Zone1 Jesus believed in sola scriptura

The Muslims should have listened to Paul instead of the demonic entity who appeared to them pretending to be the angel Gabriel.

Classsic Cherry Picking despite the preferred Paul making up the Trnity and supporting misogyny.
Quite a Mumbo Jumbo Cult .

Muhammad never claimed to be a savior. He was a messenger. He told the Arabs to return to the God of Abraham.

Return to the God of Abraham? Really? How does one return to the God of Abraham? The answer is found in the Holy Scriptures. "And if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs to the promise." -- Gal. 3:29 How does one become Christ's? "For as many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek(Gentile.......any nation other than Israel......meaning there are no Muslims, Jews, Christians...) FOR YE ARE ALL ONE IN JESUS CHRIST." -- Gal. 3:27-29

Muhammad proclaimed an ANTICHRIST DOCTRINE according to the actual content of the Holy Scriptures. Muhammad did not accept Jesus Christ as both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:39). You.....being a follower of the false prophet of god, refuse to accept the content of the Holy Scriptures and claim that Jesus was not deity, was not the Son of God literally, the Only Begotten of the Father (God).....thus you profess an Antichrist false doctrine.........according to scripture. (2 John 1:7, 1 John 2:18, 22, 1 John 4:3)

To prove the point that Muhammad was a liar and contradicted the Holy Spirit of Truth (which inspired ALL SCRIPTURE, O.T. and N.T. -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17) ....................Jesus Christ declared, Before Abraham was........."I AM". (John 8:58) Meaning Jesus was and is the God of Abraham. (John 1:1) Did the supposed prophet of Abraham's God, Muhammad enlighten his followers that Jesus should be worshiped as the God of Abraham, as the Bible commands? The scriptures declare, even the angels of heaven Worship Jesus Christ (Heb. 1:6). At the very name of Jesus Christ.......all men should bend a knee in worship of the Christ (Phil. 2:10) Example: those in the boat with Jesus worshiped Him, saying you are certainly the God's Son (Matthew 14:33). The wise men that followed the star in the east at the birth of Jesus came to worship the infant Son of God (Matthew 2:2)

Jesus was and is the "Son of God"..........Jesus claimed He was the Son of God and the Jews of Jesus' day knew and comprehended that Jesus was claiming to be the equal of the Father......or, God Himself (John 5:18). God calls His Son (Jesus) God. "But of the Son He (God) says, your throne O God is forever and ever..........." -- Hebrews 1:8 The Apostle clearly states that within Jesus, The Son of God.......dwells the fullness of God's essence or deity: worthy of worship. (Col. 2:8-9)

Last edited:
The Apostle Paul, who was hand picked by Jesus himself, taught the following:

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Here we learn that Apostles and Prophets along with other offices of priesthood are given to be part of Christ's church till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. In other words, until we come to the measure and stature of the fulness of Christ we are to have Apostles and Prophets in the church along with others who are authorized to teach the gospel. The reason that this practice has not been followed throughout all the days since Christ came upon the earth is because man has fallen away from the teaching of Christ and the Church that Christ established fell into a state of apostacy. The protestants figured this out and broke away from the Catholic church but they did not have the authority of the priesthood to establish the priesthood leadership in the church. The Lord, through the prophet Joseph Smith, restored the church again upon the face of the earth with all the priesthood keys and powers in these latter days. Whenever the true church of Jesus Christ is to be found on the earth, it will have Apostles and Prophets to to lead the members toward becoming a more Christ like people as Paul has so clearly taught.
YOu would have to know on some AUTHORITY what you allow as Scripture before you use Scripture to promote Sola Scriptura.

Classsic Cherry Picking despite the preferred Paul making up the Trnity and supporting misogyny.
Jesus Himself, MORON, said baptize in the name (NAMES ) of the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.
A quick look at your history of posting shows a truly stupid foul-mouthed sad depressed jerk

I. The example of Jesus: Quoted scripture, never tradition:
A. Jesus defeated the three temptations of the Devil with, "it is written", not "I say". Mt 4:1-11

1. The Temptation of Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11. Three times Jesus was tempted by the Devil and each time Jesus replied exactly the same three dangerous words that defeated the Devil: "IT IS WRITTEN" Read it for yourself! If any one could have used oral tradition, it was Jesus, yet he chose the only safe and sure way to defeat Satan: Scripture. We just with that the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches held scripture alone in the same high regard!
  2. Traditionalists have simply not comprehended just how devastating it is that Jesus never appealed to his own authority in his 40 days temptation in the wilderness with the Devil.
  3. Three times Jesus was tempted, three times Jesus replied, "It is written".
  4. If oral tradition, or the authority of the church was valid, then Jesus would have at least one time referred to oral tradition, or used himself as the authority, as the Catholics, Orthodox and JW's use the church organization as an authority.

