No thank you, Obama will help them.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

Gee, I wonder how long this thread would have dragged on if I would have just said this?:eusa_eh:

Most of us, liberals included, could have agreed with you.

That's right, New Balance as well...they headquarter right outside of Boston now, in Newton, Mass, I believe...

there were many more companies than what i mentioned, all up here... I think Dexter was here also at one time...
well, we still have Quoddy and LL Bean
but with the way the state is driving business away, we might not have them for much longer

Nonsense.

The great sucking sound you're hearing is the sound of Mainer's jobs going to low wage workers in Asia.

There isn't a bleedin' thing the STATE can do about it, either.
sorry, but this state IS hostile to business
the voters as well as the government

Pubic:

Show me one post where anyone claimed that a business should be taxed on gross receipts.

And again, the OP claims to be in a bracket that will have its taxes raised while bringing home welfare wages. That is not true, hasn't ever been true, and will never be true.

Sure... as soon as the Gunny receives your $1000 deposit, which will set a tangible value to the degree that you stating that your position rests upon NO LEFTIST EVERY HAVING CLAIMED THAT A BUSINESS SHOULD BE TAXED ON WHAT AMOUNTS TO GROSS SALES....

It will take some time to find a post in the sea of posts... and I'm not going to go through the trouble of finding it, when this issue will be over in 24 hours... especially considering that you'd just change the subject...

Now if you feel strongly that this point is ROCK SOLID, that you KNWO FOR A FACT that it's never happened... just paypal the Gunny the thousand bucks... and when he E-mails me that he's got it on deposit, I will happily go to work getting you numerous posts where Leftists have taken such a position... They're all over the place... dozens of boards, including this one.

Now I will give the Gunny $150 of the grand that I earn for humiliating you WHEN I provide those posts... IF I should NOT... then the gunny will refund you the Grand, I will pay him the $150 he would otherwise have retained and the 6% in fees which would PP will deduct (3% both ways...) which exposes me to the potential liability of roughly 20%... SO YOU'RE GIVING 5:1 odds...

That's a deal I can work with... 5:1 on a sure bet.

Now either pony up... or shut up.

It's your call sis.

Public, thanks for admitting to being too much of a coward to admit you are wrong.

ROFL...

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted...

(Note to Board: This member makes an assertion which sets at risk absolutely ZERO. She then requires that her opposition compile evidence in support of that which she has rejected, from an endless sea of hundreds of thousands of posts, potentially requiring hours of research. Now how many of you have witnessed individuals making a given claim; you KNOW it happened, hammered the dumbass without mercy for it, and moved on? As was the situtation in this case, you've done this dozens of times, across numerous boards... but you didn't save the thread; and you can't just 'click a link' and return to it... so to find it, you'd have to go back through God only knows how many threads to find it... ; you'd have to wade through the endless texts... Well this is what we're looking at here. The member wants this simple point, and she wants it on absolutely NOTHING but her rejection... So I've CHALLENGED her to put some skin in the game... a concept that HER PRESIDENT HAS SUPPORTED... THAT HER PRESIDENT HAS ADVANCED AS BEING CRITICAL TO THE SUCCESS OF HIS POLICY... Yet where SHE is asked to set HER OWN ASSERTION AGAINST A TANGIBLE VALUE OF RISK... SHE OPTS TO SIMPLY LET IT SLIDE...

And she claims victory in doing so.

The fact is she lost. She made an assertion, was asked to risk a tangible value, to prove her faith in that assertion and she summarily fled from the challenge.

The fact is DEMOCRATS ARE WORKING RIGHT NOW TO CUT THE DEDUCTIONS FROM COSTS, THE VERY DEDECTIONS WHICH DETERMINE WHAT A BUSINESSES "NET" IS... and this idiot wants to deny that. Net is not a simple calculation wherein costs are subtracted from receipts, BECAUSE THE DEMOCRATS HAVE MADE THOUSANDS OF COSTS ILLEGAL TO DEDUCT... and THIS IS THE POINT OF THE OP... The DEMOCRATS WANT TO LIMIT, TO THE MEANS THAT THEY ARE ABLE, THE MEANS OF THE BUSINESS TO DEDUCT COSTS FROM GROSS RECEIPTS. DEMOCRATS HAVE STATED THOUSANDS OF TIMES, IN THOUSANDS OF WAYS, THAT DEDUCTIONS ARE LITTLE MORE THAN A BUSINESSES ATTEMPT TO AVOID PAYING TAXES.

