No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
sl_ns_global.png

Let's see what we can do with some cherry-picking. From that dip in early 2011 (42mm) to the terminus of this data set in mid 2016 (80mm), I get 38mm/5.25 yr or 7.24 mm/yr. At that rate, with no further acceleration, sea level rise by 2100 will be 84 yr * 7.24mm/yr or 608.16 mm or two feet above the 1997 level.

And we could make it worse. I could have cherry-picked from 2011 to 2013 and gotten, what 21mm/2yr or 10.5 mm/yr. That would put 2100 at almost 35 inches above 1997.

sl_ns_global.png

Let's see what we can do with some cherry-picking. From that dip in early 2011 (42mm) to the terminus of this data set in mid 2016 (80mm), I get 38mm/5.25 yr or 7.24 mm/yr. At that rate, with no further acceleration, sea level rise by 2100 will be 84 yr * 7.24mm/yr or 608.16 mm or two feet above the 1997 level.

And we could make it worse. I could have cherry-picked from 2011 to 2013 and gotten, what 21mm/2yr or 10.5 mm/yr. That would put 2100 at almost 35 inches above 1997.
You could, but then you'd have to say where that actually happened. Oops

Indeed, during the fudging of Crick's chart, this happened...

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

90% of Earth's ice on Antarctica added at least 80 billion tons of ice every year since the satellites went up in the 1970s to measure it...

NO WONDER the Tippys have to LIE and show us tectonically sinking islands to document a fictitious "sea level rise," because there ain't no sea level rise with 90% of Earth ice growing....

sl_ns_global.png

Globally, jc, G-L-O-B-A-L-L-Y.

sl_ns_global.png

G-L-O-B-A-L-L-Y jc.
Put up a story, not some smudge graphics, of coarse you can't.

A story?

Once upon a time, little jc was in school. He had a science class and it frightened him very much. Everything he knew about science (which wasn't very much) involved explosions and acids and nuclear radiation and horrible stuff that he did not understand.

The end.

Once upon a time, the "sea level was rising," except it wasn't rising, because the ice wasn't melting, and the atmosphere wasn't warming, so the liars behind the FRAUD chose three island chains on the lip of the Pacific Ring of Fire, and nobody noticed that their "sinking" was caused by the fact that the tectonic plate they are anchored to is sinking, and hence blamed it on "rising sea levels..."

A story?

Once upon a time, little jc was in school. He had a science class and it frightened him very much. Everything he knew about science (which wasn't very much) involved explosions and acids and nuclear radiation and horrible stuff that he did not understand.

The end.
And there is jc's proof. You got.....wait for it.... nothing oh my!

What sort of "story" were you looking for?
One that validates sea level increases. Especially one with pictures of past and current shore lines. which islands are complaining? Hawaii? Hmm story?

Global sea level is compiled from thousands of data records from all over the planet. Tidal gauges, satellite altimetry, isostatic data from melting ice masses, geological changes, vulcanism, plate tectonics, the works. The idea some of you have that you can tell whether or not global sea level rise is happening from an 1890 photograph of a rock on the shoreline is just ignorant nonsense.

Yeah, if it hasn't happened now, it never will, right?

Maybe I got this wrong in high school, but I am pretty sure that if water is in the form of ice, and if it is dropped into water and melts, the water level rises. At least, that is what Mr. Wilson told is in the 9th grade.

Well, it doesn't matter what is dropped into water, it will raise the level of the water. You drop a piano in there, it will rise, right?

So, sea levels probably will rise as the level of ice increases. Just because LA isn't 30 feet under doesn't mean it's not happening.
Just cause you think it should doesn't make it so either.

Damn! I guess that Mr. Wilson was wrong about that! Yet, when I performed an experiment, by dropping ice cubes from the freezer into a glass of half filled with water, the melted water level did rise by exactly the same amount as the same number of melted cubes in an empty glass! The only explanation I can think of is that Al Gore had something to do with this optical illusion....
You didn't say when that happens. BTW, adding ice cubes will always increase the volume in a glass of liquid. But that takes someone putting them in. Now, when does the ice get added?
At the terminus of glaciers that begin above sea level. Pretty damned obvious to anyone with above a room temperature IQ

The Secret of Sea Level Rise: It Will Vary Greatly By Region by Michael D. Lemonick: Yale Environment 360

And among the most powerful influences on regional sea level is a surprising force: the massive polar ice sheets and their gravitational pull, which will lessen as the ice caps melt and shrink, with profoundly different effects on sea level in various parts of the globe.

