Taunted for being Black, a student fought back, civil rights complaint says. The 30-second fight derailed her life.

Tell me you condone racism without telling me you condone racism.
Except nothing I said condones racism.

You are condoning violence.

In civilized society, just because someone calls you a name... even if it is racist... doesn't give anyone justification to assault someone.

You obviously don't agree with that statement.

To clarify, I don't believe that any race is superior to any other race.

Glad we could clear this up.

No, its the call of the constitution.

Society says the same thing. No word can be offensive for some and not others. You can't function as a society like that. That violates free speech rights. No American has a right to say something that another American can't. Doesn't work that way.
It is not your call.

Except nothing I said condones racism.

You are condoning violence.

In civilized society, just because someone calls you a name... even if it is racist... doesn't give anyone justification to assault someone.

You obviously don't agree with that statement.

To clarify, I don't believe that any race is superior to any other race.

Glad we could clear this up.
I don't condone violence, but I do condone self defense of yourself.

I don't condone violence, but I do condone self defense of yourself.
There is no such thing as physical self defense to verbal attacks.

We call that assault.

No different from the road rage idiot that assaults someone for cutting them off in traffic.

Assault is illegal. A stable person is in control of their actions.

This person was punished for physically assaulting another person...and that was the appropriate outcome.

You can SAY she was driven to it.

So can the road rager.

So can a person you repeatedly undeservedly label as racist.

But they will all be wrong.

Violence is never the solution...for this very reason. Actions have consequences.

Autumn, a 17-year-old senior at Slaton High School, said she’d asked the boy four days in a row to stop saying the N-word in class. And for four consecutive days, according to Autumn and a half-dozen other students later interviewed by the school principal, the boy had disregarded her pleas.
Her parents should’ve named her Karen.

There is no such thing as physical self defense to verbal attacks.

We call that assault.

No different from the road rage idiot that assaults someone for cutting them off in traffic.

Assault is illegal. A stable person is in control of their actions.

This person was punished for physically assaulting another person...and that was the appropriate outcome.

You can SAY she was driven to it.

So can the road rager.

So can a person you repeatedly undeservedly label as racist.

But they will all be wrong.

Violence is never the solution...for this very reason. Actions have consequences.
So it sounds like you don't won't to run the risk of getting punched in your mouth if you call a black man the Nword. Am I reading that correctly?

Reports of racist bullying at Slaton High School are part of a pattern of discrimination in and around Lubbock, Texas, civil rights groups say. They’re filing complaints and calling on the federal government to investigate.

SLATON, Texas — The Black girl’s hands were shaking as she approached a white classmate in gym class.

“I told you,” Autumn Roberson-Manahan said, her voice quivering, “to stop using that word.”

Autumn, a 17-year-old senior at Slaton High School, said she’d asked the boy four days in a row to stop saying the N-word in class. And for four consecutive days, according to Autumn and a half-dozen other students later interviewed by the school principal, the boy had disregarded her pleas.

He’d said the slur while talking trash on the basketball court, Autumn recalled: “Oh! I’m ballin’ on y’all n----s.” And while cleaning up at the end of class: “These dumb n----s left the balls out again.” That day, Oct. 27, he’d said it again, smirking after having dribbled past a student and hitting a jump shot, Autumn said.

By then, Autumn, a straight-A student and one of only two dozen Black students at her small-town high school outside Lubbock, had been complaining about racial harassment involving three other classmates since the second week of school, according to interviews with Autumn and her family, messages they sent to administrators and a civil rights complaint filed Monday with the U.S. Department of Education. In September, she’d secretly recorded two boys in class calling her the N-word. When the alleged harassment continued, Autumn told administrators she was struggling to focus on her schoolwork. Her parents tried to intervene, demanding to speak with the principal and writing to the superintendent.

But the racist comments didn’t stop, according to the federal complaint.

This is in 2022, unbelievable.

Keep telling us though there is no racism in America anymore, all of that ended in the 60s.

Struth what do you think about this story?
This is what obama and racist blacks have worked hard to achieve since he entered the white house

When black and white nerves are on a razors edge the ex first black president and his wife smile

Last edited:
Reports of racist bullying at Slaton High School are part of a pattern of discrimination in and around Lubbock, Texas, civil rights groups say. They’re filing complaints and calling on the federal government to investigate.

SLATON, Texas — The Black girl’s hands were shaking as she approached a white classmate in gym class.

“I told you,” Autumn Roberson-Manahan said, her voice quivering, “to stop using that word.”

He’d said the slur while talking trash on the basketball court, Autumn recalled: “Oh! I’m ballin’ on y’all n----s.” And while cleaning up at the end of class: “These dumb n----s left the balls out again.” That day, Oct. 27, he’d said it again, smirking after having dribbled past a student and hitting a jump shot, Autumn said.

By then, Autumn, a straight-A student and one of only two dozen Black students at her small-town high school outside Lubbock, had been complaining about racial harassment involving three other classmates since the second week of school, according to interviews with Autumn and her family, messages they sent to administrators and a civil rights complaint filed Monday with the U.S. Department of Education. In September, she’d secretly recorded two boys in class calling her the N-word. When the alleged harassment continued, Autumn told administrators she was struggling to focus on her schoolwork. Her parents tried to intervene, demanding to speak with the principal and writing to the superintendent.

But the racist comments didn’t stop, according to the federal complaint.

This is in 2022, unbelievable.

Keep telling us though there is no racism in America anymore, all of that ended in the 60s.

Struth what do you think about this story?
The kid identifies as black. So it's okay

Forum List

Back