Texans vs Browns

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Saturday should be interesting in the game with the Texans vs the Browns.
The Texans didnt have CJ Stroud or three of their starting O-linemen as well as several other starters.
Going to be interesting to say the least!!

Saturday should be interesting in the game with the Texans vs the Browns.
The Texans didnt have CJ Stroud or three of their starting O-linemen as well as several other starters.
Going to be interesting to say the least!!

Well at least we will be able to watch the game it not being held hostage by Peacock! Many are predicting the KC/Miami game could be the least watched playoff game of the recent era because NBC is trying to extort viewers subscribe first to Peacock just to watch the game? Me, I would sooner miss the Super Bowl than get played like that. I hope they lose money big time, this could help stave off the attempted takeover of streaming services over TV, but you never know, there might be enough idiots out there stupid enough to cut their own throats in the long run paying $5 just to watch KC stomp Miami as we all know they will.

As far as the game above, I expect that the Browns will win. Texans have really shown a lot of spunk this year but Flacco and the Browns are super hot.

Well at least we will be able to watch the game it not being held hostage by Peacock! Many are predicting the KC/Miami game could be the least watched playoff game of the recent era because NBC is trying to extort viewers subscribe first to Peacock just to watch the game? Me, I would sooner miss the Super Bowl than get played like that. I hope they lose money big time, this could help stave off the attempted takeover of streaming services over TV, but you never know, there might be enough idiots out there stupid enough to cut their own throats in the long run paying $5 just to watch KC stomp Miami as we all know they will.

As far as the game above, I expect that the Browns will win. Texans have really shown a lot of spunk this year but Flacco and the Browns are super hot.

Yeah,the whole peacock thing is ridiculous.
I'd be highly pissed if I had to subscribe to Peacock to watch the game.
I kinda agree with you when it comes to the Browns winning but they haven't played the Texans with CJ and all the other players who were missing.
It'll be a good game either way.

Yeah,the whole peacock thing is ridiculous.
I'd be highly pissed if I had to subscribe to Peacock to watch the game.
I kinda agree with you when it comes to the Browns winning but they haven't played the Texans with CJ and all the other players who were missing.
It'll be a good game either way.
FUBO is also carrying the Browns/Texans game and has a 7 day free trial period.

You could sign up for the free trial and cancel after the game.

Where these networks that offer such deals make out, is that most people who get the free trials, fail to circle back and cancel in time to avoid being charged.

We can't watch the KC game without subscribing to Peacock? That sucks big time. I hear though that the temperature at kick off is forecast to be 0. I sure wouldn't want to be in the stands for that game.

We can't watch the KC game without subscribing to Peacock? That sucks big time. I hear though that the temperature at kick off is forecast to be 0. I sure wouldn't want to be in the stands for that game.

If you live in Kansas City or Miami, I expect they will broadcast the game picked up from Peacock locally for the home audiences. But if you are anywhere else, you are shit outta luck. Pay up or don't watch. I choose not to pay. NFL is already making money hand over fist. It is really insulting they would try to extort viewership during the playoffs. Worse, this may violate anti-trust laws.

I have a notion to call my local NBC affiliate and tell them to go pound salt. I hope NBC and their Peacock lose HUGELY doing this. Fuck them.

No one plays me.

NBC will be broadcasting it.
True. NBC owns Peacock, but
from what I have read, it will only be shown on select NBC networks and will be subject to blackouts depending on geographical market.
I use IPTV, so I get all of the NBC networks nationwide.
Either way, I agree, it's all BS.

If you live in Kansas City or Miami, I expect they will broadcast the game picked up from Peacock locally for the home audiences. But if you are anywhere else, you are shit outta luck. Pay up or don't watch. I choose not to pay. NFL is already making money hand over fist. It is really insulting they would try to extort viewership during the playoffs. Worse, this may violate anti-trust laws.

I have a notion to call my local NBC affiliate and tell them to go pound salt. I hope NBC and their Peacock lose HUGELY doing this. Fuck them.

No one plays me.
I tend to think as you do about not letting big corp manipulate me. But the idea of taking the free trial and then cancelling is appealing too when you really really want to see the game. The Chiefs are our second favorite team behind the Cowboys. We'll probably mull it over tomorrow and decide what to do before the game starts on Saturday night.

Pay per view has pretty much taken boxing out of the mainstream for most Americans. Back in the day everyone knew all the top boxers in all the weight classes. Now I couldn't tell you even one.

Football may be going in that direction too.

