Next handgun?

Oh come on. Be a man! :eusa_whistle:

swsecond.jpg

I truly want one, been looking at them everytime I go to the toy...err, I mean sporting goods store.:eusa_angel:

I just bought this at BassProShops, 2 weeks ago.

This is such a fun gun!!!

:clap2:

Bass Pro Shops Outdoors Online: Offering the best in Fishing, Hunting and Outdoor Products

This Judge is capable of chambering both .410 gauge 2 1/2" shotshell or the 45 Long Colt this amazing combo gun is ideal for short distances where most altercations occur, or longer distances with the 45 Colt ammo. Taurus has finely tuned the rifling to spread the shot pattern at close quarters or to guide the .45 caliber bullet to the target. The Taurus 45/410 is one decision maker that lays down the law.

Or you could just buy a Tokarev or CZ52 and shoot the same round.

I have a CZ 52, it doesn't work with WWII reenacting/living histories, the PPS does.

But the Tok would.

I know but that's ok. With the PPS I don't have to carry a rifle, it's lighter and easy to clean and with six 32 round mags (blank firing ammo obviously) I don't have to worry about frequent reloads.
Besides I've used the full auto version and I love this weapon!

There are Glock people and there are 1911 people...I am a 1911 person.

The grip angle of the Glock just seems so wrong in my hand.

My next handgun is going to be a parkerized Kahr Arms 1911 A1.

Kahr 1911 Pistol - 1911PISTOLS.COM

DisplayPic.aspx

Have you looked at the new Regent pistols from Turkey? Straight up mil spec 1911 with lowered eject port and gold cup feed ramp. SOmetimes called the Turkish Norincos for their high quality and low price.
I happen to have one in stock I could sell very reasonably.

There are Glock people and there are 1911 people...I am a 1911 person.

The grip angle of the Glock just seems so wrong in my hand.

My next handgun is going to be a parkerized Kahr Arms 1911 A1.

Kahr 1911 Pistol - 1911PISTOLS.COM

DisplayPic.aspx

Have you looked at the new Regent pistols from Turkey? Straight up mil spec 1911 with lowered eject port and gold cup feed ramp. SOmetimes called the Turkish Norincos for their high quality and low price.
I happen to have one in stock I could sell very reasonably.

Looks pretty nice.

IACR100lg.jpg

Whatcha askin'?

Well, since no one has mentioned Springfield, I will throw it out there. Excellent guns for the money, especially the 9. I carry the 45 from time to time, and it is my favorite "non 1911" 45. If there is a Glock and a Springfield sitting on the table, I'm picking up the Springfield every time (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Glock, I just think the Springfield is a better gun).

If you ever shoot 100 rounds through a 1911, you'll be done. In that scenario, the Ruger 22/45 makes a lot of sense. The grip angle and size are designed to feel and set up just like a 1911 frame, and most of us can afford to put 500 .22 rounds into practice when we can't afford the 45 rounds. The cost of the 22/45 is relatively close to the cost of a conversion kit for most 1911s to .22 for practice, so it is a very tempting, "legitimate" excuse to purchase another handgun :)

I am also a dealer (in Alabama) and that is a very good price on the Kahr. Another option to consider in an affordable 1911 is the Citadel (made by Legacy Sports). Relatively inexpensive, and shoots very well right out of the box. One caveat though.....they don't like a lot of tinkering. I dropped a match barrel and trigger into mine and began to have intermittent jams due to the ramp lining up incorrectly with the magazine. 1 in every 100 or so, but enough to make me leery of carrying the gun. I worked on it for a couple of weeks, but could never get it where I wanted, so I dropped the factory barrel back in and voila....problem solved.

And that $600 Sig is something I'm going to have to look at myself. Almost any Sig for 600 is a good buy. Great guns, and with a little "minor, after-market smithing and tricking", AWESOME guns!

Well, since no one has mentioned Springfield, I will throw it out there. Excellent guns for the money, especially the 9. I carry the 45 from time to time, and it is my favorite "non 1911" 45. If there is a Glock and a Springfield sitting on the table, I'm picking up the Springfield every time (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Glock, I just think the Springfield is a better gun).

If you ever shoot 100 rounds through a 1911, you'll be done. In that scenario, the Ruger 22/45 makes a lot of sense. The grip angle and size are designed to feel and set up just like a 1911 frame, and most of us can afford to put 500 .22 rounds into practice when we can't afford the 45 rounds. The cost of the 22/45 is relatively close to the cost of a conversion kit for most 1911s to .22 for practice, so it is a very tempting, "legitimate" excuse to purchase another handgun :)

I am also a dealer (in Alabama) and that is a very good price on the Kahr. Another option to consider in an affordable 1911 is the Citadel (made by Legacy Sports). Relatively inexpensive, and shoots very well right out of the box. One caveat though.....they don't like a lot of tinkering. I dropped a match barrel and trigger into mine and began to have intermittent jams due to the ramp lining up incorrectly with the magazine. 1 in every 100 or so, but enough to make me leery of carrying the gun. I worked on it for a couple of weeks, but could never get it where I wanted, so I dropped the factory barrel back in and voila....problem solved.

And that $600 Sig is something I'm going to have to look at myself. Almost any Sig for 600 is a good buy. Great guns, and with a little "minor, after-market smithing and tricking", AWESOME guns!

Mini 14. Nice little shoot.

I quoted the 450 price on the Regent. Which is also an excellent price.
I don't care for the Springfield XD's. I remember when they were the HS2000 and everyone scoffed at them as a cheap Croatian Glock knock off. Then Springfield picked it up, sent one to every gun writer and had them all declaring it was the greatest since sliced bread.

Nothing wrong with the Xd's, lots of folks love theirs. I think they're top heavy and ugly and I dont like the grip safety in a defensive arm.

For a great shooting .45acp try the Smith 4506. I have one. It is enormous but great trigger and relatively cheap. Happen to know where you could get one too!

I'm with you...Ruger is my 1st choice...I already have a Ruger Standard .22...nearly 50 years old, still incredibly accuate.

100_0546.jpg

At 25 feet.

100_0549.jpg

Forum List

Back