New NY Gun law to pass today. Run for the hills!! lol

You're the fool! Is your state better than New York state?

Hey dope - I am talking about murders, robberies, rapes and assaults in New York City, dumbfuck.

And my state - on whole - Virginia - compares very close to New York State on a whole, according to your gay chart, and there's a hell of a lot more of us walking around with weapons than you pole-smokers in New York.

Grow a brain.

If you want to be taught to handle a weapon, enlist in the Marine Corps, pussy.

There isn't one state in the whole South that bets New York state and the OP involves state legislation that will cut the murder rate even more.

If you want to find the demographics and do the per capita comparison to your state, go ahead. I'm not doing your homework for your lazy ass, but I have read articles on NYC crime.

NYC has a 2011 estimated population of 8,245,000 and Virginia has a 2012 estimate of 8,186,000. There are more people in NYC than your whole state, but a clown like you wants to just paint a picture to justify yourself.

BTW, I was in the Marine Corps, pussy!

Last edited:
There isn't one state in the whole South that bets New York state and the OP involves state legislation that will cut the murder rate even more.

If you want to find the demographics and do the per capita comparison to your state, go ahead. I'm not doing your homework for your lazy ass, but I have read articles on NYC crime.

NYC has a 2011 estimated population of 8,245,000 and Virginia has a 2012 estimate of 8,186,000. There are more people in NYC than your whole state, but a clown like you wants to just paint a picture to justify yourself.

You seem to have an anger issue. Lighten up Frances, before I slap my dick in your face.

New NY Gun law to pass today. Run for the hills!! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The state Senate, controlled by a coalition of Republicans and a handful of Democrats, approved the legislative package just after 11 p.m. by a lopsided vote of 43 to 18. The Assembly, where Democrats who have been strongly supportive of gun control have an overwhelming majority, planned to vote on the measure Tuesday.

Approval of the legislation would make New York the first state to act in response to the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., last month.

Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, had pressed lawmakers to move quickly in response to Newtown, saying, “the people of this state are crying out for help.” And the Legislature proceeded with unusual haste: Monday was the first full day of this year’s legislative session.

“We don’t need another tragedy to point out the problems in the system,” Mr. Cuomo said at a news conference.

“Enough people have lost their lives,” he added. “Let’s act.”

The expanded ban on assault weapons would broaden the definition of such weapons, banning semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one military-style feature, as well as semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature. New Yorkers who already own such guns could keep them but would be required to register them with the state.

“The message out there is so clear after Newtown,” said the Assembly speaker, Sheldon Silver, a Democrat from Manhattan. “To basically eradicate assault weapons from our streets in New York as quickly as possible is something the people of this state want.”

In an acknowledgment that many people have suggested that part of the solution to gun violence is a better government response to mental illness, the legislation includes not only new restrictions on gun ownership, but also efforts to limit access to guns by the mentally ill.

The most significant new proposal would require mental health professionals to report to local mental health officials when they believe that patients are likely to harm themselves or others. Law enforcement would then be authorized to confiscate any firearm owned by a dangerous patient; therapists would not be sanctioned for a failure to report such patients if they acted “in good faith.”

“People who have mental health issues should not have guns,” Mr. Cuomo told reporters. “They could hurt themselves, they could hurt other people.”

But such a requirement “represents a major change in the presumption of confidentiality that has been inherent in mental health treatment,” said Dr. Paul S. Appelbaum, the director of the Division of Law, Ethics, and Psychiatry at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, who said the Legislature should hold hearings on possible consequences of the proposal.

“The prospect of being reported to the local authorities, even if they do not have weapons, may be enough to discourage patients with suicidal or homicidal thoughts from seeking treatment or from being honest about their impulses,” he said.

The legislation would extend and expand Kendra’s Law, which empowers judges to order mentally ill patients to receive outpatient treatment.

And it would require gun owners to keep weapons inaccessible in homes where a resident has been involuntarily committed, convicted of a crime or is the subject of an order of protection.