B. Never did Jesus refer to oral tradition to prove or defend truth.

1. Never does Jesus refer to oral traditions in a positive way.
  2. Every time he defends truth he refers to the scriptures.
  3. The only times Jesus referred to Oral traditions, was condemning them: 'But in vain do they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.' "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men." He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. "For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death'; but you say, 'If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),' you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that." (Mark 7:7-13)

C. Jesus made over 100 references to scripture. Jesus never relies upon oral traditions but scripture alone. Let's follow the Lord's pattern of relying upon scripture!

1. "Have you not read" Matthew 12:3
  2. "have you not read in the Law" Matthew 12:5
  3. "Did you never read in the Scriptures" Matthew 21:42

D. Jesus expected the scriptures to be understood by the average man, even his enemies:

1. "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" (Luke 10:26)
  2. Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God? (Mark 12:24)
  3. But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. (Matthew 22:29)
  4. "The Son of Man is to go, just as it is written of Him" There were any oral traditions as to who the messiah was. All were wrong! Some thought he was merely a king, some merely a prophet, some merely a priest! (Matthew 26:24)
  5. "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected, This became the chief corner stone'? (Luke 20:17)
  6. "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me (John 5:39)
  7. "How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?" (Matthew 26:54)

II. The example of the apostles using Sola Scriptura:
A. Even though the apostles were inspired with genuine oral revelation, they always directed people to the scriptures for the final determination of truth. Oral tradition is worthless without the witness of scripture!

1. And according to Paul's custom, he went to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures (Acts 17:2)
  2. Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed, along with a number of prominent Greek women and men. (Acts 17:11-12)
  3. "Apollos powerfully refuted the Jews in public, demonstrating by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ." (Acts 18:28)

B. Scriptures were read in the churches every Lord's Day:

1. Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching. (1 Timothy 4:13)

III. Powerful Sola Scriptura proof texts:

A. Abide only within scripture to the exclusion of oral tradition:
1 Corinthians 4:6

the rcc catechism is a book of traditions and man made commentary, mostly total opposite of the plain bible meaning/reading.

1. Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other. 1 Corinthians 4:6
  2. Jesus said, "upon this rock I will build My church" and Paul warned: "in building the church, do not exceed scripture!"
  3. Click to View
    Click for detailed outline on 1 Cor 4:6 to prove sola Scriptura!
A silly post , insofar as you can speak of canons there were several. Sadducees differing from Pharisees Even when you get to Augustine and Jerome , one is the canon of the Greek, and the other the canon of the HEbrew. Aside from both there are the ARamaic Targums

A. Jesus defeated the three temptations of the Devil with, "it is written", not "I say". Mt 4:1-11

1. The Temptation of Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11. Three times Jesus was tempted by the Devil and each time Jesus replied exactly the same three dangerous words that defeated the Devil: "IT IS WRITTEN" Read it for yourself! If any one could have used oral tradition, it was Jesus, yet he chose the only safe and sure way to defeat Satan: Scripture. We just with that the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches held scripture alone in the same high regard!
  2. Traditionalists have simply not comprehended just how devastating it is that Jesus never appealed to his own authority in his 40 days temptation in the wilderness with the Devil.
  4. If oral tradition, or the authority of the church was valid, then Jesus would have at least one time referred to oral tradition, or used himself as the authority, as the Catholics, Orthodox and JW's use the church organization as an authority.

3. The only times Jesus referred to Oral traditions, was condemning them: 'But in vain do they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.' "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men." He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. "For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death'; but you say, 'If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),' you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that." (Mark 7:7-13)

C. Jesus made over 100 references to scripture. Jesus never relies upon oral traditions but scripture alone. Let's follow the Lord's pattern of relying upon scripture!

