No abortion for rape victims

Because you are being an idiot, or you are lying. If someone held a gun to your best friends head and told you he would blow her brains out unless you let him rape you you would let him rape you.

I would protect myself and my friend. I would rather die too than allow a man to rape me.

There was a time I believed that too, now I just figure I'll wait for my moment and kill him.

I think it is a sign of intelligence to kill a rapist instead of insisting that all rape victims deserve the death penalty.

Rick Berg, North Dakota GOP Senate Candidate: No Abortion Access For Rape Victims

He must plan on raising the unwanted fetus. I mean, surely he would not demand the power to control women's lives unless he also planned to take responsibility for his power over them.

He probably also believes in slavery - ultimate control over people's lives.

Why should the TAXPAYERS pay for abortions for ANYBODY?

If a female wants to have an abortion, PAY FOR IT YOURSELF!

So tell us, luddly, how many RAPE victims per year, in the United States, become impregnated? Show us the statistics!

Why can't you leftists get it through your thick skulls that TAXPAYERS should not be burdened with the problems of people who can't afford, and/or are unwilling to take care of their own problems?

There are charities out there. There are many groups and volunteers out there who have the means to help out people.

Keep the GOVERNMENT out of our lives, except for the most basic of services, and this country would do MUCH BETTER!

You first.

Otherwise, your post is moot, Federal funding for abortions has been prohibited since the 70s, except in cases of rape, incest, and threat to the mother’s life, which is perfectly appropriate.

If one would rather die than suffer rape they are perfectly free to do that.

The problem is assuming it's better for someone else to suffer than for you to be raped.

Maybe I'd *rather* die than be raped, but I sure as shit won't choose death if I can take rape and keep my kids alive because of it.

Maybe death is preferable for me, personally...but I won't choose it if by choosing it I doom my children.

Likewise, I'm not going to require that somebody else be punished because I find rape objectionable.

Rick Berg, North Dakota GOP Senate Candidate: No Abortion Access For Rape Victims

He must plan on raising the unwanted fetus. I mean, surely he would not demand the power to control women's lives unless he also planned to take responsibility for his power over them.

So tell us, luddly, how many RAPE victims per year, in the United States, become impregnated? Show us the statistics!

Why can't you leftists get it through your thick skulls that TAXPAYERS should not be burdened with the problems of people who can't afford, and/or are unwilling to take care of their own problems?

There are charities out there. There are many groups and volunteers out there who have the means to help out people.

Keep the GOVERNMENT out of our lives, except for the most basic of services, and this country would do MUCH BETTER!

what utter nonsense.... first of all, you don't want government out of our lives... you want government to monitor all pregnancies.

and the utter insanity of wanting that depth of government involvement in our lives... but not wanting government to do the things it needs to do and was meant to do... is just incomprehensible.

Nobody wants the government to monitor "all" pregnancies.

We just want women to know what stage their baby is before they have their uteruses scraped. After all, we have laws that dictate how far along they can be, and many women have died after having abortions that were for babies that were MUCH further along that initially supposed.

You'd think you'd be for insisting upon measures that protect women's health and make sure she gets the most up to date medical care possible...including pinpointing the development stage of her baby so the abortionist doesn't go digging around and (horror!) find out the baby isn't 8 weeks AFTER all, it's really 30 weeks. After all, isn't all this about women's health?

(Never mind, I know what it's about. It's about making it impossible to find out exactly what PP REALLY does, and the real ages of the babies they kill).

That is my opinion. I am sorry that you think being raped is a walk in the park.

Compared to dying, almost anything is a walk in the park.

Again, I would rather die than allow someone to rape me. If a man did indeed rape me, I would kill him.

Don't dispute me on this one.

You are certainly free to try to kill anyone you want. My guess is that you would end up in prison, but go ahead.

You do realize that if you kill some guy in the future, and you claim he raped you, that your comment here shows INTENT TO KILL and you won't get off on self defense?

It's super idiotic to spout off about who you would kill if given a chance.

Here you go:

The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) reports someone in the United States is sexually assaulted every two minutes, and on average there are 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault every year.

How many become pregnant? A 1996 study in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology reported that “among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.” This study said the rate of becoming pregnant after sexual assault is considerable, estimating that “the national rape-pregnancy rate is 5.0 percent per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45).”

In response to Akin’s comments, the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) released a statement on Monday: “Each year in the U.S., 10,000-15,000 abortions occur among women whose pregnancies are a result of reported rape or incest.”
Todd Akin Challenged by Doctors on Rape and Pregnancy - ABC News

Again, I would rather die than allow someone to rape me. If a man did indeed rape me, I would kill him.

You are certainly free to try to kill anyone you want. My guess is that you would end up in prison, but go ahead.

No, you aren't "free" to kill anyone you want, there are laws against that. But there are exceptions to that law and killing in self-defense is one of them. If you decide to kill someone after the fact though, then that is a different matter.

You do realize that if you kill some guy in the future, and you claim he raped you, that your comment here shows INTENT TO KILL and you won't get off on self defense?

It's super idiotic to spout off about who you would kill if given a chance.

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with stating that if a man attempted to rape you, you would fight to the death. Which I would.

Fighting to the death isn't the same as saying 'if someone raped me I would kill him'. Trust me, it's premeditation.

Just sayin.

Noomi you have to watch "I survived"...there are a lot of episodes, but many of them have to do with women who are attacked and many of those women put a serious hurt on their attackers...and at least a couple of them killed them.

I'm an "I Survived" junky. That and deadly women, lol.

That is my opinion. I am sorry that you think being raped is a walk in the park.

Following your logic. Women who would rather die than be raped don't need abortion because they'd be dead.

Fighting to the death isn't the same as saying 'if someone raped me I would kill him'. Trust me, it's premeditation.

Just sayin.

Yep, and there was a woman when I was in highschool that went to jail for killing the two guys who raped her. I would still kill a man if he raped me. I like the grandma that shot off the privates of the two guys who raped her granddaughter, then went down to the police station and turned herself in. That's about what I'd do. I might go to jail, but the world would would have one less rapist in it.

I used to think things like that...but now that I'm older with kids dependent on me everything hinges on "how will this affect the kids".

I wouldn't kill anyone at this point in my life. I would in defense of my family of course, and even as self defense if I needed to...but as far as saying "if someone rapes me I'm gonna get him" I won't go that far. I don't want the kids to go through that, wherever it goes in the end, what a nightmare. Not only would they have to deal with t he knowledge that their mom was raped (that would be fun for kids) but they also have to deal with the whole nightmare of a trial, probable arrest, all the other crap that goes with it...nuh uh. If I get raped and not killed and if I don't kill him at the time, I'm not killing anyone. I don't want to go to jail. My kids would go live with their father and anything is preferrable to that.

No, you aren't "free" to kill anyone you want, there are laws against that. But there are exceptions to that law and killing in self-defense is one of them. If you decide to kill someone after the fact though, then that is a different matter.

If laws prevented people from doing things no one would ever be murdered.

Am I not entitled to act in self defense?

You said you would kill any man who raped you. Self defense no longer applies once the attack is over.

Forum List

Back