'Not enough' troops, equipment in Puerto Rico, says general in charge of relief

facts is Hurricane Sandy victims were ignored by Obama for monthes while Fema lived in the hotels so there was no place in the inn for victims

Fact is ... you’re a lyin’ rightard...

obama-hugs-christie_zps918ebbae_0.png

Obama, FEMA hustle federal disaster relief to Sandy's aftermath
Two politicians in a photo op....boy ya got me there......
Staten Island Residents Say Official Hurricane Sandy Response Has Been Slow And Inadequate | HuffPost
Red Cross’ Hurricane Sandy Response Was a Failure Interrupted by PR Stunts, Report Says
That “photo op” was Christie, Republican governor of New Jersey, thanking Obama for his prompt and much needed federal help.

Which I followed up with an article describing the prompt federal response.

Oh, and moron.... the Red Cross is not FEMA. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

giphy.gif
That was all pr as my articles attest
Is ^^^ that ^^^ supposed to be English?

Regardless, one of your articles was about response failures of the Red Cross. Sadly, you’re apparently too stupid to know the difference between FEMA and the Red Cross.
Yeah every org failed em............from govt right on down to big charity

About 17 years ago Marxist Puerto Rican activists managed to get the government to kick the U.S. Marines out of a base on Vieques that they had been using for 60 years. Wouldn't it have been nice if the Marines were still around with helicopters, amphibious vehicles and manpower? I haven't heard them apologize.

So what about my question though? Why a bigger and quicker response for people that are not U.S citizens?

Relief was already stretched thin with response to continental U.S. citizens in two areas.

When Haiti earthquake happened, not much was going on.

Derp.
It was a cat5 storm. How should they prepare for the total destruction of their infrastructure?
derp and Trump should snap his fingers and its all better over night

No, dope. Trump is the commander in chief. He should have tasked a general to get it done on day one.
We were there day one...derp.......why dont you get your witches to cast a healling spell on the island.....

Obviously not in the way that was effective as he just now, over a week later, put a general in charge, dope.
yeah obviously........havent read one article on PR govt prep......but if Trump doesnt fix it all in 24 hrs he is the failure...........LMMAAOOO

It has been over a week since it happened. There is little you can do to prepare for it. Puerto Rico is a island so they cannot drive to Florida. The pre-positioning of supplies is normally done far away from the area it is expected to hit.

What does Trump offer? The only times he tweets about it is to criticize Puerto Rico. Little wonder they feel neglected.

That “photo op” was Christie, Republican governor of New Jersey, thanking Obama for his prompt and much needed federal help.

Which I followed up with an article describing the prompt federal response.

Oh, and moron.... the Red Cross is not FEMA. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

giphy.gif
That was all pr as my articles attest
Is ^^^ that ^^^ supposed to be English?

Regardless, one of your articles was about response failures of the Red Cross. Sadly, you’re apparently too stupid to know the difference between FEMA and the Red Cross.
Yeah every org failed em............from govt right on down to big charity
Idiot...

obama-hugs-christie_zps918ebbae_0.png

Shoulda cut Puerto Rico loose years ago. We should have granted it Independence when they were demanding it back in the day. It's just another massive drain on the US at this point. Its Government is one of the most corrupt incompetent Governments on earth. Puerto Rico is bankrupt. It recently received a massive US Taxpayer Bailout to stay afloat. And then came the Hurricane.

So folks should understand that Puerto Rico was already in ruins before this Hurricane. And that's not on Trump or the US. That's all on the Puerto Rican People and their Government. They have no one to blame but themselves. You get the Government you want and deserve in the end. And as far as 'Puerto Rico Statehood' goes... HELLS NO!!!!!

As I just said in another thread
What to you expect?
Be it hurricane relief in Puerto Rico or the war in Afghanistan ever hear of a general saying they had enough troops?

You are now insulting our Generals in uniform and saying they are lying. It just might be because they don't have enough men or material.

Shoulda cut Puerto Rico loose years ago. We should have granted it Independence when they were demanding it back in the day. It's just another massive drain on the US at this point. Its Government is one of the most corrupt incompetent Governments on earth. Puerto Rico is bankrupt. It recently received a massive US Taxpayer Bailout to stay afloat. And then came the Hurricane.

So folks should understand that Puerto Rico was already in ruins before this Hurricane. And that's not on Trump or the US. That's all on the Puerto Rican People and their Government. They have no one to blame but themselves. You get the Government you want and deserve in the end. And as far as 'Puerto Rico Statehood' goes... HELLS NO!!!!!
Most corrupt incompetent?? Notice another of Trumps buddies leaving the WH?? Whats that make 12?? 13?? Speaking of incompetent And Price isn't corrupt ? and he's just the latest slime to leave

The Puerto Rico Government, almost certainly aligned with the US Democratic Party, has bankrupted the nation. It was already in ruins before this Hurricane. So it's not on Trump or the US. In fact, the Puerto Rican People have proven to be hateful ingrates at this point. They recently received a massive American Taxpayer Bailout. And they wouldn't even thank the American People for it. They behaved like typical Entitlement jerks.