If the idea of local differences in sea level comes as a surprise, it’s probably because the experts themselves are only now beginning to fully realize what might cause such differences, and how significant they might be. One Prevailing winds can push water consistently toward the land or keep it at bay.factor, which they’ve have been aware of for decades, is that the land is actually rising in some places, including northern Canada and Scandinavia, which are still recovering from the crushing weight of the Ice Age glaciers that melted 10,000 years ago. That makes sea-level increases less than the global average would suggest, since these land areas are rising a few millimeters a year.

Around the periphery of where the glaciers sat, by contrast — places like Chesapeake Bay and the south of England — the land was actually squeezed upward during the Ice Age by the downward pressure nearby. The resulting “glacial forebulge” has been sinking back ever since, also at an average rate of a few millimeters a year, so sea level rise is greater than average in these regions.

And in some coastal areas — most notably along the Gulf of Mexico in Louisiana — the land is falling as well: Thanks to massive oil and gas extraction, the continental shelf is collapsing like a deflated balloon. “The rate of subsidence measured at Grand Isle, Louisiana,” says Rui Ponte, of the private consulting firm Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc, “is almost 10 millimeters per year, compared with two or three in other areas.” That’s especially problematic for a city like New Orleans, which already lies partly below sea level.

Only someone totally ignorant of what we have learned of plate tectonics in the last 50 years could believe that the sea level rise would be the same, compared to the adjacent land, the world over. The you add in things like the gravatational anomalies over the rift ridges and places where there are plates subducting beneath other plates, and you have differances in absolute sea level as compared to the distance of the sea level from the center of the earth.

And the sea remains calm, according to the Alarmists, the Arctic Ice has melted, Greenland's Ice is disappearing, yet the sea is calm.

Los Angeles has not disappeared and we have record ice lost? Rhode Island's shores remain the same, Providence is not threatened but we are to believe that an alarming amount of ice has melted and is a threat?

When then? Wasn't the earth supposed to end in 2012? Are you going to predict? Hahahaha

When? I don't know.

You demand people make predictions just so you can then point out their predictions are not exact?

If the ice melts in the Antarctic then the sea levels will rise. Unless of course the Antarctic is made up of sugar and not ice.

And the sea remains calm, according to the Alarmists, the Arctic Ice has melted, Greenland's Ice is disappearing, yet the sea is calm.

Los Angeles has not disappeared and we have record ice lost? Rhode Island's shores remain the same, Providence is not threatened but we are to believe that an alarming amount of ice has melted and is a threat?

Maybe I got this wrong in high school, but I am pretty sure that if water is in the form of ice, and if it is dropped into water and melts, the water level rises. At least, that is what Mr. Wilson told is in the 9th grade.

Well, it doesn't matter what is dropped into water, it will raise the level of the water. You drop a piano in there, it will rise, right?

So, sea levels probably will rise as the level of ice increases. Just because LA isn't 30 feet under doesn't mean it's not happening.

I re-read what I wrote and it should say "decreases" and not "increases".

However, physics is still at play here, if the Antarctic melts, then it will put water into the sea, which will make sea levels rise.

Perhaps other factors will come into play here. The PH levels of the sea or other things. Who knows?

Global sea level is compiled from thousands of data records from all over the planet. Tidal gauges, satellite altimetry, isostatic data from melting ice masses, geological changes, vulcanism, plate tectonics, the works. The idea some of you have that you can tell whether or not global sea level rise is happening from an 1890 photograph of a rock on the shoreline is just ignorant nonsense.

That statement is 100% false and Crick would not make that statement under oath. The "rising sea level" stuff comes from ONE "study" in the southwest Pacific,..

And then rockhead parrots a "sea level rise will vary" by whether or not the plate beneath the island is sinking...

JUST HOW STUPID DOES ONE HAVE TO BE???

A true sea level rise would affect all islands, not just those on the lip of the Pacific Ring of Fire...

Damn! I guess that Mr. Wilson was wrong about that! Yet, when I performed an experiment, by dropping ice cubes from the freezer into a glass of half filled with water, the melted water level did rise by exactly the same amount as the same number of melted cubes in an empty glass! The only explanation I can think of is that Al Gore had something to do with this optical illusion....
You didn't say when that happens. BTW, adding ice cubes will always increase the volume in a glass of liquid. But that takes someone putting them in. Now, when does the ice get added?
At the terminus of glaciers that begin above sea level. Pretty damned obvious to anyone with above a room temperature IQ
so when is it you think that glacier ice will make its way to the sea off of the land? Calving happens every year from Greenland. so what changes?

When then? Wasn't the earth supposed to end in 2012? Are you going to predict? Hahahaha

When? I don't know.

You demand people make predictions just so you can then point out their predictions are not exact?

If the ice melts in the Antarctic then the sea levels will rise. Unless of course the Antarctic is made up of sugar and not ice.
well if you don't know, then you don't know. So it may never happen right? Why are you panicking the public if you don't know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back