Nobodies unemployment rate has a 1.2 trillion dollar failed stimulus in it, but 1

Bush had far more than a trillion in monetary and fiscal stimulus in 2001.

You have a link to back that up?
you and I know thats not true

You must be joking. The 2001 tax cuts were several hundred billion.

The Fed pushed 300B through the discount window in the week after 9.11.

The Fed cut interest rates from about 5 to near zero almost overnight, and kept them low for years.

Obama got 1/2 of tarp also
people keep trying to compare Obama to Reagan and Jr
You cannot

GWB had a stimulus also, he gave it back to the tax payer and for close to 100% of his 8 years UE was below 6%, some below 5
Reagan's did get over 10, but he created close to 20 million jobs before it was over and did it with a deficit that had 2 recessions and re building the military, that was also about the same in 8 years BHO is for1
The Reagan Information Page:Job Creation
One of the strongest features of the Reagan expansion was the job creation numbers. Almost 20 million jobs were created in just seven years. And contrary to popular mythology, most of those jobs paid at least $10/hour. Part of that myth is that service sector jobs equal low paying jobs. However, that is not the case, as even critics of Reagan are now admitting. In fact, the overall job statistics show the Reagan expansion to be one of the best ever.
tarp:
TARP Vote: Obama Wins, Senate Effectively Approves $350 Billion
Michael J. Boskin: Why the Spending Stimulus Failed - WSJ.com

More than 30% of the stimulus was "tax cuts".

We knew who destroyed the manufacturing base clear back in 2004. That's the good thing about the Internet. It makes it harder to "rewrite" history. Who controlled congress under Clinton's second term? Who controlled the entire government during Bush's first term? Economic failure can be easily traced to those times. It's not difficult.

Shifting blame for manufacturing job loss

The manufacturing sector lost more than three million jobs between 1998 and 2003, with 2.7 million lost since the immediate pre-recession year of 2000. Roughly coinciding with this manufacturing employment loss, the trade deficit in manufactured goods increased by over $230 billion

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

Those tax cuts were planned into the models. Were they actually realized? Go check the IRS and let me know just how many of the "tax cuts" were real.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You go look it up. It was only a couple of years ago. Not nearly enough time for Republicans to once again, rewrite history.

HA!

What exactly did Obama do and when again? We've been through this before. None of Obama's policies took effect before the recession ended. Nice try though.

You also forget what precipitated this collapse, the straw that broke the Camel's back. It was an expected major increase in business operating costs, the Democrat agenda. And when did it start? When they had clear majorities in the House and Senate and the only viable options for the Oval Office were varying degrees of fiscal liberals.

Bush and the Republicans were bad enough, but even a McCain Presidency with a Democrat Legislature was going to vastly increase business costs. The hedge funds started to cash out and the whole thing unraveled from there.

Bush made it worse and Obama has only made it more than worse. Much much moreso. Any improvements from there are nothing but aberrations. There has been no recovery, just sucking to lesser extent, getting more detrimental at a slower rate.

That's not a recovery.

Both the Economic Stimulus and the Obama TARP payouts took effect. They demonstrated that the US government was willing to stand behind the financial and automotive sectors and reversed the panic that prevailed under Bush

None of the President's actions actually happened before the end of the recession. Obama performed CPR on a victim that was no longer dying. Guess what happens when you do that literally?

LOL. Not really dying?

GDP was negative in 4 of the last 5 quarters
700,000 jobs a month being lost
Stock market dropped from 14,000 to 6600
Auto industry folding

And your opinion of the patient? Just leave him alone, he will be OK

Both the Economic Stimulus and the Obama TARP payouts took effect. They demonstrated that the US government was willing to stand behind the financial and automotive sectors and reversed the panic that prevailed under Bush

None of the President's actions actually happened before the end of the recession. Obama performed CPR on a victim that was no longer dying. Guess what happens when you do that literally?

LOL. Not really dying?

Auto industry folding

argue your point with accurate information
it makes you look desperate when you do not
GDP GDP United States (Recent History)
Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009 jobs lost, nothing to be proud of with harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi running congress for 2 years

Obamas TARP loans are being paid back....the Bush loans were gifts

Obama added more jobs since the Stimulus (3 million) than Bush did in eight years (1 million)

Obama most certainly did not add 3 million jobs.

Also, that's a false comparison - contrasting 2 years of Obama with 8 years of Bush especially noting when the collapse happened what changed then (think House and Senate).

I will make the same offer to you

Show a piece of House or Senate legislation that predicated the economic collapse in the Summer of 2007. If not....shut the fuck up

Bush and McCain Proposed Oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac | Can I Just Finish My Waffle?

