No global warming since 1998

Methane is a 20 times more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. Ethanol production dramatically reduced methane emissions likely putting a lid on global warming in 1998. CO2 is a lagging greenhouse gas that follows temperature change.

methane_atmosph_concentr_1984_2004_big.gif

Trends%20in%20Atmospheric%20Methane_2.gif

Last edited:
How much C02 is emitted by planting corn-ethanol acres? By transporting ethanol by rail?

The EIA released a report announcing the lowest C02 levels in this country in 20 years.

Why? Because of Ethanol? Fuck no.

Natural gas.

How much C02 does an ethanol plant crank out?

CO2 is not the real problem. Methane emissions from livestock is the problem because it is 20 times worse than CO2. Feeding livestock Ethanol DDG feed instead of corn stops their methane emissions..

As to how much CO2 does the Poet Ethanol Plant I was involved with put out, the answer is none. We captured all the CO2 & sold it off to beer & soda companies. These companies said our CO2 was far superior than what they were getting from burning natural gas to make their CO2.

Last edited:
Ah, so you are an apologist and a minion for the Ethanol industry. That explains much.

Do you have trouble sleeping at night?

Ma'am, ethanol was is and always will be the greatest marketing scam ever perpetrated upon the American public.

"C02 is not the real problem."

I like that.

Now you see it, now you don't.

Agriculture's famous slight of hand.

Farmers are rube phonies. "Feeding the world" my ass. They are feeding the world a basket of bullshit.

Hey Natural Gas is the same as methane & may be playing a role also. If Natural Gas production is reducing the amount that escapes from the ground it is the same as stopping methane in cows. After all it is 20 times better to burn natural gas turning it into CO2 than to let it escape into the atmosphere.

Last edited:
How much C02 does an ethanol plant crank out?

CO2 is not the real problem. Methane emissions from livestock is the problem because it is 15 times worse than CO2. Feeding livestock Ethanol DDG feed instead of corn stops their methane emissions..

As to how much CO2 does the Poet Ethanol Plant I was involved with put out, the answer is none. We captured all the CO2 & sold it off to beer & soda companies. These companies said our CO2 was far superior than what they were getting from burning natural gas to make their CO2.

Gee --- I was wondering how you claimed that our ethanol production reduced methane. Now I know.. Feed cattle pre-digested corn.. Yummmm.. Simple decency says the condemned ought to get the whole cob at least on Sundays..

It's always been a crock that the AGW folks attribute MOST of man's CO2/Methane production to agriculture and cattle. What do you think the buffalo and the deer and antelope that grazed in Nebraska in 200 BC produced BEFORE farming North America?

OH - yeah ---- that was NATURAL CO2 and Methane.. Not the evil type that MAN contributes.

You phony bastards squeeze every conceivable ounce of product from your commodity, and if there's no market for it then you run crying to the government to create one.

You are handed, gratis, a 10%-15% market share... even 85% (oooh... E85) just for the purpose of burning your shit to the skies.

That whole industry is based on hucksterism, lies, bullshit, and greed.

Oh, lest we forget....

GOD MADE A FARMER

Well, I say God damn the farmer, for he sure as hell is damning this country.

Early tests on ETOH blends (I'm talking early 1980's) revealed a surprising result.

Emissions exceeded then-existing EPA limits.

So.... were farmers called to the carpet?

Fuck no. EPA re-wrote emissions standards to accommodate the crying, whining, GOD-MADE farmers.

...Says the data.. Even tho it's silly to think of the earth having ONE average temp over the year and ONE climate sensitivity number.. That's what the warmers had to do to make the issue go viral... Dumb down climate science to a single number...

Got to say.. A betting man with NO science background would be walking away from the AGW hype right about now based on that one silly number that everyone wants to yack about..

Early tests on ETOH blends (I'm talking early 1980's) revealed a surprising result.

Emissions exceeded then-existing EPA limits.

So.... were farmers called to the carpet?

Fuck no. EPA re-wrote emissions standards to accommodate the crying, whining, GOD-MADE farmers.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Am I surprised at this?? Outraged?? Should be Mr H. But my outrage is running on Empty and my hope for change is woefully low...

Want to stop govt-corporate collusion??? Stop voting Republican or Democrat....

Sorry lot of sop-sucking belly-aching bitching "farmers".

Exporting hundreds of millions of metric tons of commodities while we here in the U.S. pay record prices for groceries.

Greedy money-grabbing bastard farmers. It's not good enough yet, so we burn our food for "fuel".

Forum List

Back