Cubs Have Retool and Set Themselves to 2015

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Yes I know all Scrubs fan project and wait for the future, but I do think this time is different. First, we are not saddled with huge contracts that remove flexibility. Second, we are stacked with young talent. We have a bunch of top rated rookies and some young arms.

Projected Players:
C - ????
1B - Rizzo (showed flashes this season, hope he earns that contract. If he hits his potential that will be one of the most affordable contracts in baseball
2B - Javier Baez (Top 10 prospect rating in all of baseball)
3B - Mike Olt or Kris Bryant (Olt was a top prospect acquired inthe Garza trade, he was stuck behind two great players at the corner in Texas, Bryant was the 3rd pick in the draft and highly touted - one will succeed)
SS - Castro (Was an up and comer and took a step back, but I still think he can be the SS of the future)
RF - Jorge Soler (Big boy and big bat, has stud written all over him Top 20 Prospect rating)
CF - Albert Almora (Top Fifteen Propect Rating -Future Lead-off Man)
LF - Mark my words the loser at 3B will start here. My guess is Olt stays at 3B because of defense.

Granted we make no free agent picks up (which is unlikely for big market Chicago), projected starters:
Almora
Baez
Rizzo
Soler
Bryant
Olt
Castro
Catcher

If (and it's a big if) they hit their potential then that is a solid line-up.

Rotation:
Wood (Allstar this year and was lights out. Future stud)
Stud FA pick up (We have the cash to grab a solid #2)
Samardzija (proved to be a good 3-4 guy)
Pierce Johnson (High upside that he hasn't hit yet)
CJ Edwards (Might be the best on the staff in the end)

Closer:
Arody Vizcaino

Didn't they retool in 1909, 1910, 1911, 1912 ....2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012?

Here is the difference this time. Theo is taking a proven science. Invest HEAVILY in the early years in the farm system. Get as many good prospects and highly rated prospects as possible. Develop them and build core from within. Remove the dead weigh contracts (like Dumpster, Sore-on-my-ass-ano, Can't-Hit-Da-Mark-Marmol etc), get the payroll down and let the kids play. Once the kids prove themselves, fill the holes with top of the line FA. If your in contention then trade some prospects for rent-a-players. It worked in Boston, it will work here!

Here is the difference this time. Theo is taking a proven science. Invest HEAVILY in the early years in the farm system. Get as many good prospects and highly rated prospects as possible. Develop them and build core from within. Remove the dead weigh contracts (like Dumpster, Sore-on-my-ass-ano, Can't-Hit-Da-Mark-Marmol etc), get the payroll down and let the kids play. Once the kids prove themselves, fill the holes with top of the line FA. If your in contention then trade some prospects for rent-a-players. It worked in Boston, it will work here!

Even if Theo eventually turns it around; I'm now convinced that he's nothing special after all. He's been at the helm for a while now. He could've turned it around much faster. And really, they weren't in rebuild mode. They were trying to compete. The Dodgers, Angels, Red Sox, Yanks, Phillies, Cubs, Rangers have payroll advantages that other teams don't have. They can be good in any given year with solid management.

Followed the team for decades. They have a very good team this year, however, it is the Cubs.

exactly.Its not like you said they were going to win the world series.they play in the toughest division in baseball. Both the pirates and Cubs have an EXCELLENT shot at making the world series this year which is great because i love both teams.

they are my two favorite teams in the NL.
I would love to see them square off in the championship game to go to the world series.I would be thrilled beyond words if that was to happen and that was the matchup.

I remember last year towards the end of of the year ESPN sports were saying they had the nucleaus to be a good team this year because they were starting to jell last year getting hot in the last couple months of the season. they had to prove it to me and have a winning season first before i was convinced.well they are on the verge of having their first winning season in years now so now i am convinced.those ESPN announcers knew what they were talking about.

they been drafting at the top for so many years now because of being horrible for so long,well having the top draft picks or near the top for so long now has finally paid off obviously.

If they were playing in the american league,they would be a very serious bet for the world series but playing in the toughest division in the league going against the cardinals and pirates for the whole season for so many games,its going to to be tough for a few years for them to get there.It wont be easy thats for sure.

