Niners are the favorites to win the NFC

These players have played a ton of football and how much practice does the second string really need? The preseason games are just an excuse to make money. Two game instead of five is more than enough. I'll go as high as three for the sake of judging the players on the fringe.

The preseason games have become more and more important as your comment that they have played a "ton of football" is missinformed.

The players union has required that less and less full contct with pads occurs during practice leading up to the preseason and regular games.

These game are some of the few opportunities the coaches have to see these new guys going at it full steam.

Your lack of logic is staggering. The Players union wants less rough practicing to reduce injuries and trust me they've all played plenty of football.

And coaches can get really good looks at guys in practice in the first place.

Also, if the players wanted more games, they'd have upp'd the season to 18 game and 2 preseason as was proposed. But,they don't want it cos they don't want the added injury risk. Hence why they barely play in the preseason too.

They dont hit in practice. And until you see a rookie in a game time situation all you know is he practices well.
But I agree three games is enough,and tickets should be dirt cheap for preseason.

It's preseason the fans will see Manning for a dozen plays if that.

I can't get excited about preseason results and Seahawk fans have nothing on Colt, Bear, Packer, Steeler, Cowboy, even Titan fans. Seattle is a mellow sports town. Hell, Bloomington, Indiana is more rabid than Seattle.

It's preseason the fans will see Manning for a dozen plays if that.

I can't get excited about preseason results and Seahawk fans have nothing on Colt, Bear, Packer, Steeler, Cowboy, even Titan fans. Seattle is a mellow sports town. Hell, Bloomington, Indiana is more rabid than Seattle.

We saw Manning for 23 and a half minutes of the first half. He didn't play all that badly. It was thier ones against our ones. If the Doncos hadn't turned the ball over 4 times it would have been a lot closer score.

Welker got a boo boo on his ankle late in the half. That won't be good for Didn'tfer early in the reg season. Three significant injuries to them. One guy had to be driven off the field in an ambulance.

It was some pretty good football for the first half. Wilson got a 141.3 QB rating for his efforts. Our backup wasn't much worse in the second half with a 141.4.. Oh...my bad...I guess that is a scosh better.. Both our QBs played better than the hall of famer.

Meaningless first two games... although we lead the league in meaningless preseason scoring and 2nd in scoring defense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back