New Quinnipac Poll- Cain 30, Romney 23

If Cain is knocked out by this controversy Perry will not absorb his supporters. Newt, Bachmann or Paul or some combination of them will. I think Perry fizzled out long before this started. Someone else failing doesn't make him look any better.

But none of the others have the money or organization to compete, and Perry does. That's really what this comes down to.

Keep in mind, at this point in 2007, people were writing John McCain's obituary. But he was able to reorganize his campaign and get funding because he was more credible than Huckabee after the people who really run the GOP realized that the rank and file weren't buying their attempts to foist Rudy or Romney on them.

I still think this will come down to Perry and Romney, and then we get to find out who really runs the GOP. The establishment or the TEA Party.
nope... Newt.

Perry screwed the pooch with his policies on border security and illegals education benefits. And, who in thier right mind wants to have him on a stage with Obama for a debate? The guy sucks. Plus, Cain painted himdelf in a box and now has to take Perry down with him.

Are Cain's supporters going to go to Romney? Hell no, the whole rationale for Cain was he's "not Romney"

Are they going to run back to Bacchman? Hell no, they already deserted that sinking ship as they know she's ultimately just another Christine Odonnell, and the cheerleader campaign schtick gets old after about a minute.

Santorum? Pffft... not likely, he's like the neocon's neocon. And I have been called a neocon by one or another of the paulbots so if he's too neo for me.... he's too neo.

Huntsman? Laughable.

I've said from the beginning there is only one candidate in this race who's acceptable to all of the different factions of the party, and that's Newt. The rest are niche candidates and when their niche deserts them they will eventually settle on Newt.

Last edited:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

What is frightening is that part of this survey occured AFTER we found out Cain was a masher.

So what we have in the GOP nomination is a choice between a Weird Mormon Robot and a Circus Clown with a Pizza Box.

As a life long Republican, I'm depressed.

Buck up Joe! Surely you haven't given up on the drunk guy, Perry just yet have you? Just because he's polling in single digits is no reason to abandon him now.

Let this be your consolation prize...if Cain's the nominee, he'll have to debate President Obama. That should comfort you for comedy reasons alone.

Way to rub it in... :lol:

I was just trying to lift Joe's flagging spirits. Perry's not performing well, Cain is self imploding and his party is going to be stuck with repackaged Reversible Mittens.

A Romney/Obama match up is going to be pretty boring to political fans. All we can ALL hope for is that Cain get's the nomination. Obama will win either way, but at least the debates will be entertaining. :lol:

Buck up Joe! Surely you haven't given up on the drunk guy, Perry just yet have you? Just because he's polling in single digits is no reason to abandon him now.

Let this be your consolation prize...if Cain's the nominee, he'll have to debate President Obama. That should comfort you for comedy reasons alone.

You know what, we are doing this to ourselves...

So many more qualified guys we could have gone with, and this is what we came up with?

I'm kinda thinking the GOP really doesn't want to win this one. And that may be coming from the Bushies, who really want to run Jeb.

I was just trying to lift Joe's flagging spirits. Perry's not performing well, Cain is self imploding and his party is going to be stuck with repackaged Reversible Mittens.

A Romney/Obama match up is going to be pretty boring to political fans. All we can ALL hope for is that Cain get's the nomination. Obama will win either way, but at least the debates will be entertaining. :lol:

It's funny..because out of this crew, Romney's got the only chance to beat Obama. And he's already getting torn apart as a flip flopper. He makes Kerry look real solid on issues.

Romney's been changing his mind from hour to hour.. :lol:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

What is frightening is that part of this survey occured AFTER we found out Cain was a masher.

So what we have in the GOP nomination is a choice between a Weird Mormon Robot and a Circus Clown with a Pizza Box.

As a life long Republican, I'm depressed.

Ya, Obama was a crappy debater.

No matter how this current flap eventually ends up I don't think it'll hurt Cain at all. When it comes to one's relations with women - real or alleged - Clinton set the bar so low it's just about a moot point these days.

I'm intrigued thus far by Cain's various poll numbers, straw poll wins (Alabama? the deep south!) and whatnot. Is he really just the flavor of the month, destined to flameout soon as some pundits and establishment pols on both sides are claiming? I dunno. Only time will tell, but I'm starting to think there might be an X factor the various so-called experts are overlooking or at least not taking seriously thus far.

Look at all the polls you want about Obama and the assorted Republican candidates and then look at the polls about what folks think about Congress. It's clear people are sick and tired of inside the beltway Washington. Cain has his negatives as do other candidates, the president, and Congress members. But the one thing he's got none of the others do is he ain't one of them. He's an outsider, one who is well educated and has an impressive resume of business accomplishments. And that's what turns me on about the guy and I'd feel the same way if it was Joe Blow instead because God knows we've been down the road of establishment politicians becoming our presidents and, as Cain said in the first "debate," how's that been working out for us?

