The Differences Between Federal Response To Puerto Rico vs Maui

Blame the Democrats! Blame the Democrats!

As we see time and time again, Republicans are completely in capable of solving any of the nations problems or even offering solutions. They’re just gonna blame the Democrats for causing them and then block any attempts to solve the problem.

Now you’re blaming Democrats for global warming. How stupid are you? Government is supposed to find solutions to problems too big for individuals to solve. Republicans lack the ability even to solve the problems. All they do is apportion blame and attack Democrats for things that they can’t or won’t fix.
Democrats run Hawaii.
Who else is there to blame?

Democrats run Hawaii.
Who else is there to blame?

Why is your entire focus on blaming someone for what happened? Why is this the knee-jerk response of Republicans at every turn? Blame somebody and use it for political gain.

Instead of investigating to find out what went wrong, and it’s obvious that there were a series of terrible decisions made, to ensure that it never happens again, you want to blame and shame.

It’s stupidity on the hoof.

Why is your entire focus on blaming someone for what happened? Why is this the knee-jerk response of Republicans at every turn? Blame somebody and use it for political gain.

Instead of investigating to find out what went wrong, and it’s obvious that there were a series of terrible decisions made, to ensure that it never happens again, you want to blame and shame.

Similar to their response to COVID

Not “What do we do?”

But “ Who do we blame?”

Name a green policy that made Maui a desert?

I'll wait while you don't
They refused to allow proper irrigation.

The water management official who was an Obama Foundation member made sure that water didn't get to the people fighting the fires for 5 hours allowing the fires to get out of control.

'If we don't learn from our mistakes we're destined to make them again,' Ramaswamy told conservative radio host Erick Erickson at his The Gathering conference in Atlanta.

He detailed his theory for why the first got so out of hand: 'There was an Obama appointee, climate-change activist, who also believes as part of this larger Gaia-centric world-view of the Earth that water rights need to be protected. Which led to a five to six hour delay in the critical window of getting water to put out those fires.'

'We will never know, although certain signs point to signs that we very well could have avoided those catastrophic deaths – many of them – if water had made it to the site of the fires in time,' he continued. 'And I bring this up because we are destined to repeat our mistakes again unless we learn from the ones we have already made.'

The mistake, he claims, is allowing DEI, or diversity, equity, and inclusion, to dominate the decisions of U.S. leaders.

This official made sure that everyone's property was dry as a chip. This is the same sort of water conservation techniques they use in California which resulted in massive grass fires all over the state.

They also reassigned this idiot to another position after his massive screw up caused the deaths of uncounted numbers of men, women, and children in the hundreds.

Well, considering the fact that I'm a firefighter and know what to do and what not to do, and have been to Maui and know the lay of the land, that makes me more of an expert than most people.

Dumb ass Democrats mismanage lands all across the nation in the name of whatever the stupid fuck Dem feel good policy is/was at the time. Result? Raging fires, floods, dried up farmland, out of control pest infestations. These control freak morons think they know better than evolution and nature.

Similar to their response to COVID

Not “What do we do?”

But “ Who do we blame?”

Cuomo sent COVID patients to nursing homes instead of using the ships provided by Trump. He did this because he didn't want Trump to get any credit. Instead, Democrats blame Trump for COVID deaths. Stupidity is not rare among Democrats.

Cuomo sent COVID patients to nursing homes instead of using the ships provided by Trump. He did this because he didn't want Trump to get any credit. Instead, Democrats blame Trump for COVID deaths. Stupidity is not rare among Democrats.
Nothing to do with Maui

The water management official who was an Obama Foundation member made sure that water didn't get to the people fighting the fires for 5 hours allowing the fires to get out of control.

This official made sure that everyone's property was dry as a chip. This is the same sort of water conservation techniques they use in California which resulted in massive grass fires all over the state.

They also reassigned this idiot to another position after his massive screw up caused the deaths of uncounted numbers of men, women, and children in the hundreds.

Who had provided official guidance at that time on what to do with nursing home patients?

Well, considering the fact that I'm a firefighter and know what to do and what not to do, and have been to Maui and know the lay of the land, that makes me more of an expert than most people.

Excuse me while I go have a good laugh over this post.

Being a firefighter means you know how to put out fires. Thank you for your service. It's a dirty and dangerous job, and I do honour your service.