That's why i say the current Puerto Rican Government has to be aligned with the US Democratic Party. Their Entitlement Snowflake disease has spread to Puerto Rico. And then to top it all off, they've gone and insulted my President too. What a slap in the face. So, we will help them down there, but later we really do need to consider cutting Puerto Rico loose. Grant it Independence and be done with it. It's only a massive drain on the US now. We don't need to cater to more hateful ingrates. We already have enough of them here in the US.

That is why you attack them? Because they dare to question Trump. You are the one who is slapping people in the face. The fact is that the people of Puerto Rico are in trouble and many may die. Yet you want to throw out your petty politics. Let's talk about who is a drain on the US. States like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas have the lowest per capita income in the country. They are Republican led.

What to you expect?
Be it hurricane relief in Puerto Rico or the war in Afghanistan ever hear of a general saying they had enough troops?

You are now insulting our Generals in uniform and saying they are lying. It just might be because they don't have enough men or material.

Only 10,000 right now. More coming as new assessments on infrastructure have been made. It's straight out devastation but it takes more than snapping your fingers to make everything the way it was.

Hell's bells if you've seen the absolute destruction on the air views geeze louise there is no fixing. There is no repair work to be done. Everything is destroyed and has to be built anew.

It's a logistical nightmare.

Most corrupt incompetent?? Notice another of Trumps buddies leaving the WH?? Whats that make 12?? 13?? Speaking of incompetent And Price isn't corrupt ? and he's just the latest slime to leave

The Puerto Rico Government, almost certainly aligned with the US Democratic Party, has bankrupted the nation. It was already in ruins before this Hurricane. So it's not on Trump or the US. In fact, the Puerto Rican People have proven to be hateful ingrates at this point. They recently received a massive American Taxpayer Bailout. And they wouldn't even thank the American People for it. They behaved like typical Entitlement jerks.

That's why i say the current Puerto Rican Government has to be aligned with the US Democratic Party. Their Entitlement Snowflake disease has spread to Puerto Rico. And then to top it all off, they've gone and insulted my President too. What a slap in the face. So, we will help them down there, but later we really do need to consider cutting Puerto Rico loose. Grant it Independence and be done with it. It's only a massive drain on the US now. We don't need to cater to more hateful ingrates. We already have enough of them here in the US.

That is why you attack them? Because they dare to question Trump. You are the one who is slapping people in the face. The fact is that the people of Puerto Rico are in trouble and many may die. Yet you want to throw out your petty politics. Let's talk about who is a drain on the US. States like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas have the lowest per capita income in the country. They are Republican led.

The General wasn't criticizing Trump or the efforts. Every stage in rescue/aid/recovery is an on going assessment as the hours and the days progress. They now know far more boots on the ground are needed. FEMA and the other agencies can't do what our troops can.

Think about it. PR and the US Virgin Islands are like war zones.

It will take time to rebuild Puerto Rico but I feel deeply troubled about how our President responded in that tweet I saw. It would have been better to have a private discussion with the Mayor and respond on Twitter with a compassion and concern for the people who are stranded there with no home, no provisions for their children, and most likely still in disbelief over what has happened. It would be better to respond with what can we do first to alleviate your suffering right now? We're going to do our best and we apologize for any delay or failure to meet your needs adequately. Humility goes a long way.

He could even send out a tweet requesting churches to become involved with trips over there to rebuild, to donate clothing, food, medical supplies, whatever they need. Let the people know we care about them and that their suffering is of great concern to us. To send a message saying that we can't do everything for them makes no sense. They can't do anything right now. They are helpless. Don't make them feel hopeless and add to their misery. Give them hope! Tell them their help is on the way and that they are in our hearts and our prayers and we will all work to get through this together. They are not alone! I just feel that the President's response didn't show the compassion or hope that these people are so desperately in need of. I voted for Trump and I'm not trying to tear him down but I'd like to see him come across with much more mercy and compassion for these poor people and instill hope.

It will take time to rebuild Puerto Rico but I feel deeply troubled about how our President responded in that tweet I saw. It would have been better to have a private discussion with the Mayor and respond on Twitter with a compassion and concern for the people who are stranded there with no home, no provisions for their children, and most likely still in disbelief over what has happened. It would be better to respond with what can we do first to alleviate your suffering right now? We're going to do our best and we apologize for any delay or failure to meet your needs adequately. Humility goes a long way.

