No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the sea remains calm, according to the Alarmists, the Arctic Ice has melted, Greenland's Ice is disappearing, yet the sea is calm.

Los Angeles has not disappeared and we have record ice lost? Rhode Island's shores remain the same, Providence is not threatened but we are to believe that an alarming amount of ice has melted and is a threat?

Yeah, if it hasn't happened now, it never will, right?
When then? Wasn't the earth supposed to end in 2012? Are you going to predict? Hahahaha

When? I don't know.

You demand people make predictions just so you can then point out their predictions are not exact?

If the ice melts in the Antarctic then the sea levels will rise. Unless of course the Antarctic is made up of sugar and not ice.
well if you don't know, then you don't know. So it may never happen right? Why are you panicking the public if you don't know?

So your argument is, either you can predict the future with 100% certainty, or you just ignore it completely and utterly?

And the sea remains calm, according to the Alarmists, the Arctic Ice has melted, Greenland's Ice is disappearing, yet the sea is calm.

Los Angeles has not disappeared and we have record ice lost? Rhode Island's shores remain the same, Providence is not threatened but we are to believe that an alarming amount of ice has melted and is a threat?

When then? Wasn't the earth supposed to end in 2012? Are you going to predict? Hahahaha

When? I don't know.

You demand people make predictions just so you can then point out their predictions are not exact?

If the ice melts in the Antarctic then the sea levels will rise. Unless of course the Antarctic is made up of sugar and not ice.
well if you don't know, then you don't know. So it may never happen right? Why are you panicking the public if you don't know?

So your argument is, either you can predict the future with 100% certainty, or you just ignore it completely and utterly?
no, I never said that, I want accuracy, and to date, you have no accurate way to make such a statement. None, what evidence do you have that Armageddon will happen? See, we have historical records and they show that ice has been there for a very long time. And there is nothing that shows how and when it will stop being ice. Unless you are a gawd I supposed. Are you a gawd? I know there is a possibility that anything can happen. I must have accuracy to determine a next step. What is your next step? I don't have one, cause I don't know what is actually the concern.

In Greenland, the ice of top of the land mass is starting to melt due to warmer weather. When that happens, more of the island land is exposed to the sun. Land, being dark, absorbs more heat than ice, which is white and reflects heat back to space. The land, being warmer, starts to accelerate the ice loss from below, that was beginning at the top due to warmer weather. The exact same process happens at the ends of ice ages.

In Greenland, the ice of top of the land mass is starting to melt due to warmer weather. When that happens, more of the island land is exposed to the sun. Land, being dark, absorbs more heat than ice, which is white and reflects heat back to space. The land, being warmer, starts to accelerate the ice loss from below, that was beginning at the top due to warmer weather. The exact same process happens at the ends of ice ages.
and you have evidence to that? I mean outside normal warming patterns on the edges of the continent? Are you saying land ice in Greenland has never melted when it is summer there? Come now, I find that ridiculous since calving has been happening for a very long time.

and you have evidence to that? I mean outside normal warming patterns on the edges of the continent? Are you saying land ice in Greenland has never melted when it is summer there? Come now, I find that ridiculous since calving has been happening for a very long time.

This has nothing to do with calving of icebergs. And, yes. I have evidence:

NASA - Satellites See Unprecedented Greenland Ice Sheet Surface Melt

Anyone who understands that Greenland manufactures a new ice core every year quickly realizes the "its melting" crowd is 100% full of something yet again...

Tell us how Greenland is both "melting" and manufacturing a new annual ice core.

I HAVE to hear this one...

dude that's 2012. huh?

dude that's 2012. huh?

Don't know. Haven't had time to read it all, because my shift starts in about half an hour at the Sheriff Auxiliary. This did catch my eye, though:

"Even the area around Summit Station in central Greenland, which at 2 miles above sea level is near the highest point of the ice sheet, showed signs of melting. Such pronounced melting at Summit and across the ice sheet has not occurred since 1889, according to ice cores analyzed by Kaitlin Keegan at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H. A National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather station at Summit confirmed air temperatures hovered above or within a degree of freezing for several hours July 11-12."

dude that's 2012. huh?

