New Patriots Head Coach

David Givens
Ben Watson
Deion Branch
David Patten.

Just to name a few. They were not 1A receivers (like Moss) by any stretch of the imagination, yet they had careers that absolutely exploded in New England....and who was their quarterback?
You said “great”.. none of those players were “great”

Brady was a great QB but he was surrounded by talented players at New England.

Brady made them great in New England.

Deion Branch went to Philly for a few years before he came back to New England.
Remember hearing about anything he did in Philly?....yeah, me neither.

Branch was a solid WR with Brady, but not “great”

His best 2 seasons were 800-900 yds and 5-6 TD’s

Brady didn’t make WR’s great as much as a few other QBs did.

Brady was a great QB but he was surrounded by talented players at New England.
No more so than ANY OTHER team in the playoffs and certainly not much more than any team they faced in the supper bowl. It took a few years to sink in, but BI’ll did a great job recognizing Tom as a leader on offense. Bill didn’t make Tom what he was. He couldn’t do it with anyother QB.
All NFL teams have great talent.

I’m aware. It was the problem. Bill was a great coach and a terrible GM. At least from a drafting perspective. It’s not surprising. They are both full time jobs Probably 80 hour a week full time jobs. Can’t do both well. He also kept hiring his kids and retreading coaches. NE under Belichick could t draft speed. They are the slowest team in the NFL. Doesn’t work in modern game.
And I just hear on Boston sports radio this morning that the Patriots are NOT going to hire a GM but instead platoon the duties between two doofuses (Groh and Wolf) that had a hand in making the team the cluster it was this year.
Well, that pretty much answers all of my questions about the Pats operations over the years. Kraft comes across as the cheapskate.
Get used to sucking for a few years Pats fans.

I feel really bad for Mayo. Right now, I'd give him two or three seasons.

I feel really bad for Mayo. Right now, I'd give him two or three seasons.
The quickest path to success is to hire Tom Brady as O coordinator. Not likely….but it’s out there now. Tom has no wife to placate anymore.

No more so than ANY OTHER team in the playoffs and certainly not much more than any team they faced in the supper bowl. It took a few years to sink in, but BI’ll did a great job recognizing Tom as a leader on offense. Bill didn’t make Tom what he was. He couldn’t do it with anyother QB.
All NFL teams have great talent.
The Patriots drafted better than almost every other NFL team at that time.

That’s not true.

The first 3 super bowls the Pats won there were a LOT of QB’s who could have been far more effective than Brady.
Entirely not. Tim was still the coach on the field. It’s obvious. Players say the same thing. They worked for Bill, they played for Tom.

Tampa Bay had a solid team. They opened their check books for Tom during free agency. Everyone they acquired became invaluable because Tom knew what they needed before “they” did. The next two years, core players hit free agency and money talks and they walked…It’s like the last few years when in NE.

Entirely not. Tim was still the coach on the field. It’s obvious. Players say the same thing. They worked for Bill, they played for Tom.
Brady put up overall average numbers and was carried to Super Bowls by a legendary all-time defense.

He went through an entire playoffs without throwing a single TD pass and won a Super Bowl.

Brady put up overall average numbers and was carried to Super Bowls by a legendary all-time defense.

He went through an entire playoffs without throwing a single TD pass and won a Super Bowl.
Yes he played on some great teams.

Forum List

Back