Newt says reinstate Glass Steagal

I never claimed it did

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/193681-newt-says-reinstate-glass-steagal-10.html#post4421863

They would not have written them because they would not have been able to make money off them if they had to keep them

That was easy.

How does this prove I claimed they would have been prevented from selling and writing mortgages?

The post was clearly about bad sub prime mortgages.

You tried to pretend it was about ALL mortgages

You said they had to keep them.
That must mean they couldn't sell them.

Still your claim?

Prove the broker rules would have stopped banks from selling mortgages. Or writing them.

I never claimed it did

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/193681-newt-says-reinstate-glass-steagal-10.html#post4421863

They would not have written them because they would not have been able to make money off them if they had to keep them

That was easy.

You altered my post and then gave a phoney link to it

That was easy.

How does this prove I claimed they would have been prevented from selling and writing mortgages?

Still your claim?

Yes becuase no one wnted to buy them.

Tht means your quote about NOT being able to write them is a lie huh?

Silly boy.

They would have had to sell them out right to someone else or face the effect of them defaulting like they knew they would when they wrote them.

GLBA 1999 gave the banks the right to sell securities.

They rolled these shit bags in with good loans and sold them VIA their own brokers ( which could be any smuck they picked and trained like they wanted because Bush's SEC never implimented the broker rules in the bill for 8 years). They then sold them to unsuspecting buyers who did not realise the broker rules were never implimented.

It pays to have some idea what the laws are and do before you spout partisan crap

You still think mortgages weren't securitized under Glass Steagall?

Do you think they were?

Yes, billions and billions worth of mortgages were securitized under Glass Steagall.
Hundreds of billions.
Probably trillions.

You are now a proven liar Tod.

This is the type of people who the right has

Still your claim?

Yes becuase no one wnted to buy them.

Tht means your quote about NOT being able to write them is a lie huh?

Wants? I thought you said the regulations prevented even the attempt?

So your new claim is that banks can sell mortgages? Is that only now?
Or even under Glass Steagall?

Jan 15 2008, 8:00AM

is the date of your article.

The laws on brokers were reinstated a few months earlier.

They then could no longer dump the shit bags into securities could they?

Prove the broker rules would have stopped banks from selling mortgages. Or writing them.

I never said wht you claimed huh?

Had to keep them? Why?

Becasue the Brokers now had to be licensed by the SEC.

They had standards and responsibilites to the SEC to be able to keep their licenses.

They now had to be educted about WHAT they sold.

When the lws on brokers were suspended by the Bush SEC for 8 years the banks could hire any smuck and train them however they wanted to.

No board to test them or approve them.

That was easy.

You altered my post and then gave a phoney link to it

No I didn't.

Then why is it only one line and your link goes to someone elses post?

I am correct and youre a liar

They had standards and responsibilites to the SEC to be able to keep their licenses.

When the lws on brokers were suspended by the Bush SEC for 8 years the banks could hire any smuck and train them however they wanted to.

Licensed brokers sell mortgages every day. Sub primes too.

Im going to leave now and do real world things.

I will be back to refute any futher lies you post.

Yes they do.

But they do not sell the amount of trash the bank trained and hired smucks they got to use for 8 years because the Bush SEC refused to impliment the parts of GLBact that the banks didnt like

Yes they do.

But they do not sell the amount of trash the bank trained and hired smucks they got to use for 8 years because the Bush SEC refused to impliment the parts of GLBact that the banks didnt like

There is no limit to the "amount of trash" a broker, bank or otherwise, can sell.

Forum List

Back