Don't know. Haven't had time to read it all, because my shift starts in about half an hour at the Sheriff Auxiliary. This did catch my eye, though:

"Even the area around Summit Station in central Greenland, which at 2 miles above sea level is near the highest point of the ice sheet, showed signs of melting. Such pronounced melting at Summit and across the ice sheet has not occurred since 1889, according to ice cores analyzed by Kaitlin Keegan at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H. A National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather station at Summit confirmed air temperatures hovered above or within a degree of freezing for several hours July 11-12."
so it did it when CO2 was not as much as today and today is much more than then and it is the same. So, what is it that you think is driving any melt besides saying warm. What is causing more warm then? You can't say CO2, cause 1889 calls that a liar.

Tell us how Greenland is both "melting" and manufacturing a new annual ice core.

I HAVE to hear this one...

So you're that ignorant of the basic science again. And nobody is surprised.

Previously, little to no melt in the interior. Snow piles up, compacts to ice, then flows out to the sea in glaciers. Mass is roughly balanced, (ice out) equaling (snow in).

Now, melt in the interior. Not enough to melt all of that year's snow, so it still adds to the ice core. It is enough to change the mass balance significantly, so that (ice out + melt) > (snow in), meaning a net loss of ice mass.

Fourth graders can grasp this stuff. You can't. You need to stop annoying the grownups until you up your game.

"Now, melt in the interior. Not enough to melt all of that year's snow, so it still adds to the ice core"

Hopefully nobody is still confused why I use the phrase "THE IDIOCY OF THE FRAUD."

In other words, it is ADDING ICE LAYERS EVERY YEAR the "warmers" claim it is "melting."

The only "melting" here is the credibility of the "warmers."

"Now, melt in the interior. Not enough to melt all of that year's snow, so it still adds to the ice core"

Hopefully nobody is still confused why I use the phrase "THE IDIOCY OF THE FRAUD."

In other words, it is ADDING ICE LAYERS EVERY YEAR the "warmers" claim it is "melting."

The only "melting" here is the credibility of the "warmers."

Well, I guess you win. I certainly am in no position to challenge someone with the knowledge that exceeds the entire scietific credentials, technology, instrumentation, statistics, and satellite information of NASA!

dude that's 2012. huh?

so it did it when CO2 was not as much as today and today is much more than then and it is the same. So, what is it that you think is driving any melt besides saying warm. What is causing more warm then? You can't say CO2, cause 1889 calls that a liar.

In 1889, Al Gore's grandfather planted fake ice samples in Greenland in order to try to prove that train steam engines were causing global warming, so that he could get rich selling boats to people who lived near the ocean.

When? I don't know.

no, I never said that, I want accuracy, and to date, you have no accurate way to make such a statement. None, what evidence do you have that Armageddon will happen? See, we have historical records and they show that ice has been there for a very long time. And there is nothing that shows how and when it will stop being ice. Unless you are a gawd I supposed. Are you a gawd? I know there is a possibility that anything can happen. I must have accuracy to determine a next step. What is your next step? I don't have one, cause I don't know what is actually the concern.

What can be more accurate than saying that if you put more water into the sea, then sea levels will rise?

jc, you have an annoying habit of asking for evidence for things that fifth graders know to be factual.

Well, it doesn't matter what is dropped into water, it will raise the level of the water. You drop a piano in there, it will rise, right?

So, sea levels probably will rise as the level of ice increases. Just because LA isn't 30 feet under doesn't mean it's not happening.
Just cause you think it should doesn't make it so either.

Damn! I guess that Mr. Wilson was wrong about that! Yet, when I performed an experiment, by dropping ice cubes from the freezer into a glass of half filled with water, the melted water level did rise by exactly the same amount as the same number of melted cubes in an empty glass! The only explanation I can think of is that Al Gore had something to do with this optical illusion....
You didn't say when that happens. BTW, adding ice cubes will always increase the volume in a glass of liquid. But that takes someone putting them in. Now, when does the ice get added?
At the terminus of glaciers that begin above sea level. Pretty damned obvious to anyone with above a room temperature IQ
so when is it you think that glacier ice will make its way to the sea off of the land? Calving happens every year from Greenland. so what changes?

Fig. 3.4. Cumulative change in the total mass (in Gigatonnes, Gt) of the Greenland Ice Sheet between April 2002 and April 2015 estimated from GRACE measurements. Each symbol is an individual month and the orange asterisks denote April values for reference.

Arctic Report Card - Greenland Ice Sheet - Tedesco, et al.

What changes is that Greenland has lost several thousands of Giga-tonnes of ice.

dude that's 2012. huh?

Care to say that again, maybe in English? Or maybe after you sober up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back