New Patriots Head Coach

Sitting Malcolm Butler for the Patriots-Eagles Superbowl in 2018 because he violated "The Patriot Way". All the Pats needed was ONE defensive play to win that game.
It was the ONLY Superbowl Belichick actually gave away and handed the opponent. He out-thought and out-coached himself in the perfect season Superbowl against the Giants.

I wanted Bill gone after the Iggles SB. :)
Then, Bill cemented his arrogance by replacing Brady with cheap has been Cam Newton and Brian Hoyer. He had no plan. He’s been winging it since Tom left.

Coaches and owners are often very difficult partnerships with competing goals.

Not every coach is successful in every situation they find themselves in. But boy howdy are they always blamed for it. Especially when owners think they know more than the coach and create situations the coach can't perform in.

Tom and and his OC's had a system. The OC's would call the play. Brady would break the huddle, come to the line, and might change the play based on the defense he saw...if he needed to. There are few NFL quarterbacks with the cache to do that and would be allowed to do that and I see some of them doing it (Mahomes for example).

By all reports, Brady may be looking to get in as a partner or an advisor with the Las Vegas Raiders. He's been seen hanging around their site several times this fall.
It’s been 5 years since the Patriots have won a playoff game. Bill sucks. Anyone else is better. They’re back to the pre Bledsoe years. It could be a decade till the Patriots make another SB appearance.

I never understood the backstory of Malcolm Butler
You lose to the Seahawks if he didn’t save you.

Then to sit him for some unknown infraction made no sense
Bill had no ligit reason. That’s why we never knew. The last I heard, Butler had a run in with a defensive coach and Bill left it up to him to punish Butler…..

Then, Bill cemented his arrogance by replacing Brady with cheap has been Cam Newton and Brian Hoyer. He had no plan. He’s been winging it since Tom left.
That’s Belichick the GM. Not Belichick the coach though.

That they promised in writing to make head coach at the beginning of this year.
They had no choice. They kneecapped Bill and screwed their own future because Robert Kraft didn't want to look bad.
Well, Bill was incompetent the last four years. He made one bad decision after another. He was just an observer happy to collect 25 million a year.

Well, Bill was incompetent the last four years. He made one bad decision after another. He was just an observer happy to collect 25 million a year.
He's made bad drafting decisions for years. Because he had Brady and still won, they didn't come back to bite him in the ass, and Kraft was happy with not spending a ton of cash. I really wanted to see a totally fresh start and cleaning out everyone who had to do with Bill. Now?, it will be more of the same.

He was both in New England. For years. He had the final say in picking the groceries.

Scott Pioli was the last real GM we had here in New England.
I’m aware. It was the problem. Bill was a great coach and a terrible GM. At least from a drafting perspective. It’s not surprising. They are both full time jobs Probably 80 hour a week full time jobs. Can’t do both well. He also kept hiring his kids and retreading coaches. NE under Belichick could t draft speed. They are the slowest team in the NFL. Doesn’t work in modern game.

He's made bad drafting decisions for years. Because he had Brady and still won, they didn't come back to bite him in the ass, and Kraft was happy with not spending a ton of cash. I really wanted to see a totally fresh start and cleaning out everyone who had to do with Bill. Now?, it will be more of the same.
Agree. I‘d have gone after Jim Harbaugh.

Agree. I‘d have gone after Jim Harbaugh.
Harbaugh would be more inclined to go to LA Chargers, Seattle, Washington, or Carolina. Places where they have the basic defensive infrastructure in place and in LA, have a QB. I wanted to see an offensive minded coach like Eric Bieniemy come in. Mayo could be his DC (he was their linebackers coach up until this morning).

Now, we may not ever know (for right now) whether it was Bill or Kraft who was the skimp on spending money for talent over the years. Because now, we have a FOB (friend of Bill) as a head coach. Same shit, different coach, different year. :(

If I was in charge, I’d have let Belichick coach as long as he wants. He has earned it, imo.
I was positive Kraft was going to contort like he did at one of his Florida massages so that Bill would stay and get the all time wins record as a Patriot.
I would have kept Bill if he gave up the GM job. Then, I'd hire a GM that wanted to spend. Now?? giving Mayo (FOB) the HC job, I'm not sure it was Bill who didn't want to spend the money. It might have been Kraft. We may not know for a year or two because we didn't go through the GM/HC hiring process. A big tell will be if Kraft does the GM duties by committee.

If I was in charge, I’d have let Belichick coach as long as he wants. He has earned it, imo.
I think everyone knew it was his last year. The injury report look like a roster. They’re all looking for free agency and moving on. The team could be worse next year regardless of any superstars they pick up in the draft.

Forum List

Back