Now explain to me how that makes you an "expert" in Global Climate Change, co-ordinating a disaster response across multiple government agencies in an efficient, and productive manner.

You went to Maui and know the lay of the land. How many wild fires have you worked on or were you an urban fire fighter, putting out house fires? Do you know what resources are available to first responders and where and how to deploy them? Do you know their current disaster plan is and why it failed?

This is like saying "I was a stock broker on Wall Street, and I know why the economy collapsed". In general terms you probably do have an idea of what happened, but calling yourself an "expert" is a laughable claim on your part.

I asked you to name a "green new deal" policy that caused Maui to become a desert and you named zero -- instead you deflect to some guy who worked for Obama -- even tho he, nor Obama passed any "green new deal" policy..

You are a moron

Being a firefighter means you know how to put out fires. Thank you for your service. It's a dirty and dangerous job, and I do honour your service.

Now explain to me how that makes you an "expert" in Global Climate Change, co-ordinating a disaster response across multiple government agencies in an efficient, and productive manner.

You went to Maui and know the lay of the land. How many wild fires have you worked on or were you an urban fire fighter, putting out house fires? Do you know what resources are available to first responders and where and how to deploy them? Do you know their current disaster plan is and why it failed?

This is like saying "I was a stock broker on Wall Street, and I know why the economy collapsed". In general terms you probably do have an idea of what happened, but calling yourself an "expert" is a laughable claim on your part.
Especially since in all of his blaming -- he failed to offer a single solution

Trumpers think more pollution, drilling, fracking and more ceding control to the fossil fuel industry is the solution to all things....

Trumpers think more pollution, drilling, fracking and more ceding control to the fossil fuel industry is the solution to all things....
Refusing to release water during a fire because it doesn't fit your equity and diversity ideology contributed to this disaster if not caused it.

Personally....the SOB should have been charged with manslaughter, but because he worked for Obama he's been reassigned and never heard from again. I expect him to disappear or drown in 3 feet of water while paddleboarding at any moment.

Refusing to release water during a fire because it doesn't fit your equity and diversity ideology contributed to this disaster if not caused it.

Personally....the SOB should have been charged with manslaughter, but because he worked for Obama he's been reassigned and never heard from again. I expect him to disappear or drown in 3 feet of water while paddleboarding at any moment.
Still waiting for you to tell me what does that have to do with the green new deal?

Good question, which is extremely rare for you.

Answer: First thing you learn in firefighting is the "Fire-Triangle". You need three elements to cause a fire. Heat, Fuel, and Oxygen. The heat was caused from whatever started the fire, be it fallen power-lines, or sabotage like Thermite Grenades. The fuel was the dry brush and whatever wood or burnable material was made available. The government refused to touch a blade of grass, deadfall, or underbrush because they didn't want to disturb whatever species might be disturbed by doing so. So they set it up and made it all possible due to their Climate-Change policies. When they refused to allow people to water their properties when the fires started they made sure that the fires would spread quickly. Any amount of water would have helped, but the firefighters couldn't fight any fires because the water was purposely shut off.

Green policies have made just about everything that we used to use to put out fires off-limits. We used to use a combination of liquid detergent and chemical Purple K Powder to put out large fuel fires on board ship, but lately those have been banned. We could pump that out by the hundreds of gallons with a fire nozzle mounted on top of trucks. Nope...can't do that anymore. Before they came up with that we had protein foam made from animal blood and water, but that was made off-limits as well. So is CO2 bottles, which removes oxygen from the fire.

Seems the only thing they can use now is water, and even that was cut off.

The best way to fight a grass fire is create a fire-break. That means doing a lot of digging. Cut a wide trench through the field either with picks and shovels or a bulldozer. They can't spread fire-retardant anymore because it might kill a microbe or some slug. But the left doesn't want the natural landscape disturbed by digging. So all you can do is pour water on it. But then again they weren't allowed to fight fires with water.

Do you see the problem here?

Still waiting for you to tell me what does that have to do with the green new deal?
Are you saying the Green New Deal is in effect, because last I heard it didn't pass congress?

No....green ideology made this disaster inevitable. Only thing I said was "Green policies".

I didn't say the New Green Deal or Green New Deal once.

That's because Donald Trump's CDC told the states to send covid patients back to their nursing homes, once they tested negative. Governors in red states did exactly the same thing.

