Next handgun?

The Hi Power is fun, no question. And there are some Charles Daly knock offs that are pretty cheap around.
If "fun" is your only criterion, then maybe a used Smith 4506 in the manstopping .45acp? Those are woefully undervalued pistols for what they are. Low recoil, work every time, very accurate.
Somewhat expensive to feed of course.
The next suggestion is a Ruger Mark 3 or 22/45. Accurate, fun, cheap to shoot.

Note: I do this for a living.

Wednesday I an buying a Sig p220 .45 acp.

Very powerful . Accurate. Relatively low recoil.

I just got the Sig P229R last Friday, it was 765.00 plus tax

I love it, fits real well, not too small not to large....

13 Shot Clip, 9MM, 3.9 Barrel, night Sites

p229detaill.jpg

Also a good choice. I have one and love it. I hope it isn't new.

Actually it's 2006, less than 100 rounds.

I am buying it wednesday for $600.

I shot a Sig P220 at the range on Friday. I liked the feel, and how accurate it was.

These are the pictures of the one I am buying Wednesday.

SigSaurP225.jpg

Sigs2.jpg

Sigs3.jpg

Last edited:

I shot a Sig P220 at the range on Friday. I liked the feel, and how accurate it was.

SigSaurP225.jpg

Sigs2.jpg

Sigs3.jpg

Looks nice,

I like 45's in general, but I have too much 9mm ammo to change now :lol::lol:

SigSaurP225.jpg

Sigs2.jpg

Sigs3.jpg

Looks nice,

I like 45's in general, but I have too much 9mm ammo to change now :lol::lol:

Yeah...i understand. I think Walmart has the best prices for 9 mm. 50 federal 9 mm lugar for $9.47. I want to expand to .45 although I know the rounds are much more expensive.

SigSaurP225.jpg

Sigs2.jpg

Sigs3.jpg

Nice looking gun. Decent price. FWIW I have one in my shop now for like 480, if you know anyone else looking for one.
The more that SIG does to those guns and the more money they charge the worse they become. The last few new ones I've seen were simply atrocious.

If it has the standard SIG sights, consider changing to a 3 dot arrangement. I was about to sell mine because I couldn't get good groups at the range. Went to a 3 dot and it became a keeper.

SigSaurP225.jpg

Sigs2.jpg

Sigs3.jpg

Nice looking gun. Decent price. FWIW I have one in my shop now for like 480, if you know anyone else looking for one.
The more that SIG does to those guns and the more money they charge the worse they become. The last few new ones I've seen were simply atrocious.
Will do and I will think of you the next type I go gun shopping.

I am really enjoying the Sig. Those .45s are really fun too shot.

My only complaint is how expensive the ammo is.

I got the Glock 19 for my concealed pistol license. I have been going to the range and have been becoming quite proficient with it.

I am thinking about the next gun. I am thinking of staying within the Glock family, because I am familiar with the platform. Perhaps the Glock 34 which is 9 mm too and isused for more target shooting.

I am looking to have fun.

What do you guys suggest for my next handgun?

One more question, I am thinking of getting strobbing light with a laser for the gun. I saw a strobbing light demonstrated on Home Defense on the Outdoor channel, and I was impressed.

What I am concerned about it is if it will also disorient me if I had to use it.

Thoughts?

YouTube - Laser and strobe light on my Glock.

P.S. Could a mod please fix the spelling error in my title.
You can't go wrong with a Glock. The 9mm is a real nice handling piece too. Especially if your objective is target shooting. The kick is minimal.

As far as aiming devices anything new you try will be distracting at first. You tend to focus more on the the device than on the shot. Another thing to remember is keep the accuracy of your aiming device in check.

I got the Glock 19 for my concealed pistol license. I have been going to the range and have been becoming quite proficient with it.

I am thinking about the next gun. I am thinking of staying within the Glock family, because I am familiar with the platform. Perhaps the Glock 34 which is 9 mm too and isused for more target shooting.

One more question, I am thinking of getting strobbing light with a laser for the gun. I saw a strobbing light demonstrated on Home Defense on the Outdoor channel, and I was impressed.

What I am concerned about it is if it will also disorient me if I had to use it.

Thoughts?

You can't go wrong with a Glock. The 9mm is a real nice handling piece too. Especially if your objective is target shooting. The kick is minimal.

As far as aiming devices anything new you try will be distracting at first. You tend to focus more on the the device than on the shot. Another thing to remember is keep the accuracy of your aiming device in check.
Go for the Glock but go for the 45. JMHO.

Here is the one I'm having built now. It has to be converted to semi-auto per BATF specs and as designed is considered a pistol. In order not to have to extend the barrel the folding stock is welded in place making it by definition a pistol.
It comes with two 32 round mags and I already have a parts kit with 4 mags plus original mag pouches.

Russian PPS 43.

PPS-43.jpg

Thoughts?

Go for the Glock but go for the 45. JMHO.

An update. I got a Glock 19, Glock 34, and a Sig Sauer P220 .45 acp.

Forum List

Back