Next... Anchor Babies.

no i don't believe she does. She has empathy for the state of the conditions of other countries. She doesn't understand that THAT is not our problem or an excuse for illegal immigration and the use of anchor babies to stay here illegally.

syrenn, it's one hell of an assumption that anyone who does not denigrate the citizenship of a child born here to illegal aliens is somehow less patriotic than you are. The children do pose serious problems and I don't claim to have all the answers -- except that I think dumping American citizens into a third world country is wrong.

They are citizens, just as you are. All this bellyaching about what to do about the assault of illegals on Americans CANNOT begin to be debated by selecting "unwanted" American citizens to eject, especially not children. I'm not overly fond of some of the neighbor's kidlets, but I wouldn't dream of suggesting we deport them.

I have never made any claims or comments of patriotism about myself or the illegals, where did you get that from?

We are talking about anchor babies. Right now at this time those anchor babies are citizens. I am not suggesting forcing American citizens to leave the country. I am saying the illegal parents need to go, and if they take their citizen children with them or leave them behind, that is their choice.

It is a hard question, I agree. That does not excuse us from trying to resolve it in some sort of humane fashion. And whatever we choose to do, we need to conform our conduct to the constitution and treat the citizen children of illegal aliens no differently than any other American citizen.

BTW, if I misread your post, my apologies. It certainly was not intentional; I know this is tough stuff and I don't even pretend to be the Answer Lady.

no i don't believe she does. She has empathy for the state of the conditions of other countries. She doesn't understand that THAT is not our problem or an excuse for illegal immigration and the use of anchor babies to stay here illegally.

If the US is going to be expected to be responsible for the conditions in Mexico and mitigate them, then we should get the real estate that goes with the people. If we don't get to run Mexico, then I see no reason to feel responsible for what happens there.
Do they have any natural resources we might want for cheap?

Cecille, I don't think the US needs to completely underwrite the government of Mexico. That nation has resources, a very healthy GDP and (obviously) an abundance of cheap labor. What it does not have is justice, a middle class or internal security.

tsalkonocii wrote in part:

I think I'll not trust a coyote' when it comes to illegal crossings of the border of the motivations of those who do so.

A coyote is a person who smuggles others across the border for an exorbitant fee. They have been known to kill the passengers by using methods like shipping containers, so that passengers die of heat exhaustion, etc. during the trip. Anyone who would do this is a depraved animal.

People so desperate to enter the US that they'd turn to a coyote are not necessarially violent criminals themselves, and it's not fair to describe them as such.

Birthright citizens are not going to permit their parents to be rounded up and shipped off. Birthright citizens will outnumber the nativist wackos within ten to fifteen years. The immigrant naturalized citizens now equal or outnumber the nativists here. This subject is a non-issue.

Birthright citizens are not going to permit their parents to be rounded up and shipped off. Birthright citizens will outnumber the nativist wackos within ten to fifteen years. The immigrant naturalized citizens now equal or outnumber the nativists here. This subject is a non-issue.

It will be as long as we continue to pay a government to do a job it refuses to do. Nice try though.

Get rid of the anchor baby perk - it causes way too many problems for the USA.

That would require reason and independent thought. Do you really think Medicated Nation is still capable of such a feat??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would require a Constitutional Amendment, the one thing that the Powers that be are afraid of more than being indicted. :eek: ;)

You are right, Intense, that an amendment would be require, and I am right that such an amendment would be wrong.

You are right, Intense, that an amendment would be require, and I am right that such an amendment would be wrong.

I am not so sure about that??? Sometimes the Super Majority has a point. Anytime it is close to 75% it has the Power to restructure anything and every thing the Government has any power over at all. As hard as you and others try to make people forget where the true power lies within Our Federalist Constitution design, it is fact. The Power lies with the consent of the governed. I hope I didn't make you choke on your coffee.

Another unaddressed concern regarding criminal negligence at the federal level is counting Aliens, both legal and illegal, in the Census. Is the census used to define Congressional Districts and determine representation in The House of Representatives or not??? If it is you are guilty of perpetuating a fraud and contributing to the corruption of the Legislative Branch of the Federal Government by giving more voice to areas flooded by aliens, stripping other areas of their fair share. Primary obligation of the Census is being ignored, and sold out for kick backs, disproportionately. Why are we paying you to do a job you refuse to do again???

Looks like Arizona legislators aren't done yet;
Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop.