Ravi wants to play the 'Centrist' as most Leftists do these days... "We understand the difference between Gross and net and only want to tax the business on the Net..." Then they inform you what you are NOT ALLOWED TO DEDUCT FROM YOUR GROSS, to establish your taxable NET... Substantially increasing YOUR TAX LIABILITY, substantially increasing your COST and substantially LOWERING YOUR AFTER TAX: NET INCOME

It's not complicated kids... all ya have to do is to reject the false premises which are always intrinsic in the position of every leftist; proving that premise false and delivering yet another humiliating defeat to yet another leftist position. And that is what we've done here...

Last edited:
What a coward you are, Pubic.

After claiming that hundreds of leftists in hundreds of posts have stated that business should not be allowed to deduct business expense you now cry that to find even one of these countless posts is harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

Ditto with coming up with one quote by Obama stating the same.

You may well be the most cowardly liar I've ever run across.

Thank you,

Bottom line; Most small business owners get nervous when liberals (dems or reps) are incharge. Not just on the federal level - local and state too.

Step away from this thread? No thanks. It matters not what is written about me. I care about how many view it.

My message is still this, say no to Charity and then tell them why you can't afford to give anymore.

Bravo to you and your message. Next time don't start your OP with a blatant lie and you'll prolly find this a friendlier place.

Again, what blatant lie? My huspands business' gross revenue exceeds $250,000.00. You have proved nothing.
Friendly: what made you think I am here looking for friends. You're the lonely blogger, not me.
I am just passing through.

What utter nonsense.

What a bold faced liar you are.

Your husband's business generates $250,000 and you claim he makes about $600 a month from it?

First of all, Honey, nobody here is buying that blather...nobody.

Secondly, you apparently don't understand the difference between gross and net profits so you clearly cannot know what taxes are going to do to that income stream.

Finally you clearly don't understand doodle squat about taxes, either those already in place or those proposed.

You are an idiot.

Worse, you're a lying idiot. One who too stupid to know how transparent your lies are to people.

I've known eight year olds capable of dissembling better than you are right now with this tall tale.

Last edited:
I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold,

this is the part everyone is objecting to that you said...

The reason they object, is because your husband does not have a small business that meets the $250k tax hike threshold. Your husband, or the tow of you combine, would have to make $250k in TAXABLE INCOME...

I think you confused the taxable income threshold with just revenues generated by the business of your husband, because the next line you stated that he made less than what a family of 4 on welfare made....

so, basically, the uproar was because you began your thread, with something in it that was simply NOT TRUE....

I give the benefit of the doubt that you do not understand how income taxes work...many don't, so you are not alone! :)

And welcome to the site!

Care

But, what's amusing about what you just stated is that all of you on the 'left' jumped on that one little item and you haven't let go of it even though that wasn't even really the point of her post to begin with. I've seen very little discussion of the actual point that she was making about donating to charity, all you guys are all concerned about was that one statement, which was pretty much irrelevent to the point she was making. Why is that? You don't care to discuss the actual point?

well, Obama is trying to drop some things from being deductable
maybe that is whats bothering her
if he does that, then maybe her husbands business could be effected

Thank you,

Bottom line; Most small business owners get nervous when liberals (dems or reps) are incharge. Not just on the federal level - local and state too.

Step away from this thread? No thanks. It matters not what is written about me. I care about how many view it.

My message is still this, say no to Charity and then tell them why you can't afford to give anymore.
how about you tell a mother that is benefited by say the march of dimes because you are trying to prove a point that you don't like Obama instead of telling the sale's clerk.

I can understand why my brother who's small business gross's over a million dollars would be worried but not your husband! Like you said you are middle class, Obama's tax plan will not affect you.

