al Sadr At It Again

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Time to kill him:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040705/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&cid=540&ncid=716

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Decision time for the Iraqi govt again----hope they let us waste this asshole.

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Islamic clerics, middle east dictators, and royal families will never allow democracy to develop in Iraq. These people know that once democracy takes hold anywhere in the region, their days in power are numbered.

Don't hold your breath on anything positive coming out of Iraq. We should have gone in, killed as many terrorists and their leaders as quickly as we could and then pulled the hell out. Let them worry about rebuilding their damn infrastructure. These people do not appreciate our efforts or the lives that have been sacrificed and they certainly can't hate us any more than they already do.

I wish that we could come to accept them as they really are - a collection of zealots, racists and sociopaths. As long as we view them through lenses filtered by our conception of how we would LIKE them to be, we will never develop a policy to deal effectively with these idiots. They will never respect us. So let them fear us instead.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    the funny thing is, with allawi (sp?) in charge of iraq, it wouldn't be a surprise for sadr to end up dead sooner than later... this new PM makes things happen.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm tending towards your belief. I think Sadr must die, the sooner the better. It looks like they are going to try the amnesty deal, I hope it works.

I don't know what form of gov't Iraq will end up with, but it will have to be a bit better than Saddam. Iran for all the Mullahs and all, still doesn't whack away at citizens walking down the street.