reasons, but because I bought a piece of shit Ford Tempo and it was a lemon and I got nothing but shitty service from them when a boatload of defects became apparent. I will not set foot on a Ford lot.

I guess I could look at it like that, lol. I just find it funny that they places I don't go to, disagree with me politically and the places I frequent, agree. Either way, I make no impact at all.

Holly

In only some cases, but mostly there is no difference. When I go to Walmart, I see a whole lot of Obama voters there. If bet if I asked them about boycotting the store, they would have no idea wtf I was talking about. Most people can't be bothered.

What frustrates me is that I DO care and can't seem to make a difference.

That's funny. I see nothing but Republicans at the local Walmart . . . it probably just depends on the geographic vicinity and relative demographics. (FWIW, around here all the poor whites in trailer parks and shacks are Republicans.)

Forum List

Back