So is Arizona going to far or is this another step in the right direction?

an excellent next step.

Arizona's Next Immigration Target: Children of Illegals - Yahoo! News

Anchor babies" isn't a very endearing term, but in Arizona those are the words being used to tag children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants. While not new, the term is increasingly part of the local vernacular because the primary authors of the nation's toughest and most controversial immigration law are targeting these tots - the legal weights that anchor many undocumented aliens in the U.S. - for their next move.

Buoyed by recent public opinion polls suggesting they're on the right track with illegal immigration, Arizona Republicans will likely introduce legislation this fall that would deny birth certificates to children born in Arizona - and thus American citizens according to the U.S. Constitution - to parents who are not legal U.S. citizens. The law largely is the brainchild of state Sen. Russell Pearce, a Republican whose suburban district, Mesa, is considered the conservative bastion of the Phoenix political scene. He is a leading architect of the Arizona law that sparked outrage throughout the country: Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to ask about someone's immigration status during a traffic stop, detainment or arrest if reasonable suspicion exists - things like poor English skills, acting nervous or avoiding eye contact during a traffic stop.

an excellent next step.

A federal court, upon application, will immediately quash such a law, on the grounds that a state birth document certifies officially the individual, the date, and the location of the birth. The state law would have to provide an other equally effective method in identifying and verifying such a birth. If such a law existed, then it would defeat the intent of the proposed law.

Such a law will never survive federal judicial review.

More importantly in political consequences, such a law sponsored by the GOP and endorsed by folks like Bachmann, Palin, McCain, Boehner, McConnell would immediately brand the GOP a nativist party that hates minorities and immigrants. The GOP would be relegated to minority status forever until it changed its stance.

an excellent next step.

A federal court, upon application, will immediately quash such a law, on the grounds that a state birth document certifies officially the individual, the date, and the location of the birth. The state law would have to provide an other equally effective method in identifying and verifying such a birth. If such a law existed, then it would defeat the intent of the proposed law.

Such a law will never survive federal judicial review.

More importantly in political consequences, such a law sponsored by the GOP and endorsed by folks like Bachmann, Palin, McCain, Boehner, McConnell would immediately brand the GOP a nativist party that hates minorities and immigrants. The GOP would be relegated to minority status forever until it changed its stance.

Never is an awful long time Jake. The truth of the matter is that what you fail to address is the change of a Constitutional Mandate changes everything. Be honest Jake. You are not all powerful. You may attempt to further deceive and manipulate the masses, stealing power through false claims, but in the end, it's just another scheme, another illusion perpetuated on a Free People, deceiving them into thinking that you have justice on your side. You are not above reproach Jake. Search the Constitution well. The Structure is Not of more value than that which it was constructed to serve. One day this will be taught in schools Jake. ;) Anything else you want to get paid to not do???? Anything else out there to obstruct and over burden??? Maybe you can construct a scheme to regulate breast milk under Interstate Commerce??? ;)

A false assumption by Intense. I wrote, ". . . forever until it changed its stance." [my bolded italics]

The great majority of the nation has not indicated any interested whatsoever in the anchor baby argument other than to ask its collective self, "why do the loonies keep talking about this? It's a non-issue."

The USA is the only country that allows those born of illegal parents to be considered U.S. citizens.....what is wrong with this picture?

A false assumption by Intense. I wrote, ". . . forever until it changed its stance." [my bolded italics]

The great majority of the nation has not indicated any interested whatsoever in the anchor baby argument other than to ask its collective self, "why do the loonies keep talking about this? It's a non-issue."

You project, you imply, you prejudge what is acceptable. You create labels and attempt to project them within your limited scope. Fail. What countries compare to the diversity here in the USA??? Legal Citizens? You keep on labeling Conservatives, Republicans, Any Group in conflict with your agenda, in negative light. The symptom seems more yours than mine Jake. Where would you be without your prejudice?

When a State law is not in compliance with federal law Jake, two possibilities are that either of the laws could change through due process. The undermining factor could be what is just. I know Justice is a scary word to some but it should underlie method in administering to a free and just society. ;) We are not here at your pleasure Jake, We are not here to serve your whims. I know it's a shock, but you will some time learn to appreciate your own individual role as a human being outside of your role in society. There is more to life than power and control. ;)

People who think illegals give birth to citizens are morons. Under their argument, if we were at war and enemy female troops gave birth in our borders- the babies would be citizens!