His tax plan will absolutely effect every person in this country, and that's what people like you apparently don't understand. Who do you think, bottom line, is paying for these tax increases on business/incomes over $250,000 (if that's even the threshold anymore, it kept changing during the campaign depending on who was talking and where)? Those additional tax costs will be incorporated into the tangible product or service that the business offers to the general public or the consumers of their product. That means the public pays for those tax increases thru higher prices on good and services. So, it might feel good for you to think that it doesn't effect you, but that's not how it works. So, keep screaming to tax the 'rich' more and see where it gets you. While we're all busy fighting eachother (D vs R) they're all still making their money and the government keeps expanding and taking more control of your life.

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold,

The reason they object, is because your husband does not have a small business that meets the $250k tax hike threshold. Your husband, or the tow of you combine, would have to make $250k in TAXABLE INCOME...

I think you confused the taxable income threshold with just revenues generated by the business of your husband, because the next line you stated that he made less than what a family of 4 on welfare made....

so, basically, the uproar was because you began your thread, with something in it that was simply NOT TRUE....

I give the benefit of the doubt that you do not understand how income taxes work...many don't, so you are not alone! :)

And welcome to the site!

Care

But, what's amusing about what you just stated is that all of you on the 'left' jumped on that one little item and you haven't let go of it even though that wasn't even really the point of her post to begin with. I've seen very little discussion of the actual point that she was making about donating to charity, all you guys are all concerned about was that one statement, which was pretty much irrelevent to the point she was making. Why is that? You don't care to discuss the actual point?

Another idiot chimes in in her defence.

Are you also so stupid that you don't realize that that "one little point" negates her premise?

Apparently you are.

And welcome to the site!

Care

Another idiot chimes in in her defence.

Are you also so stupid that you don't realize that that "one little point" negates her premise?

Apparently you are.

How does it negate her premise about donating to charity since Obama is going to ensure the government will take care of every need from cradle to grave and would have every citizen solely dependant upon the government for their every need? No charities will be needed any longer. Either that, or exaggeration is acceptable from your political point of view, but not from any other, and that wouldn't be surprising either.

I am a statistic.

And welcome to the site!

Care

only because she began her thread with this comment, when writing, the first line of your first paragraph should show your most important point....

and because it WAS NOT TRUE....we are left with, she began her thread LYING to us with typical right wing jargon, or she misunderstood and wrote this down out of ignorance?

I tried several times in a very polite and gentle manner, giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just really did not understand how income tax rates are calculated.

I explained it on several posts how she was wrong and SHE CONTINUED to ignore it....everyone explained to her she was wrong, and she continued to ignore it...looked like someone with an agenda to pass on lies to me...I could be wrong, but this is what it appeared like...imo.

I also answered her in a separate thread, why her idea of not giving to private charities as some protest as she explained was utterly ridiculous because it would do the complete opposite, and make government bigger.

Care

She made an honest mistake, and that's all that has been focused on the entire thread because that's all you people care about, humiliating someone that doesn't agree with your political idealology whenever you get the chance. So you can make the excuse about it being her first sentence and so on, but that was not the main point she was trying to make, just read the title of the thread and that should be obvious. I think you and all the others that jumped all over her are completely aware of this, as I said you just saw a chance to capitalize on her honest mistake and went to ridiculous extremes as a result to disrespect her as much as possible.

No offense, Newby, but you are just as ignorant. There is no plan to raise taxes on business no matter how many times you claim there is...and the tax "increase" is Obama's allowing what the Republicans wished when they voted for Bush's plan...a time limit on lower tax rates. I guess your leaders fooled you somehow, even though what will happen is exactly what they voted to happen.

So, Obama's many comments during the campaign and debates about a $250,000 taxable income threshold was in regards to what then? You think it makes a difference as to whether or not he's going to let a tax cut lapse versus installing a new tax himself?

Gee, I wonder how long this thread would have dragged on if I would have just said this?:eusa_eh:

Your plan to deny donations to charitable causes will only serve to make our government even bigger.

