Nick Berg video: Hoax?

Originally posted by Patriot54
Yes, I thought I come here and raise some valid questions - if you can't answer them, just say so. That is the point - nobody can explain it.

Ah but you are getting valid responses and you are not answering them. Instead you print 'talking points', you need to think on your own. :cool:

Patriot,I stiil would love an explanation of the other begeadings. Was the guy from N. Korea involved with CIA as well?

Kathianne - the only semi-intelligent response I got was from krisy and I'll answer that one right now
Originally posted by krisy
Explain the other beheadings! Are they CIA too?
I don't know, but our government is making it hard to find out. If you read one of my earlier posts, I said that I thought the theory about the CIA killing Berg might be far-fetched, but it is very possible that Nick Berg may have not been an innocent civilian bystander. Was he CIA or a spy? I don't know that either. But I will give you some facts:

1) The video and the discrepancies surrounding it have not been addressed by our government, even though questions were raised by credible media outlets.

2) "Somebody" died and a body was shown in that video. There is no evidence that I know of which tells us if that was Nick Berg, if the person decapitated was alive in the video and we don't know if that person was killed in retaliation for prisoner abuse by Americans. Yet many people use it as a reason to get revenge.

I just think it is a little too coincidental that at least 2 others have been decapitated as well,don't you? I am no video expert,unless it's Nemo..lol...but these things don't seem that strong as evidence. I would have to hear an expert that was reliable and impartial. I just don't believe it though.

Actually Patriot, you are probably lucky that some less patient people are missing right now. Be that as it may, you can choose to ignore legitimate questions and responses, in return you will be ignored also.

So have a good day as our resident liberal would say, No, Not YOU DK. :p:

originally posted by Patriot Kathianne - the only semi-intelligent response I got was from krisy and I'll answer that one right now

Actually all the responses you received were more than semi-intelligent, sometimes it's better just to let it be. You may need an ally, but I don't think you'll find one in Krisy. :p:

:laugh:

Anyways, a belated Welcome!:D

Originally posted by krisy
I just think it is a little too coincidental that at least 2 others have been decapitated as well,don't you? I am no video expert,unless it's Nemo..lol...but these things don't seem that strong as evidence. I would have to hear an expert that was reliable and impartial. I just don't believe it though.
I'm just trying to get a discussion going to see what people thought of that questions raised by that website (by the way, the APFN was not the first to question the credibility of the Berg video, they just gathered all the info onto one site)

I'm sure there were more than 2 other people who were executed by terrorists in the last few years. I can understand Kathianne's comment about not being able to prove a negative. But none of us can prove or disprove who they were, why they were executed or who did it.

So why did so many people get angry about something we know nothing about and use it as an excuse for revenge? Are we supposed to blindly believe the claim that the person in the video was an American and was executed in retaliation for the torture at Abu Ghraib (sp?) prison? And even if that is true, does that mean that an American life is more valuable than the life of any other nationality?

I'm just trying to get a discussion going to see what people thought of that questions raised by that website (by the way, the APFN was not the first to question the credibility of the Berg video, they just gathered all the info onto one site)

I'm sure there were more than 2 other people who were executed by terrorists in the last few years. I can understand Kathianne's comment about not being able to prove a negative. But none of us can prove or disprove who they were, why they were executed or who did it.

So why did so many people get angry about something we know nothing about and use it as an excuse for revenge? Are we supposed to blindly believe the claim that the person in the video was an American and was executed in retaliation for the torture at Abu Ghraib (sp?) prison? And even if that is true, does that mean that an American life is more valuable than the life of any other nationality?
A true American patriot might be inclined to say yes and most patriots would not even ask that question.

Let's just deal with what we do know: Danny Pearl, Nick Berg, and the South Korean.

Deal with those 3. Pearl was in Pakistan, but very similar MO.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Let's just deal with what we do know: Danny Pearl, Nick Berg, and the South Korean.

Deal with those 3. Pearl was in Pakistan, but very similar MO.
The South Korean was Kim Sun-il. And there was also Paul Johnson. But that's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make - you said "Let's just deal with what we do know" - what do we know? From what I can tell, all we know is that those people you mentioned were reported missing. Why they are missing and what exactly happened to them is just pure specualtion.

The South Korean was Kim Sun-il. And there was also Paul Johnson. But that's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make - you said "Let's just deal with what we do know" - what do we know? From what I can tell, all we know is that those people you mentioned were reported missing. Why they are missing and what exactly happened to them is just pure specualtion.

Hopeless, you are going to revert over and over to proving a negative. Enjoy the conspiracy.

Dismissed, until you deal with the points. (apologies to KL for stealing one of her lines!):D

Hell I don't care if ALL the tapes were faked--you' trying to imply that the whole war is bogus and americans are bad etc etc etc.
All the dead american soldiers shot themselves right? Get outta here !

Originally posted by Kathianne
Dismissed, until you deal with the points.
Points? What points? All I've heard so far is smart@ss conservative comments to the points I made.

Maybe I'm moving too fast for you guys, so let's take it one at a time: The person in that video did not bleed like someone would if they were beheaded while still alive. Doctors and people who have witnessed beheadings in person examined the tape and said they thought it was a fraud. That's the most troubling question about the whole thing, so explain that one to me.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Hell I don't care if ALL the tapes were faked--you' trying to imply that the whole war is bogus and americans are bad etc etc etc.
Now you're just jumping to conclusions. That's not what I'm trying to say at all. If you can't deal with an open political discussion without getting angry and telling me to leave, maybe this is not the place for you.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Oooh a conspiracy!!:eek:

What will the libs come up with next? Hell I bet is was Bush's idea along!:rolleyes:
What do you mean his idea? Don't you know it was him holding the knife. :rolleyes:

Oooh a conspiracy!!:eek:

What will the libs come up with next? Hell I bet is was Bush's idea along!:rolleyes:

Patriot, meet Evil. He doesn't have much patience! LOL :p:

Who Me!:D

Yeah, you! He doesn't seem enthralled with my moderating abilities, maybe your administative decisions will win him over! :p:

Patriot, he isn't one of the liberals! LOL

Forum List

Back