D. Jesus expected the scriptures to be understood by the average man, even his enemies:

2. Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God? (Mark 12:24)
  3. But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. (Matthew 22:29)
  4. "The Son of Man is to go, just as it is written of Him" There were any oral traditions as to who the messiah was. All were wrong! Some thought he was merely a king, some merely a prophet, some merely a priest! (Matthew 26:24)
  5. "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected, This became the chief corner stone'? (Luke 20:17)
  6. "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me (John 5:39)
  7. "How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?" (Matthew 26:54)

A. Even though the apostles were inspired with genuine oral revelation, they always directed people to the scriptures for the final determination of truth. Oral tradition is worthless without the witness of scripture!

1. And according to Paul's custom, he went to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures (Acts 17:2)
  2. Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed, along with a number of prominent Greek women and men. (Acts 17:11-12)
  3. "Apollos powerfully refuted the Jews in public, demonstrating by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ." (Acts 18:28)

1. Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching. (1 Timothy 4:13)

the rcc catechism is a book of traditions and man made commentary, mostly total opposite of the plain bible meaning/reading.

1. Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other. 1 Corinthians 4:6
  2. Jesus said, "upon this rock I will build My church" and Paul warned: "in building the church, do not exceed scripture!"
  3. Click to View

So Jesus was talking about the Torah?

3. Click to View
We didn't even a Scriptura to be Sola about for almost 500 years FIRST ERROR
Jesus and Paul quote from LXX at least half the time, rest from Hebrew.
The Jews had outside help for almost everyone when Hebrew was no longer the common language, hence the Aramaic Targums

You are obvioulsy wrong on Scriptural grounds because Jesus Himself in quoting says the understanding was wrong NOT THE TEXT

FIrst off, don't you words whose definition you don't know, makes you look like you are cut-and-pasting

IT is intransitive and it refers to what is desirable NOT TO WHAT IS UNDESIRABLE intransitive verb

: to select the best or most desirable
=============
Now to substantive matters
If Paul made up the Trinity that must mean 3 things
1)Judaism subscribed to a MONAD ...FALSE
2) That there is no progressive revelation...Obviously false since the Bible took a thousand years to be completer
3) Most of the early Church was Jewish
4) Most of all it violates the meaning of 3 and one since Jesus said "Baptize in the name [ not NAMES, plural] of the Father, Son,and Holy Spirit and that is the GOSPELS NOT PAUL

Anyone who knows Roman history knows that the Romans treated women like sht and that is why Christianity flourished esp among the women.

Here is a Roman scholar , not a Christian

‘Christianity gave women a dignity that no previous sexual dispensation had offered’: Tom Holland​

YOu are a disgrace....misusing words, not knowing history, misrepresenting your sources

Yet go on to ignore such passages as:
”I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be looses in heaven.”
Do honestly believe, the Jesus who immersed Himself in Scripture (the allowing abortion and gay marria sanction any teachings that violates HOS written word? Yet your church imposed so many lies from hell which they adopted from paganism.

And those churches that are permitting abortion and gay marriage are absolutely NOT looking to Scripture for guidance

Jesus believed in sola scriptura​

No. Example:

-----
Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”
-----

-----

Do honestly believe, the Jesus who immersed Himself in Scripture (the allowing abortion and gay marria sanction any teachings that violates HOS written word? Yet your church imposed so many lies from hell which they adopted from paganism.

And those churches that are permitting abortion and gay marriage are absolutely NOT looking to Scripture for guidance

This is so incoherent I don’t understand what you are trying to say.

My church does not permit gay marriage or support abortion.

The Apostle Paul, who was hand picked by Jesus himself, taught the following:

Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Here we learn that Apostles and Prophets along with other offices of priesthood are given to be part of Christ's church till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. In other words, until we come to the measure and stature of the fulness of Christ we are to have Apostles and Prophets in the church along with others who are authorized to teach the gospel. The reason that this practice has not been followed throughout all the days since Christ came upon the earth is because man has fallen away from the teaching of Christ and the Church that Christ established fell into a state of apostacy. The protestants figured this out and broke away from the Catholic church but they did not have the authority of the priesthood to establish the priesthood leadership in the church. The Lord, through the prophet Joseph Smith, restored the church again upon the face of the earth with all the priesthood keys and powers in these latter days. Whenever the true church of Jesus Christ is to be found on the earth, it will have Apostles and Prophets to to lead the members toward becoming a more Christ like people as Paul has so clearly taught.

Joseph Smith is nothing else than a spiritual charlatan, a criminal. That's it.

Forum List

Back