Nick Berg video: Hoax?

Hello, Sir Evil - and what grade are you in, little guy?

You guys have proven you know how to avoid serious discussion. Anyone care to answer the question:

The person in that video did not bleed like someone would if they were beheaded while still alive. Doctors and people who have witnessed beheadings in person examined the tape and said they thought it was a fraud. That's the most troubling question about the whole thing, so explain that one to me.

It's a simple question - try and keep up, people

Originally posted by Patriot54

You guys have proven you know how to avoid serious discussion. Anyone care to answer the question:

The person in that video did not bleed like someone would if they were beheaded while still alive. Doctors and people who have witnessed beheadings in person examined the tape and said they thought it was a fraud. That's the most troubling question about the whole thing, so explain that one to me.

Popcorn! :eek2: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe he was killed before beheaded. Does that make it any less evil that he was BEHEADED? Not to mention killed either because of beheading or any other way? And what does this prove?

The problem here pat, is that you're trying to suck reasonable people into a discussion about a "conspiracy theory", and they're just not going to have any part of it. It takes a certain paranoid type to get into these theory's in the first place, and I don't think you're going to find any of those here.

May I suggest thedemocraticunderground.com. They'd probably LOOOOOVE your funny stories over there. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dilloduck
OK if you wanna call it a fraud, go ahead. Is that all?
I don't want to call it anything, I'm not the expert who said that. But when medical professionals question it, any true American would want to know why.

Are you saying that if it turned out to be a fraud, you wouldn't care either way?

Originally posted by Hannitized
Maybe he was killed before beheaded. Does that make it any less evil that he was BEHEADED? Not to mention killed either because of beheading or any other way? And what does this prove?
I need to add that I've never seen the video, just trying to get to a point. :p:

I don't want to call it anything, I'm not the expert who said that. But when medical professionals question it, any true American would want to know why.

Are you saying that if it turned out to be a fraud, you wouldn't care either way?

Medical experts question a lot of things and I don't feel any need to jump when one speaks. Your whole point here is this incident should be investigated. If it's not, who do you want us to bitch at?

Hey Patriot, Like Evil I saw the video, since then Pearl's too. Too much horror, but it doesn't seem to phase you. Why is that do you think? Fits your agenda?

Originally posted by dilloduck
Medical experts question a lot of things and I don't feel any need to jump when one speaks. Your whole point here is this incident should be investigated. If it's not, who do you want us to bitch at?
That's a fair question. First of all, it wasn't just one person who called it a fraud, there's been a lot of people starting to question the Nick Berg incident. Also, the reason I think there is some validity to it is because nobody questioned the deaths of Daniel Pearl, Kim Sun-il or any of the others. But this one is different for some reason.

As for who we should bitch at, I can't answer that. But it starts at the top. You guys wonder why Bush gets so much criticism - it's because he's in charge, remember? He only hears what he wants to hear and tries to ignore everything else. No, he wasn't the one holding the knife, but he will be held accountable for the actions of the people under him, whether he knew about it or not. That is the price you have to pay when you're the president.

OK, now we're getting somewhere. If the man was dead before he was beheaded, that doen't mean it's not evil. But if that's the case, then I have to ask myself why they were beheading a body that was already dead and videotaping it? If the other people in the video were really members of Al-Quaeda and they are as ruthless as we've been led to believe, then they would want to kill him on camera.

This is all specualtion and it's not like I expect anyone on these boards to provide any evidence for any of this, but that's the whole point of discussion.

Originally posted by krisy
Wasn't he screaming in the video? Would that not prove he was alive?

Yes Krisy, there were screams. I'm sure Patriot figures they were dubbed in. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kathianne
Hey Patriot, Like Evil I saw the video, since then Pearl's too. Too much horror, but it doesn't seem to phase you. Why is that do you think? Fits your agenda?
Where can I find these videos? I've been looking all over the place, but they've all been removed. I've only seen some still clips.

And where did you get the idea that it doesn't phase me? I think it's horrible but I need to see it so I can form my own opinion. Gruesome scenes like that are just part of the daily news in most other parts of the world, but we Americans are sheltered from stuff like that. The truth isn't always pretty like our media is forced to make it out to be.

Okay, no one get mad at me, I'm in to mysteries, lol.
I don't believe this was a conspiracy, just one more attempt to blame Bush for something, but I'll play along. I don't get to play much on here, to many intelligent people wanting facts, lol.

OK, now we're getting somewhere. If the man was dead before he was beheaded, that doen't mean it's not evil. But if that's the case, then I have to ask myself why they were beheading a body that was already dead and videotaping it? If the other people in the video were really members of Al-Quaeda and they are as ruthless as we've been led to believe, then they would want to kill him on camera.
Al-Queda killed him for whatever reason (like they need one), and when the abuse scandal hit the air waves, they went ahead and plotted out this "beheading for revenge" thing.
Makes sence to me. :D

Where can I find these videos? I've been looking all over the place, but they've all been removed. I've only seen some still clips.

And where did you get the idea that it doesn't phase me? I think it's horrible but I need to see it so I can form my own opinion. Gruesome scenes like that are just part of the daily news in most other parts of the world, but we Americans are sheltered from stuff like that. The truth isn't always pretty like our media is forced to make it out to be.

So everything you're questioning comes from other sources? Hmm, why am I not surprised? Evil and I both saw it, maybe you should look around the internet?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
You haven't even seen the videos any you are already buying into the conspiracy???:confused:

That's just what I was going to say... he's here purporting these videos are hoaxes, and he hasn't even seen them??!!

Get the fuck atta here moron.... :mad:

Originally posted by Kathianne
So everything you're questioning comes from other sources? Hmm, why am I not surprised? Evil and I both saw it, maybe you should look around the internet?

Agreed. Patriot,you should see it for yourself(if you have the stomach) and then make a decision. How do you know if there is any credibility and how can you make your own decision without seeing it yourself?

It is election year,Patriot. Be very careful who you believe right now. I'm sure you know that people will start anything to bring G.W. down. This kind of rubbish is also not good for our troop moral. They are fighting these terrorists,and conspiracy theorists are saying that we are pulling stuff like this.

Originally posted by krisy
Agreed. Patriot,you should see it for yourself(if you have the stomach) and then make a decision. How do you know if there is any credibility and how can you make your own decision without seeing it yourself?

It is election year,Patriot. Be very careful who you believe right now. I'm sure you know that people will start anything to bring G.W. down. This kind of rubbish is also not good for our troop moral. They are fighting these terrorists,and conspiracy theorists are saying that we are pulling stuff like this.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Okay, no one get mad at me, I'm in to mysteries, lol.
I don't believe this was a conspiracy, just one more attempt to blame Bush for something, but I'll play along. I don't get to play much on here, to many intelligent people wanting facts, lol.

Al-Queda killed him for whatever reason (like they need one), and when the abuse scandal hit the air waves, they went ahead and plotted out this "beheading for revenge" thing.
Makes sense to me. :D
You have proved my point for me - your theories and mine are just as reliable as that video. A few years ago, videotape might have been a credible source. But these days, with all the computer editing people can do, anything is possible.

Forum List

Back