Newt hits Romney hard on Bain Capital

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Newts spending about 3 mill on adds going after Romney for his job killing career at Bain Capital. I'm sure someone can find the ad but.....

Is Newt against what Romney did at Bain? Because while he complains I don't believe there are any conservatives (including Newt) who are against companies like Bain. Are they? I thought Newt would like the free market but the ads suggest...he...disagrees?

Newts spending about 3 mill on adds going after Romney for his job killing career at Bain Capital. I'm sure someone can find the ad but.....

Is Newt against what Romney did at Bain? Because while he complains I don't believe there are any conservatives (including Newt) who are against companies like Bain. Are they? I thought Newt would like the free market but the ads suggest...he...disagrees?

I think Newt and others should leave Romney alone. Let him rise or fall on his own merits and not the result of attacks from within his own party. Stupid, vindictive actions coming from people I respected very highly until yesterday are going to come back and bite them and the door will swing widely open for Obama, for 4 more years. :dev3:

Planting even more doubt in the minds of conservatives and independents, against a political idealogy you want to see succeed, will backfire, in my opinion.

Desperately lashing out now is not going to work for Newt. After all his "I won't go negative" talk it makes him look unsteady. And doing it from his diminished position now only highlights his lack of strength. And he doesn't have the funds to keep it up. And it's too late for him anyway.

I think Newt and others should leave Romney alone. Let him rise or fall on his own merits and not the result of attacks from within his own party. Stupid, vindictive actions coming from people I respected very highly until yesterday are going to come back and bite them and the door will swing widely open for Obama, for 4 more years. :dev3:

Planting even more doubt in the minds of conservatives and independents, against a political idealogy you want to see succeed, will backfire, in my opinion.

i think that if mitt is elected republicans are going to be just as disappointed in how he governs as many democrats have been with obama (although i'm not sure too many would admit it). bush ii, obama and romney all govern pretty much the same (it's just WHERE they waste our money that's different).

This attack, like every other attack against Romney, will fall flat. Voters want someone that can beat Obama. Newt is not that guy. He'd make a good cabinet member, or even VEEP....

This attack falls flat coming from Republicans who support the actions of companies like Bain. Newt and others are pretending they are against it while secretly wishing t was them. Sorta like the bj Clinton got.
If Bain called Newt....Newt would be right in the picture with Romney.

Newt is obviously a wrecking ball hired by Soros. I'm shocked none of you have figured this out.

This attack falls flat coming from Republicans who support the actions of companies like Bain. Newt and others are pretending they are against it while secretly wishing t was them. Sorta like the bj Clinton got.
If Bain called Newt....Newt would be right in the picture with Romney.

Do you really think anyone was secretly wishing for a bj from that hideous fat chick? Hell, the only reason even a dog like Clinton would go there is..well...look at hillary...

Except of course that Bain Capital is a private investment firm that invests in businesses and creates jobs. They are clearly bad guys.

Club for Growth Blasts Gingrich for Bain Attacks
National Review Online ^ | January 9, 2012 | Patrick Brennan

Club for Growth Blasts Gingrich for Bain Attacks - By Patrick Brennan - The Corner - National Review Online

In a press release this afternoon, Club for Growth criticized Newt Gingrich for his attacks on Mitt Romney’s career at Bain Capital, calling them unbecoming a “Reagan Conservative.” Club for Growth’s statement:

Yesterday, Gingrich said “Those of us who believe in free markets and those of us who believe that in fact the whole goal of investment is entrepreneurship and job creation…we find it pretty hard to justify rich people figuring out clever legal ways to loot a company, leaving behind 1,700 families without a job.” Gingrich’s attack was echoed that same day that by the Democratic National Committee, which also attacked Romney for his job creation record at Bain Capital.

“Newt Gingrich’s attacks on Mitt Romney’s record at Bain Capital are disgusting,” said Club for Growth President Chris Chocola. “There are a number of issues for Mitt Romney’s Republican opponents to attack him for, but attacking him for making investments in companies to create a profit for his investors is just wrong. Because of the efforts of Bain Capital, major companies like Staples, Domino’s Pizza, and the Sports Authority now employ thousands of people and have created billions in wealth in the private economy. Attacking Governor Romney for participating in free-market capitalism is just beyond the pale for any purported ‘Reagan Conservative.’ Newt Gingrich should stop his attacks on free markets and apologize to Governor Romney for them.”

This attack, like every other attack against Romney, will fall flat. Voters want someone that can beat Obama. Newt is not that guy. He'd make a good cabinet member, or even VEEP....

About HALF the voters want someone who can beat Obama.

That doesn't necessarily mean they want to choose Mitt "I like to be able to fire people" Romney.

If the Republicans don't broach this issue now, Obama will in the fall.

I said back in 2008, you don't win over an electorate afraid of losing their jobs with a guy who made his money by firing people from their jobs. This, along with his crazy religion, makes Romney unelectable, but you clowns keep insisting on nominating him anyway.

Newt seems to have climbed on the "class warfare" train! If it gets any kind of traction, Mitt will be getting a lot more this fall. Maybe Newt's angling for Biden's job.

Newt seems to have climbed on the "class warfare" train! If it gets any kind of traction, Mitt will be getting a lot more this fall. Maybe Newt's angling for Biden's job.

You see, I don't buy it when people scream "Class Warfare".

The whole argument for letting the rich be rich, and not taxing them at the enormas Pre-Reagan rates or even Pre-Bush rates is that they are the "Job Creators" who make the jobs.

And here's Romney being a Job Destroyer, and saying how much he likes being able to fire people.

The whole argument for letting the rich be rich, and not taxing them at the enormas Pre-Reagan rates or even Pre-Bush rates is that they are the "Job Creators" who make the jobs.

And here's Romney being a Job Destroyer, and saying how much he likes being able to fire people.

I agrre. I just think it's funny he would go that way and basically trash Mitt's fall campaign. If unemployment numbers keep going down, how often do you think Obama will be using Newt's quotes and Mitt's response?

I agrre. I just think it's funny he would go that way and basically trash Mitt's fall campaign. If unemployment numbers keep going down, how often do you think Obama will be using Newt's quotes and Mitt's response?

I think Obama can use Mitt's quotes and record without having to bring Newt up one way or the other.

The comparison I like to make is to another Mass Governor. Al Gore was the first guy to bring up the issue of furloughs and how criminals were being let out of Massachusetts prisons on weekend passes, but it really didn't resonate with the Democratic electorate, which isn't really into crime and punishment.

But in the hands of Lee Atwater, who discovered the comedy gold of Willie Horton, and did the "revolving door" commercial, it was magic.

Same problem here, I think. I'm not sure how well this is going to resonate with the GOP electorate. The Establishment, will of course, go batshit crazy over this. They work for the people who lay you off, and Romney's one of them.

But in the fall, Obama's going to find those AmPad and GST workers and do commercials that are just as effective.

Unless the GOP has an attack of good sense and realize this is NOT the guy you really want to run.

I think it will resonate, if the people that are screaming "class warfare" are seen to be hypocrites. One admits that it exists and the other confirms he was waging it. That's campaign gold for Obama.

You're expecting consistency from a GOPer?

Why?

Forum List

Back