Niners are the favorites to win the NFC

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
The Niners won the NFC last year and they were a flubbed play from winning the NFC the year before. One would have to figure they're the favorites in 2014.

The Niners won the NFC last year and they were a flubbed play from winning the NFC the year before. One would have to figure they're the favorites in 2014.

The 9ers won the West by half a game and got thier asses handed to them in week 16 in Seattle.

All this blowviating means nothing. Let's see what happens in week two. If SF wants to measure thier relative strength in THIS season's run at the NFC West championship we will learn all we need to know by how the Whiners play in Seattle.

The 9ers won the West by half a game and got thier asses handed to them in week 16 in Seattle.

All this blowviating means nothing. Let's see what happens in week two. If SF wants to measure thier relative strength in THIS season's run at the NFC West championship we will learn all we need to know by how the Whiners play in Seattle.

Actually, that's not necessarily all that important. If Seattle beats the crap out of the Niners in week 2, they could still easily lose the division.

Sure, I hope the Niners can win, but I'm not going to put too much on a week 2 game.

Actually, that's not necessarily all that important. If Seattle beats the crap out of the Niners in week 2, they could still easily lose the division.

Sure, I hope the Niners can win, but I'm not going to put too much on a week 2 game.

I'm hoping SF see's it the way you do... :lol:

I'm hoping SF see's it the way you do... :lol:

LOL, only if they are poorly coached!

I'm not as good at putting losses behind me as a professional athlete needs to be, so I try not to invest as much in early season games. :tongue:

I just made this thread to do devil's advocate. For years, the NFC has produced playoff teams 1-6, who are capable of making the Super Bowl. This year will likely be no different. It's why I laugh when I hear Huggy speak of Seattle's alleged dominance.

I would have to go with Niners if Kaepernick stays healthy. Haven't seen him go 16 games yet

GB, Atlanta, Seattle also are capable

On any given Sunday...

What happened with the Broncos? Oh ya...it wasn't a Sunday.. My bad!

I'm a Texans man myself, can't answer for the Broncos...

Broncos beat the 9ers. Maybe preseason doesn't matter in SF. In Seattle winning is everything this season. Carroll hs stated clearly that he expects the Seahawks to go into EVERY game with a mindset to win... including preseason games.

We'll see you Texans later in the year. :lol:

Broncos beat the 9ers. Maybe preseason doesn't matter in SF. In Seattle winning is everything this season. Carroll hs stated clearly that he expects the Seahawks to go into EVERY game with a mindset to win... including preseason games.

Preseason is bullshit.

Who cares if you win when you rest your starters after the first quarter

Yes we will. My best friend is a Seahawks fan. The first time they played against each other in the regular season, we made the trip to Seattle to see it. Would be nice to make the run to Houston for the game this season...

Preseason is bullshit.

Who cares if you win when you rest your starters after the first quarter

Yes it is. It is much more fun for the fans to see the best players play until the outcome is decided. There is something to be said for a mindset for all the second stringers and those just hoping to make the team to "play to win". No one knows who on the first string will go down to injury in the course of the season. It is good for the team to see who will "play to win" even when the games don't seem to matter to anyone else. "Gamers" are valuable and many such warriors will find a spot on the roster.

I'm a purist of sorts. When I see a young player like stephen Williams go up and pull down a pair of 40 plus yard throws ..one for a TD I appreciate how hard that is to do. That is the kind of player that should be on Special Teams or the practice squad and God forbid one of our first or second team recievers goes down we have a gamer waiting in the wings that can go up and catch a football.

Ya I get it that these games don't count in the standings... but in the long run to the playoffs these players can and will make a difference because the players that get the headlines get hurt and depth as well as defense wins championships.

These players have played a ton of football and how much practice does the second string really need? The preseason games are just an excuse to make money. Two game instead of five is more than enough. I'll go as high as three for the sake of judging the players on the fringe.

These players have played a ton of football and how much practice does the second string really need? The preseason games are just an excuse to make money. Two game instead of five is more than enough. I'll go as high as three for the sake of judging the players on the fringe.

The preseason games have become more and more important as your comment that they have played a "ton of football" is missinformed.

The players union has required that less and less full contct with pads occurs during practice leading up to the preseason and regular games.

These game are some of the few opportunities the coaches have to see these new guys going at it full steam.

I remember when there used to be six preseason games for a fourteen game season

The preseason games have become more and more important as your comment that they have played a "ton of football" is missinformed.

The players union has required that less and less full contct with pads occurs during practice leading up to the preseason and regular games.

These game are some of the few opportunities the coaches have to see these new guys going at it full steam.

Your lack of logic is staggering. The Players union wants less rough practicing to reduce injuries and trust me they've all played plenty of football.

And coaches can get really good looks at guys in practice in the first place.

Also, if the players wanted more games, they'd have upp'd the season to 18 game and 2 preseason as was proposed. But,they don't want it cos they don't want the added injury risk. Hence why they barely play in the preseason too.

I remember when there used to be six preseason games for a fourteen game season

LOL. It was about money then too!

Forum List

Back