Non Religious Population on The Decline

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
Population of the World's Non-Religious Is on the Decline

Despite the apparent rise in people with no religion, the overall percentage of non-believers is expected to decline as a share of the world's population, according to a new survey from the Pew Research Center.

By 2050, the number of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or who say they have no particular religion will grow by 100 million, for a total of 1.2 billion people. But the percentage of believers will vastly outpace that growth, expanding by more than 2 billion over the same span of time. As a result, the percentage of non-believers, while growing in real terms, will decrease from 16 to 13 percent of the world's population by 2050.

Yeap, stupid people love to breed. It is the one thing that they can actually out compete the intelligent ones at. Most of the breeding world is fairly low on the IQ scale. Low IQ individuals tend to be the most religious. Ahhhh...the puzzle of life.

I suspect we'll be seeing quite a few suddenly-religious people very soon, once the mushroom clouds spring up.

Yeap, stupid people love to breed. It is the one thing that they can actually out compete the intelligent ones at. Most of the breeding world is fairly low on the IQ scale. Low IQ individuals tend to be the most religious. Ahhhh...the puzzle of life.
It does not require any intellect to deny everything that is presented.

I have yet to meet an atheist here who has impressed me with his intellect.

Despite the apparent rise in people with no religion, the overall percentage of non-believers is expected to decline as a share of the world's population, according to a new survey from the Pew Research Center.

By 2050, the number of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or who say they have no particular religion will grow by 100 million, for a total of 1.2 billion people. But the percentage of believers will vastly outpace that growth, expanding by more than 2 billion over the same span of time. As a result, the percentage of non-believers, while growing in real terms, will decrease from 16 to 13 percent of the world's population by 2050.
Islam sawing off heads converts a lot of atheists to become Muslim.

Well you can stick to your man in the clouds. Whatever keeps your bread buttered.

Well you can stick to your man in the clouds. Whatever keeps your bread buttered.
There's a very good reason that belief in a higher power has persisted in overwhelming numbers in every society since the beginning of man.

There's a very good reason that belief in a higher power has persisted in overwhelming numbers in every society since the beginning of man.
Well, good for them. I hope they are all happy and healthy.

Islam sawing off heads converts a lot of atheists to become Muslim.
That's a great argument in favor of religion! I think I will pray the Shahada as a preventative measure.

I sort of doubt that.

Which is what? :popcorn:

If you don't know the reason then you have proven my point that atheists have less than impressive intelligence.

If you don't know the reason then you have proven my point that atheists have less than impressive intelligence.
You're the one who said there was a good reason, so what is it?

Says one of the dumbest pseudo-intellectuals on this site :lol:

That it provides a functional advantage.

Not any more it doesn't. Theists today are mostly nuts, Muslims, Jews, Christians (especially in the US)... The scientists and other smarter people are moving away from those backwards concepts.

Not any more it doesn't. Theists today are mostly nuts, Muslims, Jews, Christians (especially in the US)... The scientists and other smarter people are moving away from those backwards concepts.
Untrue. The functional advantage does not change.

And you might want to recheck the per capita projections.

I sort of doubt that.
Really? Why?

Forum List

Back