NJ gym reopens again Tuesday, second day in a row, officers said "Have a nice day"

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
Selfish healthy people giving each other the virus and becoming immune. But at least they aren't sending COVID patients to nursing homes, like governors are, and killing people.

Monday:

Around 10:30 a.m., police approached the business and spoke with the gym owners. The officers informed them they were formally in violation of the shutdown order, adding that police were present “only for everybody's safety.” The officers then wished everyone well and told them “have a nice day” before walking away from the gym as the crowd erupted in cheers.

Gov. Murphy said Monday:

“I’m not concerned it will spiral out of control, and we will take action,” Murphy said. “If you show up at that gym again tomorrow, there’s going to be a different reality than showing up today. These aren’t just words. We’ve got to enforce this, but I also don’t want to start World War III.”

Today:

BELLMAWR, N.J. - A South Jersey gym reopened again on Tuesday after their actions Monday gained national attention as they defied a state order that shut down nonessential businesses to help stem the spread of the coronavirus.

For the second day in a row people began gathering outside Atilis gym several hours before it opened at 8 a.m.

Atilis-Gym-Owners-Second-Citation.jpg

Selfish healthy people giving each other the virus and becoming immune. But at least they aren't sending COVID patients to nursing homes, like governors are, and killing people.

Monday:

Around 10:30 a.m., police approached the business and spoke with the gym owners. The officers informed them they were formally in violation of the shutdown order, adding that police were present “only for everybody's safety.” The officers then wished everyone well and told them “have a nice day” before walking away from the gym as the crowd erupted in cheers.

Gov. Murphy said Monday:

“I’m not concerned it will spiral out of control, and we will take action,” Murphy said. “If you show up at that gym again tomorrow, there’s going to be a different reality than showing up today. These aren’t just words. We’ve got to enforce this, but I also don’t want to start World War III.”

Today:

BELLMAWR, N.J. - A South Jersey gym reopened again on Tuesday after their actions Monday gained national attention as they defied a state order that shut down nonessential businesses to help stem the spread of the coronavirus.

For the second day in a row people began gathering outside Atilis gym several hours before it opened at 8 a.m.

Atilis-Gym-Owners-Second-Citation.jpg

What we really need are thousands of likeminded patriot business owners to follow this guy's lead and reopen their businesses all at once. It's very easy for government to break the back of one lone wolf, to make an example, but next to impossible for it to put down a chain of mass resistance.

What we really need are thousands of likeminded patriot business owners to follow this guy's lead and reopen their businesses all at once. It's very easy for government to break the back of one lone wolf, to make an example, but next to impossible for it to put down a chain of mass resistance.

I agree. Just do it responsibly with masks and social distancing...and disinfecting equipment & such.

We're not children...we can make it work!

Forum List

Back