Anyway, it's gonna be interesting in the days and months ahead to see how things turn out.

No matter how this current flap eventually ends up I don't think it'll hurt Cain at all. When it comes to one's relations with women - real or alleged - Clinton set the bar so low it's just about a moot point these days.

I'm intrigued thus far by Cain's various poll numbers, straw poll wins (Alabama? the deep south!) and whatnot. Is he really just the flavor of the month, destined to flameout soon as some pundits and establishment pols on both sides are claiming? I dunno. Only time will tell, but I'm starting to think there might be an X factor the various so-called experts are overlooking or at least not taking seriously thus far.

Look at all the polls you want about Obama and the assorted Republican candidates and then look at the polls about what folks think about Congress. It's clear people are sick and tired of inside the beltway Washington. Cain has his negatives as do other candidates, the president, and Congress members. But the one thing he's got none of the others do is he ain't one of them. He's an outsider, one who is well educated and has an impressive resume of business accomplishments. And that's what turns me on about the guy and I'd feel the same way if it was Joe Blow instead because God knows we've been down the road of establishment politicians becoming our presidents and, as Cain said in the first "debate," how's that been working out for us?

Anyway, it's gonna be interesting in the days and months ahead to see how things turn out.

I thought Ted Kennedy set the bar by drowning them ?

Well I guess you could make that argument. But to me it's apples and oranges. With Kennedy all that was left was a stiff. With Clinton it was various women making allegations and then culminating in a confirmed - although first vehemently denied by lies - series or oral sex trysts in the WH with a staffer. All of which was met with ho-hums by the Dimocrats. Thus my point about the bar having been so lowered by a sitting president. And no reason IMO that a presidential candidate should be held to any higher standard.

Well I guess you could make that argument. But to me it's apples and oranges. With Kennedy all that was left was a stiff. With Clinton it was various women making allegations and then culminating in a confirmed - although first vehemently denied by lies - series or oral sex trysts in the WH with a staffer. All of which was met with ho-hums by the Dimocrats. Thus my point about the bar having been so lowered by a sitting president. And no reason IMO that a presidential candidate should be held to any higher standard.

And there is still the fact that no "facts" have come out about Cains incident. From what I have heard, the one who was paid off told the lawyer who said she wanted to speak up, in fact told the lawyer to shut up. This is still murky.

nope... Newt.

Perry screwed the pooch with his policies on border security and illegals education benefits. And, who in thier right mind wants to have him on a stage with Obama for a debate? The guy sucks. Plus, Cain painted himdelf in a box and now has to take Perry down with him.

Are Cain's supporters going to go to Romney? Hell no, the whole rationale for Cain was he's "not Romney"

Are they going to run back to Bacchman? Hell no, they already deserted that sinking ship as they know she's ultimately just another Christine Odonnell, and the cheerleader campaign schtick gets old after about a minute.

Santorum? Pffft... not likely, he's like the neocon's neocon. And I have been called a neocon by one or another of the paulbots so if he's too neo for me.... he's too neo.

Huntsman? Laughable.

I've said from the beginning there is only one candidate in this race who's acceptable to all of the different factions of the party, and that's Newt. The rest are niche candidates and when their niche deserts them they will eventually settle on Newt.

Newt's got no money. He's waiting for federal funds so he can pay off his Tiffany's bill.

I could vote for Newt, but I am suspicious of his judgement.

Take impeachment. He knew going in that at the end of the day, they were never going to get 67 Senators to vote to remove Clinton. But he insisted on going through with the dance anyway, and in the end, he was out of a job and Clinton still had his. that kind of reckless brinksman ship is not what I'd want to see with Hu, Putin, Ahmadihijad or Kim Jong-Mentally-Ill.

nope... Newt.

Huntsman? Laughable.

Newt's got no money. He's waiting for federal funds so he can pay off his Tiffany's bill.
where do you get your wrong information?

I could vote for Newt, but I am suspicious of his judgement.

Take impeachment. He knew going in that at the end of the day, they were never going to get 67 Senators to vote to remove Clinton. But he insisted on going through with the dance anyway, and in the end, he was out of a job and Clinton still had his. that kind of reckless brinksman ship is not what I'd want to see with Hu, Putin, Ahmadihijad or Kim Jong-Mentally-Ill.
nope, Newt actually councelled against it, his caucus demanded action and he could not disuade them. Not that it matters because everybody "knows" Newt led that charge. In the end he did agree that Perjury, sobornation of poerjury and obstruction of justice are impeachable offences... and he was right.

Newts game of brinksmanship was in shutting doiwn the government by not passing a debt increase to force Clinton to reform entitlements, cut spending and ballance the budget, and though he lostthe PR war in the aftermath, he won the substance war and did all three.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back