No thank you, Obama will help them.

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

Care to elaborate on that?

I'd assume what's left after expenses, employee salaries, benefits, and investing in the company.

If he is at 250K AFTER all those, he needs to give himself a raise, hire his wife and pay her a salary (regardless if she works there or not) and, I'm sure there is more he can do to eat up some of this profit.

What business is he in?

Sorry David,
The answer: No does not profit $250,000. But the new business tax laws in Texas don't acknowledge losses. As a matter of fact, the new business tax law is so cumbersome, even tax attorneys can't figure it out yet.

I'm a bit confused. You don't need to worry about Texas tax laws because there are no income taxes in Texas. The business just has to file federal income taxes....

I'm beginning to think the, "my husband owns a small business, blah, blah, blah," portion of the OP was load of BS.

Elaborate. The government can turn a dollar into a dime. I can give some one one dollar and it is still one dollar.

I think what people are confused about is how your husband can clear 250k profit from his business and you are living off of what a family of 4 would get on welfare.

How much does a family of 4 get from welfare?

Investing in the company=making the rent and keeping employees off of unemployment.

Does anyone here not agree that charity should come from the community and not the government?

That was the purpose of my thread. I get an "F" in communications.

I'm beginning to think the, "my husband owns a small business, blah, blah, blah," portion of the OP was load of BS.

Which I thought and posted about when I first read this.

Especially for a first post at that.

Sorry David,
The answer: No does not profit $250,000.

Then he's not one of the businesses that Obama was talking raising taxes on, so I don't see what you're complaining about.

But the new business tax laws in Texas don't acknowledge losses.

I don't really see what this has to do with federal taxation or Obama, you are aware Obama doesn't get to write texas law, and that your husband's business will be taxed according to the profit it makes according to federal law, not texas law, right?

Investing in the company=making the rent and keeping employees off of unemployment.

Does anyone here not agree that charity should come from the community and not the government?

That was the purpose of my thread. I get an "F" in communications.

We can fix the "F."

Is the 250K AFTER all expenses? Salaries, rent, etc? In other words, when he does his taxes, does he show 250K profit at the end of the year?

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

Care to elaborate on that?

I'd assume what's left after expenses, employee salaries, benefits, and investing in the company.

Uhhh - yeah, here's a little point of clarity I guess some folks didn't get in the campaign.

When Obama was talking about raising taxes on businesses that make over 250k a year - he was talking about the PROFIT they make, not the GROSS INCOME.

Why does it have to only come from one or the other, and why did you bring up the figure of 250k when that's not actually what your husband's business clears? I mean, you do understand you might actually be paying less taxes under Obama, right?

I will try again.

I used Obama in my title, because he leads the government. Whether you are a dem or a republican, makes no difference to me.
Does anyone think that the government can do better things with our money than we can ourselves?

I am a statistic.

This so called real life story sounds like bullshit to me,

Here's why...we are to believe that somebody is running a small business which grosses $250,000 a year, but the owner of sidd business makes less than:

The FIA became the basis of Rhode Island’s new welfare program and was approved by ... Family of two = $449; Family of three = $554; Family of four = $632 ...

Okay, I'm somewhat dubious.

No, strike that -- I think this post, and hence this poster is a complete fraud.

Last edited:
I have nothing more to give. The government takes too much already.

I think the name calling is hilarious. Do you think that calling me a fraud is going to hurt my feelings?

And no, I will no longer give anymore. And I hope that others will do the same.

Everything the government touches turns to dung.

I think the name calling is hilarious. Do you think that calling me a fraud is going to hurt my feelings?

You aren't helping your cause by refusing to answer questions.

I will try again.

I used Obama in my title, because he leads the government. Whether you are a dem or a republican, makes no difference to me.
Does anyone think that the government can do better things with our money than we can ourselves?

huh? :confused:

wtf does this have to do with your husband and his business?

Wow. Finally someone on the right who's as stupid as Chris and Sealy. Please, post more often! Let's see how smart you Repubs TRULY are.

Sorry David,
The answer: No does not profit $250,000. But the new business tax laws in Texas don't acknowledge losses. As a matter of fact, the new business tax law is so cumbersome, even tax attorneys can't figure it out yet.

I'm a bit confused. You don't need to worry about Texas tax laws because there are no income taxes in Texas. The business just has to file federal income taxes....

Texas has a new business tax. Local, county, state and federal government. They all have their hands where they shouldn't be.

No, of course not.

O think the kind of liar that tries to tell us a whopper you're trying to tell us is incapable of having their feelings hurt, to be honest.

Forum List

Back