What the hell does that have to do with anything?
are you saying the govt could do nothing to stop this collapse?
I thought it was Ws fault
I mean the dems had 4 years running congress and 2 years with the white house included and has went thru about 6 trillion dollars we do not have and millions of jobs we do not have anymore

And your blaming some-one else for it? are you trying to say legislation we don have caused it?
You want some legislation that predicted this? your not going to like it
If it was Ws fault, then why couldn't BHO and the liberal congress fix it?

Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005

The United States Senate May 25, 2006 Sen. John McCain [R-AZ]: Mr. President, this week Fannie Mae’s regulator reported that the company’s quarterly reports of profit growth over the past few years were “illusions deliberately and systematically created” by the company’s senior management, which resulted in a $10.6 billion accounting scandal. The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight’s report goes on to say that Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. In the case of Franklin Raines, Fannie Mae’s former chief executive officer, OFHEO’s report shows that over half of Mr. Raines’ compensation for the 6 years through 2003 was directly tied to meeting earnings targets. The report of financial misconduct at Fannie Mae echoes the deeply troubling $5 billion profit restatement at Freddie Mac. The OFHEO report also states that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator’s examination of the company’s accounting problems. This report comes some weeks after Freddie Mac paid a record $3.8 million fine in a settlement with the Federal Election Commission and restated lobbying disclosure reports from 2004 to 2005. These are entities that have demonstrated over and over again that they are deeply in need of reform.

For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–known as Government-sponsored entities or GSEs–and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market. OFHEO’s report this week does nothing to ease these concerns. In fact, the report does quite the contrary. OFHEO’s report solidifies my view that the GSEs need to be reformed without delay. I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole. I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.

The Democrats killed this measure in Committee preventing the full Senate Vote.

Now, does this tell the whole story of what is happening to the housing and financial system in the United States? I’m sure it does not. Mostly what I hear is that it is “complex.” But it sure is unfair and misleading, to say the least, to note something that happened ten years ago without also stating what happened in 2003 and 2006. The truth is in there somewhere.

Check this link http://cbs2chicago.com/business/fannie.mae.franklin.2.703253.html for some interesting facts about the aforementioned Franklin Raines, former CEO of Fannie Mae, or just Google him. According to Wiki, Raines is currently employed by Barack Obama’s Presidential Campaign as an economic adviser. Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008 Top Three:

Dodd, Christopher J S CT D $165,400
Obama, Barack S IL D $126,349
Kerry, John S MA D $111,000
See all: Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

September 19, 2008 update “In 2005– Barack Obama and the Congressional Black Caucus met with Fannie Mae for a “family” event. In 2005 Democrats also blocked reform of Fannie Mae” And this little piggy went to market. This video is a must see. click link below:

LOL. Not really dying?

Auto industry folding

Total 2008 job loss: 2.6 million - Jan. 9, 2009 jobs lost, nothing to be proud of with harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi running congress for 2 years

Thanks for posting...your charts support my facts. Nice to know I was right. My offer still stands.....post a piece of legislation that caused the economy to collapse in the summer of 2007 or shut the fuck up

More than 30% of the stimulus was "tax cuts".

We knew who destroyed the manufacturing base clear back in 2004. That's the good thing about the Internet. It makes it harder to "rewrite" history. Who controlled congress under Clinton's second term? Who controlled the entire government during Bush's first term? Economic failure can be easily traced to those times. It's not difficult.

Shifting blame for manufacturing job loss

The manufacturing sector lost more than three million jobs between 1998 and 2003, with 2.7 million lost since the immediate pre-recession year of 2000. Roughly coinciding with this manufacturing employment loss, the trade deficit in manufactured goods increased by over $230 billion

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

Those tax cuts were planned into the models. Were they actually realized? Go check the IRS and let me know just how many of the "tax cuts" were real.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You go look it up. It was only a couple of years ago. Not nearly enough time for Republicans to once again, rewrite history.

You made the claim, so back it up if you can. There's a reason I know why those tax cuts didn't materialize.

Obama most certainly did not add 3 million jobs.

Also, that's a false comparison - contrasting 2 years of Obama with 8 years of Bush especially noting when the collapse happened what changed then (think House and Senate).

I will make the same offer to you

Show a piece of House or Senate legislation that predicated the economic collapse in the Summer of 2007. If not....shut the fuck up

Bush and McCain Proposed Oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac | Can I Just Finish My Waffle?

What the hell does that have to do with anything?
are you saying the govt could do nothing to stop this collapse?
I thought it was Ws fault
I mean the dems had 4 years running congress and 2 years with the white house included and has went thru about 6 trillion dollars we do not have and millions of jobs we do not have anymore

And your blaming some-one else for it? are you trying to say legislation we don have caused it?
You want some legislation that predicted this? your not going to like it
If it was Ws fault, then why couldn't BHO and the liberal congress fix it?

Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005

The United States Senate May 25, 2006 Sen. John McCain [R-AZ]: Mr. President, this week Fannie Mae’s regulator reported that the company’s quarterly reports of profit growth over the past few years were “illusions deliberately and systematically created” by the company’s senior management, which resulted in a $10.6 billion accounting scandal. The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight’s report goes on to say that Fannie Mae employees deliberately and intentionally manipulated financial reports to hit earnings targets in order to trigger bonuses for senior executives. In the case of Franklin Raines, Fannie Mae’s former chief executive officer, OFHEO’s report shows that over half of Mr. Raines’ compensation for the 6 years through 2003 was directly tied to meeting earnings targets. The report of financial misconduct at Fannie Mae echoes the deeply troubling $5 billion profit restatement at Freddie Mac. The OFHEO report also states that Fannie Mae used its political power to lobby Congress in an effort to interfere with the regulator’s examination of the company’s accounting problems. This report comes some weeks after Freddie Mac paid a record $3.8 million fine in a settlement with the Federal Election Commission and restated lobbying disclosure reports from 2004 to 2005. These are entities that have demonstrated over and over again that they are deeply in need of reform.

For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–known as Government-sponsored entities or GSEs–and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market. OFHEO’s report this week does nothing to ease these concerns. In fact, the report does quite the contrary. OFHEO’s report solidifies my view that the GSEs need to be reformed without delay. I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole. I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation.

The Democrats killed this measure in Committee preventing the full Senate Vote.

Now, does this tell the whole story of what is happening to the housing and financial system in the United States? I’m sure it does not. Mostly what I hear is that it is “complex.” But it sure is unfair and misleading, to say the least, to note something that happened ten years ago without also stating what happened in 2003 and 2006. The truth is in there somewhere.

Check this link http://cbs2chicago.com/business/fannie.mae.franklin.2.703253.html for some interesting facts about the aforementioned Franklin Raines, former CEO of Fannie Mae, or just Google him. According to Wiki, Raines is currently employed by Barack Obama’s Presidential Campaign as an economic adviser. Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008 Top Three:

Dodd, Christopher J S CT D $165,400
Obama, Barack S IL D $126,349
Kerry, John S MA D $111,000
See all: Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

September 19, 2008 update “In 2005– Barack Obama and the Congressional Black Caucus met with Fannie Mae for a “family” event. In 2005 Democrats also blocked reform of Fannie Mae” And this little piggy went to market. This video is a must see. click link below:

Who controlled Congress in 2005-2007?

LOL. Not really dying?

Auto industry folding

The recession ended in June 2009. What did President Obama do between January and June to make that happen?

LOL. Not really dying?

Auto industry folding

The recession ended in June 2009. What did President Obama do between January and June to make that happen?

Tax cuts, stimulus spending.

LOL. Not really dying?

Auto industry folding

Which ones? Be specific.

LOL. Not really dying?

Auto industry folding

Thanks for posting...your charts support my facts. Nice to know I was right. My offer still stands.....post a piece of legislation that caused the economy to collapse in the summer of 2007 or shut the fuck up
I showed the ones that were there to prevent it that the dems blew off

Yes the GDP graph and jobs lost information really helped you look like your claims are accurate all right, I would be ashamed, this is why you provide links
I do not know what your trying to say on the legislation, but this legislation caused the housing bubble
And by the way, with this shut the fuck up?
put this in your pipe and smoke it, you do not know anything
you need to shut up an learn. Your making a fool of your self so stop it

The repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 effectively removed the separation that previously existed between Wall Street investment banks and depository banks. There is debate as to what role the repeal may have played in the Financial crisis of 2007–2010.

(There is no debate with many of us, instead o acting a fool do some DD and make your own mind up)

Gramm

The bill that ultimately repealed the Act was introduced in the Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa) in 1999. The bills were passed by a Republican majority, basically following party lines by a 54–44 vote in the Senate[9] and by a bi-partisan 343–86 vote in the House of Representatives.[10] After passing both the Senate and House the bill was moved to a conference committee to work out the differences between the Senate and House versions. The final bill resolving the differences was passed in the Senate 90–8 (one not voting) and in the House: 362–57 (15 not voting). The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999.[11]
The banking industry had been seeking the repeal of Glass–Steagall since at least the 1980s. In 1987 the Congressional Research Service prepared a report which explored the cases for and against preserving the Glass–Steagall act.[8]

Last edited:

Which ones? Be specific.

The payroll tax cut
A refundable credit of $400 per person.
Accelerated depreciation schedules for businesses.
Funding for road and school projects across the country.
...among other things.

You believe tax cuts create economic growth, right?

The Dems had no power to blow anything off. They were the minority in both houses and the executive branch. They couldn't prevent a bill from leaving committee.

We partly agree on Gramm-Leech. That Republican legislation was wisely opposed by Senate Dems, but House dems and Clinton agreed to it. I'm not sure it was a major factor, but it certainly played a role.

