No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea level rises aren't what worry me the most.

If the Arctic melts sea levels will DROP. If the water on the land of the Antarctic melt, the then sea will rise.

So, the reality is, if the Antarctic and Arctic melt a little, the effects might not be noticed at first. Later on when more and more land based ice is melting, then that is when problems will occur.

The problem is the PH levels of the oceans. I read about sea lions dying off because they can't cope with the level of change of the PH in the oceans. Other sea creatures will be the same, and this is the biggest and most worrying part of polluting the atmosphere we're going to see first.
Ph levels have been lower in past, therefore these sea lions you speak about must be figments of your imagination. They went extinct a long time ago.

Sea level rises aren't what worry me the most.

If the Arctic melts sea levels will DROP. If the water on the land of the Antarctic melt, the then sea will rise.

So, the reality is, if the Antarctic and Arctic melt a little, the effects might not be noticed at first. Later on when more and more land based ice is melting, then that is when problems will occur.

The problem is the PH levels of the oceans. I read about sea lions dying off because they can't cope with the level of change of the PH in the oceans. Other sea creatures will be the same, and this is the biggest and most worrying part of polluting the atmosphere we're going to see first.
Ph levels have been lower in past, therefore these sea lions you speak about must be figments of your imagination. They went extinct a long time ago.

Lower in the past? Yeah, lower 5 million years ago, for example, before sea lions existed.

Almost any change that takes place slowly enough can be survived. CO2 levels have been far higher in the past but did NOT result in significant changes to ocean pH because those levels rose slowly enough that weathering of calcium carbonate rocks buffered the change and pH did not change rapidly. On at least one occasion in which CO2 levels and the resulting pH drops changed rapidly, the result was a massive marine extinction event.

I would like to see a link that shows sea lions to be a species vulnerable to pH changes. They are mammals who hold their breath, swim and eat fish. The only impact I can see would be a loss of food species, but by that point, the marine biota would have far more to worry about than a loss of sea lions.

Last edited:
And the sea remains calm, according to the Alarmists, the Arctic Ice has melted, Greenland's Ice is disappearing, yet the sea is calm.

Los Angeles has not disappeared and we have record ice lost? Rhode Island's shores remain the same, Providence is not threatened but we are to believe that an alarming amount of ice has melted and is a threat?

And the sea remains calm, according to the Alarmists, the Arctic Ice has melted, Greenland's Ice is disappearing, yet the sea is calm.

Los Angeles has not disappeared and we have record ice lost? Rhode Island's shores remain the same, Providence is not threatened but we are to believe that an alarming amount of ice has melted and is a threat?

It is true that we have not yet convinced members of the Flat Earth Society.

It is true that we have not yet convinced members of the Flat Earth Society.

Yes, it is very hard to educate you flat earthers about anything.

Yeah, if it hasn't happened now, it never will, right?

Maybe I got this wrong in high school, but I am pretty sure that if water is in the form of ice, and if it is dropped into water and melts, the water level rises. At least, that is what Mr. Wilson told is in the 9th grade.

Maybe I got this wrong in high school, but I am pretty sure that if water is in the form of ice, and if it is dropped into water and melts, the water level rises. At least, that is what Mr. Wilson told is in the 9th grade.

Well, it doesn't matter what is dropped into water, it will raise the level of the water. You drop a piano in there, it will rise, right?

So, sea levels probably will rise as the level of ice increases. Just because LA isn't 30 feet under doesn't mean it's not happening.

Well, it doesn't matter what is dropped into water, it will raise the level of the water. You drop a piano in there, it will rise, right?

So, sea levels probably will rise as the level of ice increases. Just because LA isn't 30 feet under doesn't mean it's not happening.

Shhhhhhhhhhh.... The party line is that all of this is an Al Gore conspiracy. Didn't you get the memo?

Shhhhhhhhhhh.... The party line is that all of this is an Al Gore conspiracy. Didn't you get the memo?

I just heard the insults.....

When then? Wasn't the earth supposed to end in 2012? Are you going to predict? Hahahaha

I just heard the insults.....
Which one, the denier one? That insult?

Just cause you think it should doesn't make it so either.

Damn! I guess that Mr. Wilson was wrong about that! Yet, when I performed an experiment, by dropping ice cubes from the freezer into a glass of half filled with water, the melted water level did rise by exactly the same amount as the same number of melted cubes in an empty glass! The only explanation I can think of is that Al Gore had something to do with this optical illusion....

Damn! I guess that Mr. Wilson was wrong about that! Yet, when I performed an experiment, by dropping ice cubes from the freezer into a glass of half filled with water, the melted water level did rise by exactly the same amount as the same number of melted cubes in an empty glass! The only explanation I can think of is that Al Gore had something to do with this optical illusion....
You didn't say when that happens. BTW, adding ice cubes will always increase the volume in a glass of liquid. But that takes someone putting them in. Now, when does the ice get added?

You didn't say when that happens. BTW, adding ice cubes will always increase the volume in a glass of liquid. But that takes someone putting them in. Now, when does the ice get added?

You have not seen Al Gore recently have you? I know for a fact that he is in Greenland with a pick ax, chopping ice off of the land and throwing it into the sea.

I have not noticed anybody mention the Isle of the Dead and the physical evidence that indicates the level of the Oceans are more or less constant.
What is nuisance flooding?

As relative sea level increases, it no longer takes a strong storm or a hurricane to cause coastal flooding. Flooding now occurs with high tides in many locations due to climate-related sea level rise, land subsidence, and the loss of natural barriers.

Nuisance flooding—which causes such public inconveniences as frequent road closures, overwhelmed storm drains and compromised infrastructure—has increased on all three U.S. coasts, between 300 and 925 percent since the 1960s.

which explains fully why the NYT and CNN are telling us that the Marshall Islands are sinking because of "sea level rise" and not the Pacific Ring of Fire...

sl_ns_global.png

Let's see what we can do with some cherry-picking. From that dip in early 2011 (42mm) to the terminus of this data set in mid 2016 (80mm), I get 38mm/5.25 yr or 7.24 mm/yr. At that rate, with no further acceleration, sea level rise by 2100 will be 84 yr * 7.24mm/yr or 608.16 mm or two feet above the 1997 level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back