Followed the team for decades. They have a very good team this year, however, it is the Cubs.
They had very good teams the last two times they made the playoffs and got swept out both times. I will wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah well they kicked the crap out of my Giants last night, just when the Giants need wins the most

They had very good teams the last two times they made the playoffs and got swept out both times. I will wait and see.

Yeah well they kicked the crap out of my Giants last night, just when the Giants need wins the most
thats awesome to hear.I love it.:biggrin:

I would like to say that i would love to see anybody but the Giants in the NL in the series this year but thats not true,if it came down to being between them and the cards,my worst nightmare,would have to cheer on the Giants.

I would like to say that i would love to see anybody but the Giants in the NL in the series this year but thats not true,if it came down to being between them and the cards,my worst nightmare,would have to cheer on the Giants.
It's easy to hate on the Giants....but the Cards.....who can disrespect that club, they are a class act for sure.

As you can guess, I'm only against seeing the Dodgers in the WS.

I'd love to see KC, the Cubs, or the Cards take it.

The Mets.....I really couldn't care

It's easy to hate on the Giants....but the Cards.....who can disrespect that club, they are a class act for sure.

uh wakey,wakey,
Dear Cardinals fans, this is why nobody likes you

that girl kate hit the nail on the head there when she said the cardinals are the new england patriots of baseball.they have to cheat to achieve greatness. no wonder they have the best record in baseball.

also belicheat is friends with tony larussa.Looks like Larussa is passing on tips he has learned from belicheat to the cardinals.:biggrin:

plus st louis fans are fucking hypocrites,they know how bad it feels to have something stolen from you when they lost the cardinals to arizona,so what do they go and do? they do the same thing and steal the rams from LA who they did not even want to begin with. only started to support them when they started winning when kurt warner and marshall faulk rescued them.fucking band wagon fans.

if thats not being a fucking hypocrite,i dont know what is.whining about something being stolen from you and then they go around and do the same thing and then have the AUDACITY to say TOO BAD LA. i will so much laugh at them so hard when they lose the Rams next year when they are back in LA where they belong.this is what i will have to say to all st louis sports fans.:up_yours::fu::haha:

god as much as i hate the freaking yankees like crazy,i would have to cheer them on if the world series was between them and the cardinals.thats a disgusting thought to even have to think about is cheering on the yankees but yeah,i hate st louis sports fans worse than the yankees.

Last edited:

But what is so cool - you predicted this in 2013. :beer:

uh wakey,wakey,

that girl kate hit the nail on the head there when she said the cardinals are the new england patriots of baseball.they have to cheat to achieve greatness. no wonder they have the best record in baseball.

also belicheat is friends with tony larussa.Looks like Larussa is passing on tips he has learned from belicheat to the cardinals.:biggrin:

plus st louis fans are fucking hypocrites,they know how bad it feels to have something stolen from you when they lost the cardinals to arizona,so what do they go and do? they do the same thing and steal the rams from LA who they did not even want to begin with. only started to support them when they started winning when kurt warner and marshall faulk rescued them.fucking band wagon fans.

if thats not being a fucking hypocrite,i dont know what is.whining about something being stolen from you and then they go around and do the same thing and then have the AUDACITY to say TOO BAD LA. i will so much laugh at them so hard when they lose the Rams next year when they are back in LA where they belong.this is what i will have to say to all st louis sports fans.:up_yours::fu::haha:

god as much as i hate the freaking yankees like crazy,i would have to cheer them on if the world series was between them and the cardinals.thats a disgusting thought to even have to think about is cheering on the yankees but yeah,i hate st louis sports fans worse than the yankees.
This all news to me pal.

Wow, you guys sound like you really know a lot about sports!

Unless yer just doing what 99 percent of sports zombies do: Regurgitate whatever ESPN says.

uh wakey,wakey,

This all news to me pal.

well now you are aware of the arrogance and hypocrisy of st louis fans and why i hate them so much and will never root for any st louis sports franchise.

and the fact they are friends with BeliCHEAT and are doing so great after being caught cheating against the astro's,makes me wonder just how many other games they have cheated in this year as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back