Newt hits Romney hard on Bain Capital

Bain and companies like them are a necessary part of our economic fabric.

They do the same God Damn thing Obama and Bush did with the Bail outs and stimulus. Only more successfully. Bains job is not to save your job its to be a profitable business just like every other company.

STOP FUCKING WHINING ABOUT IT ya look like a bunch of spoiled children

Bain and companies like them are parasites that have convinced stupid people they are vital organs.

The biggest lie of plutocracy is that wealth creates jobs.

Horseshit.

Consumer demand creates jobs.

And without Bains infusion of cash into failing businesses many thousands of more jobs would have been lost to all the failing companies they saved.

I realize you've been brainwashed to believe this, but this isn't how it works in the rest of the world....

I agree with Mitt. You bought a house and now it's worth less than what you paid for it? Tough shit.

wow. And you will probably be shocked when Romney loses in November because you don't understand how truly evil that statement is.

:eusa_shhh:Not as evil as Ubama cutting AZ out of the picture when it came to protecting the boarder. Just shows Ubama has a much more evil mind.

You know, basic literacy... you should learn it before you come on here and make a fool of yourself.

Yeah, um, protecting us from those evil illegals that we hire to do dirty jobs....

Of course, Obama has sent more of them back than Bush did.

I would much rather take all the bankers who drove the country into a ditch, put them on trial, and put them in prison to be sodomized by a serial killer.

That would make me feel a lot better.

This isn't about making money at this point for me. I'm just happy to get by. But I want to see those responsible pay for what they did.

I'm kind of vengeful, you see. I think our real problem is we don't get revenge enough in society as an object lesson.

The problem with the bankers and the speculators is that they screwed it up, the rest of us paid for it once with the economic downturn they caused, and again with the government sponsored bailout they demanded.

Capitalize reward, socialize Risk. It ain't a left right thing, man.

You are clearly whining because you lost money. That is very, very obvious. So you want a scapegoat to satisfy you own loss since you lost and others didn't.

That's pretty pathetic.

Sounds like he's a failed house flipper who flipped too late and flopped. :eusa_whistle:

:eusa_drool:And flopped so hard he ended up in the basement.

They take on firms that are already collapsing. Their success rate was about 70% when the new business failure rate is about 50%

Youre letting your hatred for Romney cloud your judgment.

I would argue that those firms were just fine until ROmney got involved.

So would the people working for them.

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." - Abraham Lincoln.

Well dude...that labor would not have existed if the capital wasn't there to build that business for the labor to exist. Take a business course. It might clear your questions.

Take a literacy course, it might expand your "boarders"...

Again, the biggest lie of Capitalism is that there would be no jobs without the wealthy. This is horseshit.

There are jobs because there's a demand, and 70% of that comes from consumers.

For instance, you could take a million dollars and invest it in a company that makes fecal sandwiches, but you wouldn't sell that many of them.

There's no demand to eat a shit sandwich.

ON the other hand, there are demands for consumer goods. But when you cheat working people out of good wages at every oppurtunity, which is the model of the Bain's of the world, to make a few rich douchebags richer, you reduce demand. You reduce demand, you reduce jobs.

It's really that simple, but you guys just don't get it.

Bain and companies like them are parasites that have convinced stupid people they are vital organs.

The biggest lie of plutocracy is that wealth creates jobs.

Horseshit.

Consumer demand creates jobs.

And without Bains infusion of cash into failing businesses many thousands of more jobs would have been lost to all the failing companies they saved.

I realize you've been brainwashed to believe this, but this isn't how it works in the rest of the world....

:(Tell me. Why is it so hard for you to see that those business were failing businesses. If Bain hadn't helped out they would have been totally destroyed. And even more jobs would have been lost. Bain takes a chance every time it helps out a failing business and not every one is expected to recover. The ones that do prosper go on and many get back on their feet. Meaning more jobs for others. So take the blinders off and for once look at the good side of the sitsuation.

wow. And you will probably be shocked when Romney loses in November because you don't understand how truly evil that statement is.

:eusa_shhh:Not as evil as Ubama cutting AZ out of the picture when it came to protecting the boarder. Just shows Ubama has a much more evil mind.

You know, basic literacy... you should learn it before you come on here and make a fool of yourself.

Yeah, um, protecting us from those evil illegals that we hire to do dirty jobs....

Of course, Obama has sent more of them back than Bush did.

HaHa. You are really a laugh.