This was an entirely political attack by Trump because Cuomo was getting so much good publicity for his handling of the covid epidemic in New York, and Trump was pissed that he was getting nothing but criticism.

Last but not least, deaths from covid in New York State nursing homes, was really quite low. More people died in nursing homes in Texas and Florida, than died in New York State, but you never hear about those deaths, and how those governors were murdering the elderly.

More people died in Texas (94,000) and Florida (89,900) than in New York (77,800), and the percentage of nursing homes deaths is much higher in Texas (36%) and Florida (27%) is much higher than New York State. (18%)

This means that 24,200 Florida nursing home patients died from covid, and only 14,000 New York Nursing home patients died. And more than 33,800 Texas nursing home residents died. New York's population is about 2/3 that of Texas and yet Texas nearly had 2 1/2 times the nursing home deaths of Texas. The nursing home death rate in Florida was 72% higher than New York, although the population difference 2 million people.

Yet to this day, Republicans parrot the lie that Cuomo murdered elderly nursing home patients in New York.

And that the rising death rates from global warming, pollution, and fossil fuels is the just "price of doing business". Their disquieting tendency is to assign a transactional value to the lives of the poor and the vulnerable, and be willing to sacrifice a certain number of lives for the greater economic good of the nation.

Trumpers are all about whether or not its profitable. Trump saw covid as an opportunity for the Big Pharma to make big money, but he needed control of patents. That's why he didn't take the WHO test. American companies couldn't profit off the test because the WHO owned the rights. His failure to have a "made in America" test for covid, let the virus get a strong foothold in the country.

Trump signed on with the Saudis to keep oil production low, so that American oil companies could profit from higher prices, and Biden would get the blame.

Somebody did a piece on airline safety years ago, that demonstrated that airlines were actually making money on the insurance when a plane crashed. Airline safety standards were upgraded, and crashes decreased.

Good question, which is extremely rare for you.

Answer: First thing you learn in firefighting is the "Fire-Triangle". You need three elements to cause a fire. Heat, Fuel, and Oxygen. The heat was caused from whatever started the fire, be it fallen power-lines, or sabotage like Thermite Grenades. The fuel was the dry brush and whatever wood or burnable material was made available. The government refused to touch a blade of grass, deadfall, or underbrush because they didn't want to disturb whatever species might be disturbed by doing so. So they set it up and made it all possible due to their Climate-Change policies. When they refused to allow people to water their properties when the fires started they made sure that the fires would spread quickly. Any amount of water would have helped, but the firefighters couldn't fight any fires because the water was purposely shut off.

Green policies have made just about everything that we used to use to put out fires off-limits. We used to use a combination of liquid detergent and chemical Purple K Powder to put out large fuel fires on board ship, but lately those have been banned. We could pump that out by the hundreds of gallons with a fire nozzle mounted on top of trucks. Nope...can't do that anymore. Before they came up with that we had protein foam made from animal blood and water, but that was made off-limits as well. So is CO2 bottles, which removes oxygen from the fire.

Seems the only thing they can use now is water, and even that was cut off.

The best way to fight a grass fire is create a fire-break. That means doing a lot of digging. Cut a wide trench through the field either with picks and shovels or a bulldozer. They can't spread fire-retardant anymore because it might kill a microbe or some slug. But the left doesn't want the natural landscape disturbed by digging. So all you can do is pour water on it. But then again they weren't allowed to fight fires with water.

Do you see the problem here?

Yes, I see the problem here. You are talking about things that have NOTHING to do with what happened here. And then making up a scenario to suit your argument, without waiting for the facts to come out.

The chemicals you can no longer use WERE KILLING FIREFIGHTERS, with cancers, auto-immune disorders, and other deadly illnesses. That's why they were banned.

The rest of your fanciful tale is little more than something you pulled out of your ass:

"A destructive combination of factors — including winds from Hurricane Dora, an unusually dry climate and flammable invasive plant species — aligned to make this wildfire uniquely widespread and dangerous, Lakshmi said.

Nonnative shrubs and grass were introduced to Hawaii from other parts of the world over time to help resist droughts, given their ability to survive extreme heat and dryness. This strategy, experts say, has backfired.

“There were a lot of invasive species which took root and came quickly to life after the last fire, and especially survived a drought,” Lakshmi said, referring to wildfires on the islands in 2018.

Forum List

Back