Who will replace Nick Saban when he retires?

That’s my bet as well. I wouldnt want to try and fill those size 38’s. (Yes I looked up the biggest shoe in the world and its size 37).

He is leaving a legacy, for sure.

And not just by the Wins/Losses measure. He was always very serious about the Student/Athletes being students. He pushed academics as hard as football.

And what he did for Tuscaloosa is amazing. The same day he announced his retirement, his Habitat For Humanity projects released their 21st home to house the poor.

My guess is the replacement for Saban will be Lane Kiffin. Not because he is the best available. But because he has the experience necessary to move the Tide forward.

I give him 3 years before he is replaced.

The first guy to replace the GOAT is in the toughest position. The guy who follows the 1st guy is the one to lead.
Unless the next guy wins a National Championship. But he has to win one. Or if you are only giving him 3 years, better come real close to winning it all in that 3rd year.

Looks like DeBoer and Norvell and the likely candidates. Kirby and Sark like their gigs.
In 15/17 years at Bama they were at some point #1. That's amazing.

Looks like DeBoer and Norvell and the likely candidates. Kirby and Sark like their gigs.
In 15/17 years at Bama they were at some point #1. That's amazing.

Saban was a head coach for 28 years (including 17 at Alabama). He never had a losing season.

I bet this was all planned out way ahead of Saban‘s departure.

It would not surprise me.

As I understand it, Coach Saban was working until he told the players he was retiring. And he is not leaving. He will maintain an office in Bryant Denny Stadium.

Forum List

Back