He could even send out a tweet requesting churches to become involved with trips over there to rebuild, to donate clothing, food, medical supplies, whatever they need. Let the people know we care about them and that their suffering is of great concern to us. To send a message saying that we can't do everything for them makes no sense. They can't do anything right now. They are helpless. Don't make them feel hopeless and add to their misery. Give them hope! Tell them their help is on the way and that they are in our hearts and our prayers and we will all work to get through this together. They are not alone! I just feel that the President's response didn't show the compassion or hope that these people are so desperately in need of. I voted for Trump and I'm not trying to tear him down but I'd like to see him come across with much more mercy and compassion for these poor people and instill hope.
Sure we'd all like to see that BUT that is NOT him No compassion ,,When you voted for the slime did you think he would change??

I attack them because labeling my President a 'Racist', is a despicable unnecessary act. Especially after Trump and American Taxpayers funded a massive Bailout for Puerto Rico even before this Hurricane hit.

The country is bankrupt. Its Government is a miserable corrupt failure. They should be thanking Trump and American Taxpayers for all the help they've given them. But instead, they choose to be hateful ingrates. So, now i have to write Puerto Rico off. I wash my hands of that hellhole. Movin on...

What to you expect?

Only 10,000 right now. More coming as new assessments on infrastructure have been made. It's straight out devastation but it takes more than snapping your fingers to make everything the way it was.

Hell's bells if you've seen the absolute destruction on the air views geeze louise there is no fixing. There is no repair work to be done. Everything is destroyed and has to be built anew.

And on top of all that, the current Government has bankrupted Puerto Rico. The country was in ruins before this Hurricane hit. Sorry to say, but Puerto Rico is a Third World lost cause. It is what it is.

What to you expect?

And on top of all that, the current Government has bankrupted Puerto Rico. The country was in ruins before this Hurricane hit. Sorry to say, but Puerto Rico is a Third World lost cause. It is what it is.
Sorta like a couple of red states?

So condemn your own President, but defend the piece of shit who publicly called him a 'Racist.' Yeah, you must be a Democrat. Because that's just crazy. The accusation was despicable and absolutely unacceptable. Trump should bitch slap the little twat if he ever runs into him. I know i would.

What to you expect?

Sorta like a couple of red states?

No, not at all like that. Puerto Rico is bankrupt. It just received a massive US Taxpayer Bailout to keep it afloat. Its Government is incredibly corrupt and incompetent. It isn't capable of handling this disaster. And if any Puerto Rican Citizen thinks it is, they're just being completely delusional. Instead of blaming the US President, they should try taking on their own awful Government. I strongly recommend Revolution.

So condemn your own President, but defend the piece of shit who publicly called him a 'Racist.' Yeah, you must be a Democrat. Because that's just crazy. The accusation was despicable and absolutely unacceptable. Trump should bitch slap the little twat if he ever runs into him. I know i would.
If you can't condemn that loud mouthed liar you must be a republican sheep He can't keep his trap shut and deal with problems in a presidential way

If you can't condemn that loud mouthed liar you must be a republican sheep He can't keep his trap shut and deal with problems in a presidential way

Trump didn't deserve that. It was despicable and unacceptable. He really should bitch slap that little twat if he ever runs into him.

You Lefturds are incredible.

In Texas and Florida, we saw thousands out on the streets helping one another, clearing the streets of debris, and cleaning up their neighborhoods - WITHOUT MASSIVE MILITARY ASSISTANCE.

What are we seeing in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands?

Truck drivers aren't showing up to move goods from the ports.
I don't see people clearing away the downed power lines or piles of debris in the streets to supplies can get through.
I don't see them helping one another.

All I see is people sitting on their asses, whining and crying that the government is coming fast enough to help them.

So much for a DemocRAT controlled area.

It doesn't really matter what you think about Puerto Rican rights to criticize the President, call him names, call him a racist or whatever. That bridge was crossed a hundred years ago. The point of no return was reached and the question settled. A hundred years ago Puerto Ricans were declared citizens at the same time conscription into military service was declared the law and 20,000 Puerto Ricans were drafted and sent to WW I. That tradition of service by Puerto Ricans in the military at times of war and peace continued into WW II, Korea, Vietnam and to this day. They have served and have earned their rights.

It doesn't really matter what you think about Puerto Rican rights to criticize the President, call him names, call him a racist or whatever. That bridge was crossed a hundred years ago. The point of no return was reached and the question settled. A hundred years ago Puerto Ricans were declared citizens at the same time conscription into military service was declared the law and 20,000 Puerto Ricans were drafted and sent to WW I. That tradition of service by Puerto Ricans in the military at times of war and peace continued into WW II, Korea, Vietnam and to this day. They have served and have earned their rights.
And how insulting can trump be to say they are just sitting back waiting for others to help?? He and Pence are pigs

Forum List

Back