No thank you, Obama will help them.

That's not cheating. Cheating is saying you only made x amount of money when you really made z amount.

Which is exactly what you're doing. You're claiming that you made X amount less deductions, when you are not entitled to said deductions.

You're incorrect and I would advise you read up on this.

I'm a fucking accountant. You can't take deductions for "all meals" or "a car just because it's in the business name." They have to serve a business purpose. It's in the tax code, and if you were to get audited, you'd be fucked.

And yes, Texas has a new franchise tax for businesses. Individuals still pay no income taxes, but businesses certainly do.

Furthermore, even though the higher tax rates apply to businesses who net over $250,000, there are other implications in Obama's plan. For instances, because of changes to allowable deductions, it will be harder for some businesses that gross over $250,000 to net themselves below $250,000.

Biz Gross-----------------------------------------------$250,000
Job Materials-------------------------------------------$100,000
Employee's wages (officers excluded)---------------$100,000
Vehicles, Utilities, Gas, Accounting, etc----------------$20,000
Net profit-------------------------------------- -----------$30,000
Charities who think Business are an easy touch------Price$le$$

Investing in the company=making the rent and keeping employees off of unemployment.

Does anyone here not agree that charity should come from the community and not the government?

That was the purpose of my thread. I get an "F" in communications.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Don't expect any consideration from the liberals on this board. Not only can they not identify with a small business owner who has a considerable nut to crack, but they do not get the point that you are making about charity.

When the government 'gives' charity, it manages to squander the major part of it on bureaucrats. When a private citizen gives charity, you can choose an organization which gives the greatest part to recipients. Organizations like "Charity Navigator" help.

Conservatives believe in voluntary community and charity, based on duties to each other, as opposed to involuntary collectivism. This explains why conservative give more charity than liberals.

The average American gives about 2%:
Looking at the ten-year total of Biden’s giving, one percent would have been $24,500. One half of one percent would have been $12,250. One quarter of one percent would have been $6,125. And one eighth of one percent would have been $3,062 — just below what Biden actually contributed.
Or:
Up until recent years when their income increased sharply from book revenues and a Senate salary, Obama's family donated a relatively minor amount of its earnings to charity. From 2000 through 2004, the senator and his wife never gave more than $3,500 a year in charitable donations -- about 1 percent of their annual earnings.(Sam Stein Huffington Post)

Forgive the meanness that you are seeing on this board.

Last edited:
I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

If you have to tell a story that makes you not sound like a blowhard Republican at first, it's probably not true.

And I agree with what Article said.

The story doesn't make her sound like a blowhard Republican. Your response though DOES make you sound like a blowhard lefty.

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

Your husband has a small business that has an INCOME of over $250,000 a year or a NET PROFIT of over $250,000 a year? If it's the latter, tell your husband to fire his accountant. It's either A or your husband has absolutely no idea how to spend money on his business. Every single meal is a tax deduction. Every single transportation expense is a deduction. Tell your husband to lease a car in your businesses name and you can deduct your monthly payments. On and on and on.

Yeah, that's it. Why not attack her personally instead of addressing her point?

I am a statistic.

If you have to tell a story that makes you not sound like a blowhard Republican at first, it's probably not true.

And I agree with what Article said.

The story doesn't make her sound like a blowhard Republican. Your response though DOES make you sound like a blowhard lefty.

Well that would be logical, RS is...

I will try again.

I used Obama in my title, because he leads the government. Whether you are a dem or a republican, makes no difference to me.
Does anyone think that the government can do better things with our money than we can ourselves?

That sort of depends on what things you're talking about. Be specific.

And also explain why you said you were a statistic and muttered something about 250k?

you said:

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak.

What is the 250,000 "talking point threshhold" that your business is in? we've already established its not a business making more than 250k profit - which is what Obama was talking about when he mentioned who he would raise taxes on - so what "threshold" are you talking about exactly?

Last edited:
I have nothing more to give. The government takes too much already.

I think the name calling is hilarious. Do you think that calling me a fraud is going to hurt my feelings?

And no, I will no longer give anymore. And I hope that others will do the same.

Everything the government touches turns to dung.

We're not trying to hurt your feelings. We just don't get the math. What is the "$250,000 talking point threshold" you are referring to?

