I don't have much luck with boycotts.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Maybe I have some sixth sense when it comes to woke companies, because for some reason I mostly never patronize these companies even before they are outed. My record:

1. Dick's Sporting Goods - They announced that they would no longer sell AR-15s because you know, they are scary guns. I never shopped there anyway because there is a huge Bass Pro Shop that will sell guns often cheaper, not to mention frequent gun shows with prices that can't be beaten in retail stores.

2. The NFL - This is the only boycott of mine that is remotely affective, however, since it seems the majority of conservatives and the non-woke have failed to continue their boycott, mine has little effect. I was a HUGE fan of the game and occasionally bought NFL products. Since that nonsense with "Hands up don't shoot" (complete lie) was never handled by the NFL and they even continue to appease the woke mob, I n ever watch it and I'll never watch it ever again.

3. Target - Some of you may remember when TARGET announce it's "Gender Neutral Bathrooms" several years back. Prior to that, I had occasionally shopped there. After that i haven't set foot in it. Now they have gone full blown woke and further boycotting makes no difference.

4. Bud Light - Never drank it although I have drunk an occasional Bud but it's been a very long time. Now, one of my favorite beers was Shock Top, an AB product and I have stopped drinking it but the problem with that is not a lot of bars and restaurants carry it. Again, my boycott isn't going to cost them much.

5. There's something out there recently about Kohl's. Not familiar with that store, I certainly have never been in the place.

I'm still boycotting, even if my personal boycott makes no difference, and I fully support all of you who actually have to make an effort to boycott. We have the power, let's use it.

I'm still boycotting, even if my personal boycott makes no difference, and I fully support all of you who actually have to make an effort to boycott. We have the power, let's use it.

Yes, use that power to force everyone to be just like you or go out of business...that is just what our country needs

Like bakeries that wont bake gay wedding cakes or false accusations of racism. A man on a rice box ,syrup bottle, sports teams, military installation, statues, and so on and so on.

I am 100% behind the bakery being able to say no.

As for the rest, thanks for proving once again there is no difference between the right and the left.

Maybe I have some sixth sense when it comes to woke companies, because for some reason I mostly never patronize these companies even before they are outed. My record:

1. Dick's Sporting Goods - They announced that they would no longer sell AR-15s because you know, they are scary guns. I never shopped there anyway because there is a huge Bass Pro Shop that will sell guns often cheaper, not to mention frequent gun shows with prices that can't be beaten in retail stores.

2. The NFL - This is the only boycott of mine that is remotely affective, however, since it seems the majority of conservatives and the non-woke have failed to continue their boycott, mine has little effect. I was a HUGE fan of the game and occasionally bought NFL products. Since that nonsense with "Hands up don't shoot" (complete lie) was never handled by the NFL and they even continue to appease the woke mob, I n ever watch it and I'll never watch it ever again.

3. Target - Some of you may remember when TARGET announce it's "Gender Neutral Bathrooms" several years back. Prior to that, I had occasionally shopped there. After that i haven't set foot in it. Now they have gone full blown woke and further boycotting makes no difference.

4. Bud Light - Never drank it although I have drunk an occasional Bud but it's been a very long time. Now, one of my favorite beers was Shock Top, an AB product and I have stopped drinking it but the problem with that is not a lot of bars and restaurants carry it. Again, my boycott isn't going to cost them much.

5. There's something out there recently about Kohl's. Not familiar with that store, I certainly have never been in the place.

When RvW was overturned, Amazon pledged to pay for their employees' "abortion vacations" in states where abortions are not available.

Amazon stopped receiving my money. It's a PITA to hunt down sources for the stuff I used to buy from Amazon, and I don't like paying for shipping, but it's a clean feeling to not be paying for some woman in my state to kill her child.

Like bakeries that wont bake gay wedding cakes or false accusations of racism. A man on a rice box ,syrup bottle, sports teams, military installation, statues, and so on and so on.

It's useless to try to use logic on that bot. It's a bot.

USMB -- Online Now:
Total: 422 (members: 76, guests: 346)
Robots: 470

Do you regularly give money voluntarily to those that offend your sensibilities?

