Non Religious Population on The Decline

Yeap, stupid people love to breed. It is the one thing that they can actually out compete the intelligent ones at. Most of the breeding world is fairly low on the IQ scale. Low IQ individuals tend to be the most religious. Ahhhh...the puzzle of life.

You have just described the premise of the movie Idiocracy.

There's a very good reason that belief in a higher power has persisted in overwhelming numbers in every society since the beginning of man.
Which is what? :popcorn:
If you don't know the reason then you have proven my point that atheists have less than impressive intelligence.
You're the one who said there was a good reason, so what is it?
That it provides a functional advantage.
Not any more it doesn't. Theists today are mostly nuts, Muslims, Jews, Christians (especially in the US)... The scientists and other smarter people are moving away from those backwards concepts.
I would surmise that the 'smarter people' have never been all in from the beginning. Religion acts as societal glue. The more intelligent play the game because of the social ramifications of not doing so. The many laws and precepts are merely social codes that should be adhered to for the good of the society. The intelligent, tend toward some level of agency. In order for these more intelligent elements to get anything done they need a control mechanism, extra-human law. IOW, they need a way to corral and control the dimmer elements of their society. Religion and it's "Big Boss in the Sky/Karmic Law" principle is exactly what an orderly society requires. Especially if that society is populated with <90 I.Q. mouth breathers.
In this way religion is very important and good. Without it, there is lack of direction and subsequent disorder and social decay....as we are seeing in modern culture.
Now, of course I am speaking in the traditional, simplistic, Ten Commandment sense of religion. All things, even religions tend to corrupt with time.

Population of the World's Non-Religious Is on the Decline

Despite the apparent rise in people with no religion, the overall percentage of non-believers is expected to decline as a share of the world's population, according to a new survey from the Pew Research Center.

By 2050, the number of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or who say they have no particular religion will grow by 100 million, for a total of 1.2 billion people. But the percentage of believers will vastly outpace that growth, expanding by more than 2 billion over the same span of time. As a result, the percentage of non-believers, while growing in real terms, will decrease from 16 to 13 percent of the world's population by 2050.

This is only common sense.

People who are not of faith are more apt to embrace abortion and contraception in favor of a better socioeconomic status that is achieved by having less or no children. I heard of one story where a women selectively aborted twins cuz having two children would force her to move from New York City to Jersey, so she murdered one and kept the other.

I think that the Left understands that they are a dying cause, which is why they have sided with Islam. Both want a strong dictatorial one world government regime and both have not morals in how to achieve this end.

Yeap, stupid people love to breed. It is the one thing that they can actually out compete the intelligent ones at. Most of the breeding world is fairly low on the IQ scale. Low IQ individuals tend to be the most religious. Ahhhh...the puzzle of life.

I have just described the trajectory of the planet. Do you think the current population explosion in Africa is due to the advances of Africans? Look at the birth/death ratio of the native populations in the 20 smartest countries on the planet...hint...they aint breedin.

I have just described the trajectory of the planet. Do you think the current population explosion in Africa is due to the advances of Africans? Look at the birth/death ratio of the native populations in the 20 smartest countries on the planet...hint...they aint breedin.

I didn't say I didn't agree with you.

I didn't say I didn't agree with you.
My bad...no tone or non-verbals here...I blame the platform :D

Despite the apparent rise in people with no religion, the overall percentage of non-believers is expected to decline as a share of the world's population, according to a new survey from the Pew Research Center.

By 2050, the number of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or who say they have no particular religion will grow by 100 million, for a total of 1.2 billion people. But the percentage of believers will vastly outpace that growth, expanding by more than 2 billion over the same span of time. As a result, the percentage of non-believers, while growing in real terms, will decrease from 16 to 13 percent of the world's population by 2050.
Islam sawing off heads converts a lot of atheists to become Muslim.
Whatever they're doing is working:
PF_15.04.02_ProjectionsOverview_2050-sidebar_310px.png

Of course they will. 1400 years of violent conquest does that.

Which is what? :popcorn:
If you don't know the reason then you have proven my point that atheists have less than impressive intelligence.
You're the one who said there was a good reason, so what is it?
That it provides a functional advantage.
Not any more it doesn't. Theists today are mostly nuts, Muslims, Jews, Christians (especially in the US)... The scientists and other smarter people are moving away from those backwards concepts.
I would surmise that the 'smarter people' have never been all in from the beginning. Religion acts as societal glue. The more intelligent play the game because of the social ramifications of not doing so. The many laws and precepts are merely social codes that should be adhered to for the good of the society. The intelligent, tend toward some level of agency. In order for these more intelligent elements to get anything done they need a control mechanism, extra-human law. IOW, they need a way to corral and control the dimmer elements of their society. Religion and it's "Big Boss in the Sky/Karmic Law" principle is exactly what an orderly society requires. Especially if that society is populated with <90 I.Q. mouth breathers.
In this way religion is very important and good. Without it, there is lack of direction and subsequent disorder and social decay....as we are seeing in modern culture.
Now, of course I am speaking in the traditional, simplistic, Ten Commandment sense of religion. All things, even religions tend to corrupt with time.

Spirituality has always been a hallmark of human intelligence - always. Marxist bullshit fabricated cover for those too stupid to really comprehend the metaphysical without reducing it to simplistic images by letting them pretend that condescension and hostility toward religion signifies some degree of sophistication when just the opposite is the case.

How does one determine who's side God is on?

It does not require any intellect to deny everything that is presented.

I have yet to meet an atheist here who has impressed me with his intellect.
Well you can stick to your man in the clouds. Whatever keeps your bread buttered.
There's a very good reason that belief in a higher power has persisted in overwhelming numbers in every society since the beginning of man.
Well, good for them. I hope they are all happy and healthy.
I sort of doubt that.
Really? Why?
Because you have a poor opinion of them.

Well you can stick to your man in the clouds. Whatever keeps your bread buttered.
I sort of doubt that.
Really? Why?
Just because I find them to be a bit slow doesn't mean that I wish them unhappiness.

Spirituality has always been a hallmark of human intelligence - always.
Certainly true, to a point.

Marxist bullshit fabricated cover for those too stupid to really comprehend the metaphysical without reducing it to simplistic images by letting them pretend that condescension and hostility toward religion signifies some degree of sophistication when just the opposite is the case.
I don't completely agree with that. However, Marx did correctly see religion for what it is.

I sort of doubt that.
Really? Why?
Just because I find them to be a bit slow doesn't mean that I wish them unhappiness.
Given that you negatively stereotyped an entire class of people and given that they are the overwhelming majority of people I wouldn't put it past you.

For any given thing find the highest standard possible. God is on that side.

I sort of doubt that.
Really? Why?
Given that you negatively stereotyped an entire class of people and given that they are the overwhelming majority of people I wouldn't put it past you.
Well, you are incorrect. I wish no one harm.

Spirituality has always been a hallmark of human intelligence - always.
Certainly true, to a point.

Marxist bullshit fabricated cover for those too stupid to really comprehend the metaphysical without reducing it to simplistic images by letting them pretend that condescension and hostility toward religion signifies some degree of sophistication when just the opposite is the case.
I don't completely agree with that. However, Marx did correctly see religion for what it is.

As with government and economics, he tried to impose his stupid theories on it and fucked up a lot of shit.

None of these trend extrapolations ever actually comes true. Whenever you read a story that starts with "By 2050..." or anything like that, take it with a large grain of salt.

It's all spelled out in the Bible. The cult Islam will gain world dominance, the Jews will rebuild the Temple, 3-1/2 years of peace then hell literally breaks out on earth.

Forum List

Back