Intense describes himself and his running podjos when he writes, "You project, you imply, you prejudge what is acceptable. You create labels and attempt to project them within your limited scope."

The great majority of the country simply do not care what you think.

You're screwing up your own argument.

Thus far you make no distinction between legal Mexican immigrants, illegal Mexican immigrants, and Mexican nationals in Mexico.

Only of you think that those who come here legally are also ignoring our border :cuckoo:

Cuckoo is right. I don't know what point you are trying to make with your statement vis a vis what I said.

You think illegal immigrants come here for shits and giggles to "spit on our sovereignity

They spit on our sovereignty by refusing to recognize our sovereignty and our borders and to recognize and respect them. As for why they come ehre- it's because they're drug runners, coyotes [:eusa_eh: :eusa_think:], gangbangers, and murderers, rapists, and thieves, who don't want to risk being detected and identified by coming here legally.

Bullshit. In fact in many cases, they seriously risk (and at times lose) their lives and pay large amounts money amounting to extortion to get across the border - and no guarantees. Seems like a big price to pay to simply "spit on our sovereignity". Maybe they like what America offers enough to take such risks.

".....it's because they're drug runners, coyotes [:eusa_eh: :eusa_think:], gangbangers, and murderers, rapists, and thieves..." - do you have anything to back up this claim or is it just more popcorn farts :eusa_whistle:

Yes. They call the region Atzlan, speak of The Race [La Raza], and refuse to respect our borders and our laws regarding who may cross them and how they are to do so.

Who's "they"? This business of "Atzlan" seems to be a fringe view among hispanics....kind of like the kooky Illuminati conspiracies....:eusa_eh:

Border patrol agents are radicals?

Those are the only pictures I've posted.

True enough. It was another poster who I had originally responded to, who posted those pictures.

No, they come here for opportunities and/or freedoms they can't get at home.

Like raping Americans, stealing from our homes, and selling drugs in America. Those who come here to work legally, pay their taxes, and earn an honest life for themselves come here legally- and in rather large numbers. They're called 'immigrants' and they're an entirely different group of persons than those illegals who sneak across the border.

The majority of those who come here illegally come here to work, pay their taxes and earn an honest life for themselves despite the dishonesty of their immigration status.

"Some of the most violent criminals at large today are illegal aliens." That's the lead sentence of a policy report published by the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington, DC institute that provides intellectual ammunition to the anti-immigration forces.

Another CIS study led with a similarly impressionistic assertion about the immigrant-crime link: "In recent years, it has become difficult to avoid perceiving immigrants, legal or not, as overwhelming this country with serious crime."

CIS is not alone in relying on impressions to form opinions about just how illegal immigrants are. On the basis of fear-mongering stories rather than scientific studies, groups like the Center for Immigration Studies have succeeded in convincing the media and the U.S. public that undocumented immigrants are criminals. A National Opinion Research Center survey found in 2000 that 73% of Americans believed that immigrants were casually related to more crime.

But, as in other dimensions of the immigration debate, the facts don't support the alarm.

There have been dozens of national studies examining immigration and crime, and they all come to the same conclusion: immigrants are more law-abiding than citizens. A 2007 study by the Immigration Policy Center (IPC) found that immigrants, whether legal or illegal, are substantially less likely to commit crimes or to be incarcerated than U.S. citizens.

Ruben G. Rumbaut, coauthor of "The Myth of Immigrant Criminality" study, said: "The misperception that immigrants, especially illegal immigrants, are responsible for higher crime rates is deeply rooted in American public opinion and is sustained by media anecdotes and popular myth." According to Rumbaut, a sociology professor at the University of California at Irvine, "This perception is not supported empirically. In fact, it is refuted by the preponderance of scientific evidence."​

It is you who refuses to distinguish between legal and illegal, between criminals and those who come to earn an honest dollar and better things for themselves and their families.

Umh...where, exactly do I "refuse to distinguish"? As far as I can tell, I'm not making unsupported claims.

Whether right or wrong it seldom has anything to do with how they regard our sovereignity

except for despising it, ignoring it, and speaking of a reconquest

I think I'll not trust a coyote' when it comes to illegal crossings of the border of the motivations of those who do so.

Cool enough. Now just click your heels together 3 times and you can return to your fantasy of an America that never was.:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back