Not sure I have had a company do that. See, unlike you I am not freaked out by gay people or even trans people. I am neither gay nor trans, but I do not hate people not just like me, so it does not bother me if a store sells stuff to them.

Just like when my favorite BBQ joint added vegan items to their menu and made a big deal about it. If I were you all I would been forced to quit eating there since they targeted someone other than me.

But instead I said "oh, that looks gross" and then ordered and extra large slab of ribs

Ok.............but do you UNDERSTAND that the paerent companies of these businesses own MULTIPLE BRANDS/STORES/PRODUCTS they still make BILLIONS off of????

Doesn't matter if you boycott Bud Light or not, Anheiser Bush has 100 other brand names they make, that still sell all over the world.
Do you think it REALLY matters to them? NO.

It's a pain in the ass to have to reorganize that part of the company, but they just jack up the prices of their other products/brands/stores to make up for it.

If you boycott ONE thing a company makes, you aren't doing anything to them, aside from a bit of annoyance.

They have contingency plans for products that "go bust", or brands that don't sell, or stores that don't get the customer traffic.
They also have specialized insurance and resources for these things that don't work out.

AH is only "hurting" right now, because they have warehouses full of this shit beer, and can't move it. Warehouses that are taking up much needed room for those products that are STILL SELLING BIG TIME.

Boycotting ONE product doesn't do shit.
You get over a million people to stop buying EACH OF THIER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES for more than 6 months.........
.THEN YOU HAVE A BOYCOTT!!!!

Ok.............but do you UNDERSTAND that the paerent companies of these businesses own MULTIPLE BRANDS/STORES/PRODUCTS they still make BILLIONS off of????

Doesn't matter if you boycott Bud Light or not, Anheiser Bush has 100 other brand names they make, that still sell all over the world.
Do you think it REALLY matters to them? NO.

It's a pain in the ass to have to reorganize that part of the company, but they just jack up the prices of their other products/brands/stores to make up for it.

If you boycott ONE thing a company makes, you aren't doing anything to them, aside from a bit of annoyance.

They have contingency plans for products that "go bust", or brands that don't sell, or stores that don't get the customer traffic.
They also have specialized insurance and resources for these things that don't work out.

AH is only "hurting" right now, because they have warehouses full of this shit beer, and can't move it. Warehouses that are taking up much needed room for those products that are STILL SELLING BIG TIME.

Boycotting ONE product doesn't do shit.
You get over a million people to stop buying EACH OF THIER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES for more than 6 months.........
.THEN YOU HAVE A BOYCOTT!!!!

But there are those of us who do not (allegedly) "think" like the left cult and can actually do the research for ourselves, my dear friend.

Another poster was mentioning a sort of radar that they had for companies that had the capacity to lean "woke", and their natural repulsion from those companies. This is an interesting concept. I had never had the slightest desire to shop at a Target or Kohl's or other places that seemed to attract the trailer trash, or be located in trashy neighborhoods.

But all good points made by you.

I have boycotted the nfl very effectively but, you're right, weenies addicted to football find any excuse they can to end their boycott. I'm basically boycotting all sports because they're all guilty. Even the rough and tumble NHL has pride nights to be inclusive. If that's what they want then they can have it. I also never shopped much at Dick's, Target, or Kohl's and I don't drink beer of any kind.

I have boycotted the nfl very effectively but, you're right, weenies addicted to football find any excuse they can to end their boycott. I'm basically boycotting all sports because they're all guilty. Even the rough and tumble NHL has pride nights to be inclusive. If that's what they want then they can have it. I also never shopped much at Dick's, Target, or Kohl's and I don't drink beer of any kind.

I loved when the gun store in my small town ran this kind of ad:

iu

I have boycotted the nfl very effectively but, you're right, weenies addicted to football find any excuse they can to end their boycott. I'm basically boycotting all sports because they're all guilty. Even the rough and tumble NHL has pride nights to be inclusive. If that's what they want then they can have it.

Don't worry, I watch enough NHL/NFL/MLB to make up for you not doing so!

Forum List

Back