True. NBC owns Peacock,
NBC will be broadcasting the Browns/Texans game. Peacock will be exclusively broadcasting the KC/Miami game. If NBC is blacking out a playoff game in selective markets, I fear this could be a very bad move. They are testing the waters for exclusive control of media through streaming.

I have not heard they are doing that.

This could be a disaster for both the NFL and NBC. Hell could freeze over before I am extorted into subscribing to Peacock, Paramount+, Hulu, Sling, Disney+ and Apple TV. Just taking me right back to the same $100-$200 a month horseshit that drove me from cable and satellite in the first place.

I have steaming available on my home theater TV and rarely use it. And I only subscribe to a few free services like Pluto and Tubi.

Every time I try it, I just find it a real PITA even to figure out what is available, scrolling through endless menus of crap, then sitting through the obnoxious forced commercials, the fact that I can't record it for my own convenience, then, it fights to avoid letting you back out to regular TV.

This crap is ruining television where now all the good programming is reserved for streaming and they put nothing but crap on TV for new programming. Screw dat.

Must be why I mostly watch reruns now.

I have thousands of premium movies and programming available to me for free. If I do anything, it will be to start buying 4K movies and a player before I subscribe to steaming. I insist I stay in control of what I watch.

NBC will be broadcasting the Browns/Texans game. Peacock will be exclusively broadcasting the KC/Miami game. If NBC is blacking out a playoff game in selective markets, I fear this could be a very bad move. They are testing the waters for exclusive control of media through streaming.

This could be a disaster for both the NFL and NBC. Hell could freeze over before I am extorted into subscribing to Peacock, Paramount+, Hulu, Sling, Disney+ and Apple TV. Just taking me right back to the same $100-$200 a month horseshit that drove me from cable and satellite in the first place.

I have steaming available on my home theater TV and rarely use it. And I only subscribe to a few free services like Pluto and Tubi.

Every time I try it, I just find it a real PITA even to figure out what is available, scrolling through endless menus of crap, then sitting through the obnoxious forced commercials, the fact that I can't record it for my own convenience, then, it fights to avoid letting you back out to regular TV.

This crap is ruining television where now all the good programming is reserved for streaming and they put nothing but crap on TV for new programming. Screw dat.

I have thousands of premium movies and programming available to me for free. If I do anything, it will be to start buying 4K movies and a player before I subscribe to steaming. I insist I stay in control of what I watch.
Yes, the Chiefs game is supposed to be aired in certain markets in NBC, but will be blacked out in certain msrkets, one of which is mine.

I would agree that this is only alienating people towards the NFL.

When I reached my end point with the gouging, was when I decided to start using Kodi addons and IPTV.

FUBO is also carrying the Browns/Texans game and has a 7 day free trial period.

You could sign up for the free trial and cancel after the game.

Where these networks that offer such deals make out, is that most people who get the free trials, fail to circle back and cancel in time to avoid being charged.
Wait a minute.
Are ya saying I have to sub to Peacock?

Here is a link showing that the Chiefs-Dolphins will be on NBC, but "blacked out" in certain areas.

Here is a link showing that the Chiefs-Dolphins will be on NBC, but "blacked out" in certain areas.

All I know is that unless you live in KC or Miami, only way you're seeing the KC/Miami game is on the Big Bird.

R.c8.jpg

Yes, the Chiefs game is supposed to be aired in certain markets in NBC, but will be blacked out in certain msrkets, one of which is mine.

Better check that. To my knowledge, the KC games is EXCLUSIVELY on Peacocks unless you live in one of the team's home markets!

That is, unless they have already felt so much heat from this football coup, that they have backed off a bit.

Better check that. To my knowledge, the KC games is EXCLUSIVELY on Peacocks unless you live in one of the team's home markets!

That is, unless they have already felt so much heat from this football coup, that they have backed off a bit.
I've checked it. My family is from that area and are all serious Chiefs fans.

As I said, I have IPTV and get every NBC network in almost every city, so I'll check back in with you on game day in this thread.👍

I've checked it. My family is from that area and are all serious Chiefs fans.

As I said, I have IPTV and get every NBC network in almost every city, so I'll check back in with you on game day in this thread.👍
I checked our Xfinity cable schedule for Saturday and Sunday and the Chiefs game is aired ONLY on Peacock. Peacock was offered automatically by Xfinity for a long time but recently converted to a subscription channel and we don't pay for any subscription channels. No HBO. No Showtime. We no longer access many other subscription channels that we used to very much enjoy automatically as well.

They may allow us a free trial for the game but if not I'll just cuss out NBC under my breath for a few hours.

Forum List

Back