The Dems had no power to blow anything off. They were the minority in both houses and the executive branch. They couldn't prevent a bill from leaving committee.

We partly agree on Gramm-Leech. That Republican legislation was wisely opposed by Senate Dems, but House dems and Clinton agreed to it. I'm not sure it was a major factor, but it certainly played a role.

from 2007 thru 2010 the Liberals controlled both the house and the senate
They had enough power to filler buster from 03-06
You say they where opposed to glass segall?? do your DD on these matters please
only 9 Dems in the senate voted against the final bill and Bill C signed it

Which ones? Be specific.

The payroll tax cut
...among other things.

To start with having a positive GDP of anything after it fell of like it did and we still are millions of obs short of where we where in 2008 is not anything to brag on when Obama Borrowed well over 1 trillion dollars and included billion in tax cuts (smart move) to have this "result"
You know what the liberal mind does not grasp here?
The govt did not cause this, this is why they cannot fix it
the consumer and the banker, in bed to gather and greed caused this
My issue with Obama is never let a crises go to waste. He took advantage of that event to push the debt so hi higher income taxes is the only tool that will fix it

Which ones? Be specific.

The payroll tax cut
...among other things.

To start with having a positive GDP of anything after it fell of like it did and we still are millions of obs short of where we where in 2008 is not anything to brag on when Obama Borrowed well over 1 trillion dollars and included billion in tax cuts (smart move) to have this "result"

The economy turned around. That's something to be happy about.

Indeed, the government did not cause this. They can, however, play a role in alleviating it.

The payroll tax cut
...among other things.

Indeed, the government did not cause this. They can, however, play a role in alleviating it.

Then why is it the liberals and the media have blamed this on GWB?
And why is it that giving the GM and Chrysler to the UAW as well as the teachers billions is going to fix it?
You have been respect full, this is what is wrong with this entire admin and the level of un true information that the media and this admin along with Pelosi and Reid
putting this country in the level of debt that congress and he has is wrong, period
And to try and compare the GDP and UE rates with any other president without stating that first is wrong
lets not forget GWB had a recession, 9-11, Enron as well as the stock market crash of 2002
in his first 24 months in office

In Oct. of 2002, the NASDAQ dropped as low as 1,108.49 which is a 78.4% drop from its all-time high of 5,132.52 in Mar. of 2000.
Stocks were trading in the hundreds and some in the thousands on a P/E basis.
It would take the stock market about 30 years to make it back to the 1929 highs, though most investors would have recovered their losses in the 30's through dividend returns.
Stock Picks System .com - The World's Most Profitable Stock Picks System /stock_market_history.htm (1258 words)

Wikinfo | Stock market bubble
A Stock market bubble is a type of economic bubble in which an exaggerated bull market where the value of stocks listed on a stock exchange rise dramatically upon a wave of public enthusiasm.
Still other examples of stock market bubbles include Japanese stocks in the late-1980s, Nifty 50 stocks in the early 1970s, and Taiwanese stocks in 1987.
A stock market bubble may set the stage for a later stock market crash, continuing our example, the Stock Market Crash of 2002.
Main Page - Wikinfo /wiki.php?title=Stock_market_bubble (217 words)

liberals blame GWB for the same reason Conservatives blame Obama and the Dems. It's politics.

And why is it that giving the GM and Chrysler to the UAW as well as the teachers billions is going to fix it?

Nobody "gave" GM and Chrysler to the UAW. Shareholders weren't made whole - which is what's supposed to happen when you hold shares in a failing company. That's risk.

You have been respect full, this is what is wrong with this entire admin and the level of un true information that the media and this admin along with Pelosi and Reid
putting this country in the level of debt that congress and he has is wrong, period
And to try and compare the GDP and UE rates with any other president without stating that first is wrong
lets not forget GWB had a recession, 9-11, Enron as well as the stock market crash of 2002

There is no meaningful comparison between the economy faced by President Bush and the one faced by Obama. and didn't we just get done establishing that neither of them is responsible for the economy?

liberals blame GWB for the same reason Conservatives blame Obama and the Dems. It's politics.

Nobody "gave" GM and Chrysler to the UAW. Shareholders weren't made whole - which is what's supposed to happen when you hold shares in a failing company. That's risk.

There is no meaningful comparison between the economy faced by President Bush and the one faced by Obama. and didn't we just get done establishing that neither of them is responsible for the economy?

I agree
But
There was reason, it had to do with trying to understand why one took the path to recovery with a tax break, across the board and 2 small tax rebates that in the first 4 years cost us about 7-900 billion in debt total, with 9-11, 2 wars, market crash, recession etc...
The other took the path that has cost us 4-5 trillion in debt in 2, with a market crash, recession and 1 war
With respect

Forum List

Back