Nobodies unemployment rate has a 1.2 trillion dollar failed stimulus in it, but 1

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Obama got 1/2 of tarp also
people keep trying to compare Obama to Reagan and Jr
You cannot

GWB had a stimulus also, he gave it back to the tax payer and for close to 100% of his 8 years UE was below 6%, some below 5
Reagan's did get over 10, but he created close to 20 million jobs before it was over and did it with a deficit that had 2 recessions and re building the military, that was also about the same in 8 years BHO is for1
The Reagan Information Page:Job Creation
One of the strongest features of the Reagan expansion was the job creation numbers. Almost 20 million jobs were created in just seven years. And contrary to popular mythology, most of those jobs paid at least $10/hour. Part of that myth is that service sector jobs equal low paying jobs. However, that is not the case, as even critics of Reagan are now admitting. In fact, the overall job statistics show the Reagan expansion to be one of the best ever.
tarp:
TARP Vote: Obama Wins, Senate Effectively Approves $350 Billion
Michael J. Boskin: Why the Spending Stimulus Failed - WSJ.com

You cannot

GWB had a stimulus also, he gave it back to the tax payer and for close to 100% of his 8 years UE was below 6%, some below 5
Reagan's did get over 10, but he created close to 20 million jobs before it was over and did it with a deficit that had 2 recessions and re building the military, that was also about the same in 8 years BHO is for1
One of the strongest features of the Reagan expansion was the job creation numbers. Almost 20 million jobs were created in just seven years. And contrary to popular mythology, most of those jobs paid at least $10/hour. Part of that myth is that service sector jobs equal low paying jobs. However, that is not the case, as even critics of Reagan are now admitting. In fact, the overall job statistics show the Reagan expansion to be one of the best ever.
tarp:

How did Bush fund either one of his stimulus initiatives? Oh that's right....he DIDN'T.

You cannot

tarp:

How did Bush fund either one of his stimulus initiatives? Oh that's right....he DIDN'T.

But that deficit did not go to the UAW
It went to the tax payer, close to 300 billion in total, about 15% of his total deficit

Last edited:
Reagan tripled the existing debt to get his employment numbers up. That was quite a stimulus

You cannot

tarp:

RLMAO......you libs crack me up!!!!:lol::lol:

Name anything Obama did that was paid for.

You cannot

tarp:

So.....defecit spending is only bad when Obama does it. Got it!:eusa_eh:

Reagan tripled the existing debt to get his employment numbers up. That was quite a stimulus

Its amazing that a thread that is about Obama takes on this kind of face
by the way
Obama's debt for one year is about the same Reagan was for 8
Obama's did not put much of the 1.2 trillion back into the tax payers hand
Reagan did

by the way
Reagan did

30 years difference?

Reagan spent his money on escalating the Defense industry. Obama on infrastructure. Both used deficit spending to emerge from a recession, Reagan just did more of it

Bush ran up a $5 trillion deficit

Where did it go?

$2 trillion on tax cuts and $2trillion on two wars

I would rather spend money on the American people

Let me try this again
Obama had 1.2 trillion dollars he borrowed to create jobs in 9 weeks of him taking office
That somehow gets compared to people who did have a deficit over 8 years of about twice that, with the creation, thats net creation of about 25 million jobs

Obama has a net loss of millions, thats jobs and has added about 3 trillion dollars to that debt sense then

Now you tell me what is good and what is bad

Republicans vs Democrats on deficit spending

This should be a fun thread watching who can excuse their party's wild out of control spending the best.

(here's a hint, the next guy always spends more than the guy before him, no matter the party, no matter how fiscally liberal the guy before him was)

Let me try this again
Obama had 1.2 trillion dollars he borrowed to create jobs in 9 weeks of him taking office
That somehow gets compared to people who did have a deficit over 8 years of about twice that, with the creation, thats net creation of about 25 million jobs

Obama has a net loss of millions, thats jobs and has added about 3 trillion dollars to that debt sense then

Obamas TARP loans are being paid back....the Bush loans were gifts

Obama added more jobs since the Stimulus (3 million) than Bush did in eight years (1 million)

Last edited:

Let me try this again

And Bush sent people checks in the amount of $250 or $500 each. How did he fund those checks, and exactly WHAT did it stimulate?

by the way
Reagan did

30 years difference?

Reagan spent his money on escalating the Defense industry. Obama on infrastructure. Both used deficit spending to emerge from a recession, Reagan just did more of it

WHAT? MORE OF IT?
Reagan did 2 trillion in 8 years
Obama did that much in 8 weeks allmost
the NEA and the UAW is not infrastructure
ut Steve Stanek of The Heartland Institute argues that the bill should not have included the allotted $87 billion for education.

Stanek argues that the stimulus basically amounts to a payoff for teachers and teachers unions who supported Obama.
Dems thank teachers unions with 'stimulus' money (OneNewsNow.com)

Let me try this again

And Bush sent people checks in the amount of $250 or $500 each. How did he fund those checks, and exactly WHAT did it stimulate?

My Bank account, Its my money to start with, it was not Bushes or Obamas
Thats what you Liberals who do not pay taxes miss in all of this

Let me try this again

Borrowed money to buy votes. The economy still tanked

Just like the Bush tax cuts...borrowed money to fund them

Difference between Bush TARP and OBama TARP?

Bush money was a gift with no strings attached

Obama demanded collateral and a change in the way they did business. Obama TARP is being paid back while the Bush TSRP is long gone

Thats the difference between Dems and Repubs. Dems demand accountability from big business while Repubs are firmly in their pocket

Republicans vs Democrats on deficit spending

This should be a fun thread watching who can excuse their party's wild out of control spending the best.

(here's a hint, the next guy always spends more than the guy before him, no matter the party, no matter how fiscally liberal the guy before him was)

Dr dock
The thread is about the policy and the usu age of debt
to start with debt is a way of doing business. I work for a company who is bond able in the billions, net worth in the millions
with out that you cannot grow

i read a thread that stated Reagan had an UE rate of over 10%, like Obama had fended that off or done a better job
Ok
where is Reagan's UE rate after 24 months if he threw 1.2 trillion dollars at the way he would have created jobs the first few weeks of his admin after 24 months?
People compare apples to oranges on the left, most i know on the right do not
Now you can decide one is better than another, but doing it with leaving out that fact makes it look to me as one is trying to hide something

Let me try this again

My Bank account, Its my money to start with, it was not Bushes or Obamas
Thats what you Liberals who do not pay taxes miss in all of this

And what cuts did Bush make in spending to offset the checks he sent back to the people?

When you look at the economic crash of 2007-2009 you can see how Bush throwing money at the problem did nothing to slow the crash or the economic panic. Within a month of Obama passing his TARP and Stimulus, the recession reversed

Obama showed leadership and prevented a Depression. Bush looked on like a deer in the headlights

Forum List

Back