Biz Gross-----------------------------------------------$250,000
Job Materials-------------------------------------------$100,000
Employee's wages (officers excluded)---------------$100,000
Vehicles, Utilities, Gas, Accounting, etc----------------$20,000
Net profit-------------------------------------- -----------$30,000
Charities who think Business are an easy touch------Price$le$$

OBAMA IS NOT RAISING TAXES ON BUSINESSES THAT GROSS OVER 250K, its BUSINESSES that

PROFIT

over 250k

Sorry David,
The answer: No does not profit $250,000. But the new business tax laws in Texas don't acknowledge losses. As a matter of fact, the new business tax law is so cumbersome, even tax attorneys can't figure it out yet.

I'm a bit confused. You don't need to worry about Texas tax laws because there are no income taxes in Texas. The business just has to file federal income taxes....

Texas has a new business tax. Local, county, state and federal government. They all have their hands where they shouldn't be.

Yeah, but we still don't understand why you are a "statistic" and what this "250k talking point threshold is" ?

I mean, if you guys make as much as a family of 4 on welfare makes, you do understand you'll be getting a sizable tax CUT this year, right? Or has Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity seriously got you this brainwashed?

I mean, I don't get it? What's your beef? You're seriously concerned about the people that live in a much better neighborhood than you who make a ton more money hurting? Because if your financial situation is as you describe, you will be getting a tax cut, a pretty big one.

Last edited:
I have nothing more to give. The government takes too much already.

I think the name calling is hilarious. Do you think that calling me a fraud is going to hurt my feelings?

And no, I will no longer give anymore. And I hope that others will do the same.

Everything the government touches turns to dung.

Look at all the vitriol spewing forth. It looks like you hit a leftist nerve with your post. I'm also someone that is refusing to give to certain charities for the next 4 years. My explanation to the last person who tried to hit me up for a donation was a little simpler than yours though. I just told them ( And yes Spidey, I DID tell them, " I will only donate to charities that benefit animals for the next 4 years because animals don't vote for Democrats."

Which is exactly what you're doing. You're claiming that you made X amount less deductions, when you are not entitled to said deductions.

You're incorrect and I would advise you read up on this.

I'm a fucking accountant. You can't take deductions for "all meals" or "a car just because it's in the business name." They have to serve a business purpose. It's in the tax code, and if you were to get audited, you'd be fucked.

And yes, Texas has a new franchise tax for businesses. Individuals still pay no income taxes, but businesses certainly do.

Furthermore, even though the higher tax rates apply to businesses who net over $250,000, there are other implications in Obama's plan. For instances, because of changes to allowable deductions, it will be harder for some businesses that gross over $250,000 to net themselves below $250,000.
ah, is that what they are talking about?

I am a statistic.

and I bet the store clerk loved you! Instead of just saying no thank you, you had to make their day worse. Imagine how many other people that day said something off the wall to them. I worked at Kmart for 4 plus years when I was younger and if someone said that shit to me I would have wanted to smack them.
Really people most of the shit you guys get mad at the sales clerk for, they have no control over and you should give them a break because they have to deal with assholes all day.
I quit Kmart when I had to smoke a bowl on my break and before work just to get through my shift without wanting to kill someone.

I am a statistic.

and I bet the store clerk loved you! Instead of just saying no thank you, you had to make their day worse. Imagine how many other people that day said something off the wall to them. I worked at Kmart for 4 plus years when I was younger and if someone said that shit to me I would have wanted to smack them.
Really people most of the shit you guys get mad at the sales clerk for, they have no control over and you should give them a break because they have to deal with assholes all day.
I quit Kmart when I had to smoke a bowl on my break and before work just to get through my shift without wanting to kill someone.

I feel your pain. I worked at K Mart one summer when I was like 16. It sucked, people are jerks.

As a kid though, I thought it was cool that they paid us in cash though

i still dont get why you wont donate to community charities..that is all i donate to...local food banks...local humane shelters...lots of need out there..if my hubby cleared 250 k with his business....i would be most happy..i have supported a family of 3 ...on much less than that under several administrations...has nothing to do with the left or the right....i think you are full of shit personally....if your hubby is grossing 250 k a year...you are clearing much more than a family of 4 on welfare or else you are just poor managers. i love the poor mouthing...tell us what kinda car you drive?

Forum List

Back