Newts spending about 3 mill on adds going after Romney for his job killing career at Bain Capital. I'm sure someone can find the ad but.....

Is Newt against what Romney did at Bain? Because while he complains I don't believe there are any conservatives (including Newt) who are against companies like Bain. Are they? I thought Newt would like the free market but the ads suggest...he...disagrees?

Newt is obviously a wrecking ball hired by Soros. I'm shocked none of you have figured this out.

its as plain as the nose on your face :cool:

:(Tell me. Why is it so hard for you to see that those business were failing businesses. If Bain hadn't helped out they would have been totally destroyed. And even more jobs would have been lost. Bain takes a chance every time it helps out a failing business and not every one is expected to recover. The ones that do prosper go on and many get back on their feet. Meaning more jobs for others. So take the blinders off and for once look at the good side of the sitsuation.

Probably because those businesses were hardly failing.

How Mitt Romney made his huge fortune - Boston Globe expose

Through Ampad, Bain bought several other office supply makers, borrowing heavily each time. By 1999, Ampad's debt reached nearly $400 million, up from $11 million in 1993, according to government filings.

Sales grew, too - for a while. But by the late 1990s, foreign competition and increased buying power by superstores like Bain-funded Staples sliced Ampad's revenues.

The result: Ampad couldn't pay its debts and plunged into bankruptcy. Workers lost jobs and stockholders were left with worthless shares.

Bain Capital, however, made money - and lots of it. The firm put just $5 million into the deal, but realized big returns in short order. In 1995, several months after shuttering a plant in Indiana and firing roughly 200 workers, Bain Capital borrowed more money to have Ampad buy yet another company, and pay Bain and its investors more than $60 million - in addition to fees for arranging the deal.

Bain Capital took millions more out of Ampad by charging it $2 million a year in management fees, plus additional fees for each Ampad acquisition. In 1995 alone, Ampad paid Bain at least $7 million. The next year, when Ampad began selling shares on public stock exchanges, Bain Capital grabbed another $2 million fee for arranging the initial public offering - on top of the $45 million to $50 million Bain reaped by selling some of its shares.

Bain Capital didn't escape Ampad's eventual bankruptcy unscathed. It held about one-third of Ampad's shares, which became worthless. But while as many as 185 workers near Buffalo lost jobs in a 1999 plant closing, Bain Capital and its investors ultimately made more than $100 million on the deal.

Newts spending about 3 mill on adds going after Romney for his job killing career at Bain Capital. I'm sure someone can find the ad but.....

Is Newt against what Romney did at Bain? Because while he complains I don't believe there are any conservatives (including Newt) who are against companies like Bain. Are they? I thought Newt would like the free market but the ads suggest...he...disagrees?

I don't believe there are any conservatives who are against "companies like Bain". I'm not against companies like Bain. They serve an important function in capitalism. There is nothing wrong with Bain.

What is wrong is misrepresenting your tenure as a "job creator" and not a "money maker". Wrong is saying you left a company in 1999 but hung around for three more years. If you did leave, then investors were tricked into thinking one person was running the company when it was someone else. That's fraud. Or if you were there, then lying to the government saying you weren't is a felony. You can't do both. Even for a two face. You can hold both positions, BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME!

I would argue that those firms were just fine until ROmney got involved.

So would the people working for them.

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." - Abraham Lincoln.

Well dude...that labor would not have existed if the capital wasn't there to build that business for the labor to exist. Take a business course. It might clear your questions.

Take a literacy course, it might expand your "boarders"...

Again, the biggest lie of Capitalism is that there would be no jobs without the wealthy. This is horseshit.

There are jobs because there's a demand, and 70% of that comes from consumers.

For instance, you could take a million dollars and invest it in a company that makes fecal sandwiches, but you wouldn't sell that many of them.

There's no demand to eat a shit sandwich.

ON the other hand, there are demands for consumer goods. But when you cheat working people out of good wages at every oppurtunity, which is the model of the Bain's of the world, to make a few rich douchebags richer, you reduce demand. You reduce demand, you reduce jobs.

It's really that simple, but you guys just don't get it.

:eusa_shifty:No dude. Its a shame. Its ones like you that don't get it. You think its just demands for consume goods that create jobs. Well thats only part of it. Someone has to make the investment first in order for that demand to be met.

If everyone wants 10 hamburgs a month that demand is going to go up. But first someone has to get that started first. And that is the ones that would invest in that demand not the ones eating them.

Forum List

Back