New Quinnipac Poll- Cain 30, Romney 23

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

What is frightening is that part of this survey occured AFTER we found out Cain was a masher.

So what we have in the GOP nomination is a choice between a Weird Mormon Robot and a Circus Clown with a Pizza Box.

As a life long Republican, I'm depressed.

Buck up Joe! Surely you haven't given up on the drunk guy, Perry just yet have you? Just because he's polling in single digits is no reason to abandon him now.

Let this be your consolation prize...if Cain's the nominee, he'll have to debate President Obama. That should comfort you for comedy reasons alone.

What is frightening is that part of this survey occured AFTER we found out Cain was a masher.

So what we have in the GOP nomination is a choice between a Weird Mormon Robot and a Circus Clown with a Pizza Box.

Buck up Joe! Surely you haven't given up on the drunk guy, Perry just yet have you? Just because he's polling in single digits is no reason to abandon him now.

Let this be your consolation prize...if Cain's the nominee, he'll have to debate President Obama. That should comfort you for comedy reasons alone.

I don't think Cain's going to last out the week at this rate. So that puts us back to Perry and the Weird Mormon Robot. Which if you've been playing along at home, is what I've said all along it was going to be. They are the only two who have enough money to compete at this point.

Two problems.

1. The poll was conducted from 10/25 to 10/31, so no it was not conducted after the story broke.

2. There numbers are suspect in any event.

1. If the 2012 election for the U.S. House of Representatives were being held today, would you vote for the Republican candidate or for the Democratic candidate in your district?

>>>>>>>>>>>Tot.....Rep.....Dem.....Ind.....Men.....Wom.....Wht.....Blk.....Hsp

Republican>>>> 34%....83%......3%....33%....37%....31%.....39%....3%....25%
Democratic>>>> 42........4........83.......33........38.......46........36......78......59
you tell me how you have an equal number of indepents and equal numbers of democratics and republicans supporting either party and you end up with 42-34 unless you have a HUGE advantage for democratics in the poll.

Ben, what unit is that the battalion crest for in your Avi?

131st+Infantry+Regiment.JPG

My old regiment...

I don't think Cain's going to last out the week at this rate. So that puts us back to Perry and the Weird Mormon Robot. Which if you've been playing along at home, is what I've said all along it was going to be. They are the only two who have enough money to compete at this point.

If Cain is knocked out by this controversy Perry will not absorb his supporters. Newt, Bachmann or Paul or some combination of them will. I think Perry fizzled out long before this started. Someone else failing doesn't make him look any better.

Good to see vicious smears not working. Lets hope this trend continues. We have way too many serious problems facing this nation. I don't care who mows Mitt Romney's lawn or that Herman Cain dared to compare a woman's height to his wife's. Come on America. We can be better than this.

does anyone really trust the quinnipac polls for accuracy? not me. especially when they poll obama beating any of the GOP candidates. now keep in mind, 2008, 47% voted against Obama, so we know that 47% of us are not gonna vote for Obama. Those were the more informed voters. So we can safely say that 47/48 per-cent are in that "Anyone But Obama" category. Obama never really polls more than 40% , therefore it goes right back to the independents, and they hate Obama !!!

Good to see vicious smears not working. Lets hope this trend continues. We have way too many serious problems facing this nation. I don't care who mows Mitt Romney's lawn or that Herman Cain dared to compare a woman's height to his wife's. Come on America. We can be better than this.
Better than Cain, Romney, or Perry? Yes, agreed; one of the many reasons why Obama will be reelected.

Cain has absolutely no shot.

Yesterday, I heard him being asked about abortion, and I still don't understand his position.

when it comes to the real polls, well like i mentioned in a previous post,,it really just boils down to those 5 or 7 states. you can take all the polls you want, it will be 53/47 ish....but all u have to do is look at the 2008 map, and also look at the states Obama is in trouble with. all the GOP needs to do is flip those 5 crucial states, and he wins. and Im sure most of you know what states I am referring to. {if not,,,take a guess}

If Cain is knocked out by this controversy Perry will not absorb his supporters. Newt, Bachmann or Paul or some combination of them will. I think Perry fizzled out long before this started. Someone else failing doesn't make him look any better.

But none of the others have the money or organization to compete, and Perry does. That's really what this comes down to.

Keep in mind, at this point in 2007, people were writing John McCain's obituary. But he was able to reorganize his campaign and get funding because he was more credible than Huckabee after the people who really run the GOP realized that the rank and file weren't buying their attempts to foist Rudy or Romney on them.

I still think this will come down to Perry and Romney, and then we get to find out who really runs the GOP. The establishment or the TEA Party.

when it comes to the real polls, well like i mentioned in a previous post,,it really just boils down to those 5 or 7 states. you can take all the polls you want, it will be 53/47 ish....but all u have to do is look at the 2008 map, and also look at the states Obama is in trouble with. all the GOP needs to do is flip those 5 crucial states, and he wins. and Im sure most of you know what states I am referring to. {if not,,,take a guess}

It doesn't matter. They aren't going to flip those states with the Crazy Pizza Man or the Weird Mormon Robot.

Way to rub it in... :lol:

Way to rub it in... :lol:

You know what, we are doing this to ourselves...

So many more qualified guys we could have gone with, and this is what we came up with?

Forum List

Back