Is that why lefties donate less? So that the government will grow larger? Good to know.

So, Obama's many comments during the campaign and debates about a $250,000 taxable income threshold was in regards to what then? You think it makes a difference as to whether or not he's going to let a tax cut lapse versus installing a new tax himself?

She began her thread, telling us her husband was at the thresh hold of $250k where her taxes will go up, she and her husband will be one of those statistics that Obama will hurt....

WHICH WAS NOT TRUE....because she then said, he brings home net what a family of 4 on welfare brought home???? so she began this thread with something that was intellectually dishonest...at best UNTRUE.

She and her husband WILL NOT be a statistic and WILL NOT be taxed more, she and her husband, WILL BE TAXED LESS under Obama's plan.

so, either she accepts this orrrrrrrrr she is nothing but a political pawn, passing on lies, for her political masters or still just too ignorant on how our income tax structure works...which is very possible, because I have found many people on this very board are clueless on how income tax brackets and rates work.

How can anyone continue a conversation with her on any topic without this hanging over her head, until she comprehends what she said and how it was wrong in premise and in the numbers?

Okay, enough said on that.....and now to your questions.

The $250k taxable income threshold for a couple...is a "taxable" threshold.

What this means is, if this is a small business owner....

then all of the payroll, cost of goods, insurance for employees, rent, other overhead costs, gas to travel to accounts, your car to travel to accounts, if in your home...the portion of your home used for the business can all be written off, deducted from the businesses sales/revenues BEFORE any taxes are due on the left over money, the gross profit.

Even if the small business owner wants to invest additional money in to the business, through hiring another person, this can be deducted from the businesses sales before ANY income tax is due.

so, in most cases, the small business itself might actually make a million in sales, but after they pay all of their bills and invest back in to the company, is the net sales revenues that they will be required to pay taxes on....probably close to the $250k net taxable income.

This is the income these business owners decide to TAKE from the business and use themselves for their own personal income use.

95% of small business owners do NOT EVER reach the $250k net taxable income level to where their taxes will go up, so with all of these small business owners, the 95% of them, will see their income taxes GO DOWN....right now.

Those couples making more than the $250k net taxable income, more than $20,833 NET INCOME A MONTH, will see their taxes go up....slightly. This does not happen until the taxable year of 2011 I believe.

The tax hike on them will not be now but a couple of years from now, if their temporary tax break is not extended.

I have posted this many times, but i personally think this threshold should be higher than the $250k....maybe starting at a million in personal net taxable income because i believe many of these people making this kind of money live in east coast and west coast cities where the cost of living is very, very high.

Outside of that, i do not have a problem with letting the tax cuts expire for this upper echelon...we have been using the money of those that pay SS up to the 100k for more than a decade to fund what income taxes should have paid for....and these upper echelon people do not pay any SS over the 100k threshold....it is fine with me now that they might have to start paying back their portion of what they used of the SS Surplus monies of OURS....

Taxes will have to go up on ALL OF US, eventually....it is inevitable, no matter how much pork or how many depts of the government wiped out....imo.

Care

I'm not really sure where the $250,000 point came from...unless it was that Joe the Plumber conversation with Obama. Basically what will happen is in 2011 the tax brackets will revert to what they were before Bush changed them...which was the plan all along.

Your plan to deny donations to charitable causes will only serve to make our government even bigger.

Is that why lefties donate less? So that the government will grow larger? Good to know.

in general, i think lefties believe the government is fine with helping the needy and the conservatives believe the private sector or the religious sector is better at it.

nothing more, nothing less.

care

Well, after wading through all this bullshit and name calling I'm not giving to charity either. You DUmmies can do it. You are such know it all's take care of it willyahuh?

I heard on cspan the other day that the poor and the very wealthiest, give the most to charities, and the middle class needed great improvement in this regard.

The poor gave the most, not due to tax write off, but because they saw more poor people within their own communities and could relate more to the needs of the needy.

The very wealthiest did it, because they did feel blessed and studies showed that they donated regardless of the tax cuts given for them, but if given the tax cut for charity, they tended to give MORE....

Forum List

Back