Nick Saban signs extension

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I'm sure plenty of people want to see Coach Saban retire. But that won't happen until, at least Feb of 2026.

Roll Tide! How man more national championships over the next 8 years?

Figures I read says he'll make a total of $35.6 million during first 4 years of contract and $38.8 million over the last 4 years. Nice work if you can get it.

Alabama football coach Nick Saban set to make $8.3 million this season under new contract

Yes, it is nice work. If you can earn it. Saban has done that by being the greatest college football coach of all time.
If he were willing to be hired away to another university, he probably could make even more.

Figures I read says he'll make a total of $35.6 million during first 4 years of contract and $38.8 million over the last 4 years. Nice work if you can get it.

Alabama football coach Nick Saban set to make $8.3 million this season under new contract

Yes, it is nice work. If you can earn it. Saban has done that by being the greatest college football coach of all time.
If he were willing to be hired away to another university, he probably could make even more.

That could very well be true. But I think he will be at Bama until he retires. His wife, Miss Terri, likes it in Tuscaloosa.

That's a fair appraisal. He did pay his dues and his success is unquestionable.

My hope for him, Alabama and college football overall is that the contract expires without any scandal the likes we've seen with Jim Tressel and Joe Paterno. Have no reason to believe there's trouble but the way things pop up out of the blue, one gets gun shy.

Last edited:
I'm sure plenty of people want to see Coach Saban retire. But that won't happen until, at least Feb of 2026.

I say a minimum of 5 more...

And as he stays Urban Meyer of Ohio State is going to get fired.

The lynch mob has formed, he is on leave. It's over.

Now it's just Alabama and Clemson for the next 10 years or so.

Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Another school will step up. Kirby Smart at Georgia is a disciple of Saban.

CBS Sports talked with 1/5 of the 128 coaches in FBS football. Polls were taken, ect.

It was all anonymous. One coach, under the cloak of anonymity, decided to vent his hate aimed at Coach Nick Saban.
"If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you'd win like Nick Saban]. He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he 's playing. … If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he's the best in the country. It's like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year."

Jeez, if you can't beat Saban, don't resort to this sort of baseless nonsense. Coach Saban wins more because he is the best college football coach of all time. It isn't even close, as far as active coaches.

CBS Sports talked with 1/5 of the 128 coaches in FBS football. Polls were taken, ect.

It was all anonymous. One coach, under the cloak of anonymity, decided to vent his hate aimed at Coach Nick Saban.
"If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you'd win like Nick Saban]. He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he 's playing. … If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he's the best in the country. It's like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year."

Jeez, if you can't beat Saban, don't resort to this sort of baseless nonsense. Coach Saban wins more because he is the best college football coach of all time. It isn't even close, as far as active coaches.

I think its funny that this anonymous chickenshit talks about the recruiting like it is not part of coaching. And he makes it sound like these recruits are just handed to Saban. Every blue chip recruit he has brought to Alabama has been recruited by other top schools. But Nick Saban convinced them to come to Alabama. After a few years and a few national championships, that got easier, of course. But Saban brought in the #3 class in 2008. That took some selling.

Also, recruiting great classes is one thing. Developing the talent is another. Coach Saban has done that too.

But the single biggest stat that shows what Saban has done? Since he has been in Tuscaloosa he has won 5 national championships. He is 66-4 in games in Tuscaloosa. He has won more national championships than he has lost games at home.

Forum List

Back