The legislative package, which Mr. Cuomo said he believed would be “the most comprehensive package in the nation,” would ban any gun magazine that can hold over 7 rounds of ammunition — the current limit is 10 rounds. It would also require background checks of ammunition buyers and automated alerts to law enforcement of high-volume purchases.

The legislation would increase penalties for multiple crimes committed with guns, would require background checks for most private gun sales, and create a statewide gun-registration database.

Senator Jeffrey D. Klein of the Bronx, the leader of an independent faction of Democrats who have allied with the Republicans to control the Senate, said the measure met the goals of many lawmakers

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/ny...ewanted=2&_r=0

At least the Times gives the facts...

ushomicidemap_wb.gif

Take a look at the Bible Belt South!

Funny thing about that map. There is no discernible pattern between restrictive gun policy and crime rates. Texas has a crime rate on par with California. Texas is very gun friendly, California is not. Colorado has a relatively lower rate for the country, and they are very gun friendly. Meanwhile, D.C. is extremely restrictive when it comes to guns and they have the highest rate. Maryland is not very gun friendly, and they have a relatively high rate. West Virginia is a very gun friendly state, and their rate is relatively low.

ushomicidemap_wb.gif

Take a look at the Bible Belt South!

Funny thing about that map. There is no discernible pattern between restrictive gun policy and crime rates. Texas has a crime rate on par with California. Texas is very gun friendly, California is not. Colorado has a relatively lower rate for the country, and they are very gun friendly. Meanwhile, D.C. is extremely restrictive when it comes to guns and they have the highest rate. Maryland is not very gun friendly, and they have a relatively high rate. West Virginia is a very gun friendly state, and their rate is relatively low.

You don't see because you don't want to see. Look at the northeast from NY, NJ and northward. There isn't much area there, but there are hugh amounts of people until you get all way up north. They tend to vote for Democrats and all those states have low homicide rates. Now, look at the old Confederate States of America, where everyone is so pro gun! They lead the country in homicides.

You can pick a jungle like DC, but Maryland has Baltimore and California has LA, San Diego, Oakland and many large cities with problems. The more you get into the upper plains, the less homicides. Illinois has it's Chicago and Missouri it's Saint Louis. The obvious pattern are states with very large cities.

NYC brought it's murder rate down by getting guns off the streets. The cops there will pat somebody down, if they suspect they have a gun. That might not be possible in large cities with easy access to guns. When states have laws that require waiting periods and background checks, it keeps guns out of the wrong hands.

You don't see because you don't want to see.

No, dipshit, I don't see it because it's not there! Look at the map. There is NO correlation between gun friendliness and the crime rates. The only way that you can even propose to extrapolate one is for you to completely ignore the half of the map that doesn't support your premise.

No, dipshit, I don't see it because it's not there! Look at the map. There is NO correlation between gun friendliness and the crime rates. The only way that you can even propose to extrapolate one is for you to completely ignore the half of the map that doesn't support your premise.

Explain the gun loving South, then! I'll just stick with one point at a time, because your mind can't handle more than that. Why all those homicides in the Bible Belt?

And now all the politicians shake hands and pat themselves on the back, for accomplishing absolutely nothing.

This in spades. Congratulations on fixing nothing. But as so many LOLberals say, it isn't about results, it's about reacting.....for the greater good.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Explain the gun loving South, then! I'll just stick with one point at a time, because your mind can't handle more than that. Why all those homicides in the Bible Belt?

NEEEEEHHHHOOOOO, you dip-shit. You're the one who is claiming that the statistics indicate a relationship between gun restrictions and crime rates. You don't get to pick one small portion, and use it to claim a universal relationship that exists across the entire country. The burden of proof is on you to establish the causal relationship, and to explain why so many portions of the country CONTRADICT your premise.

That's logic. If you don't understand it, then go read a textbook. Until then, a comparison of crime rates and the restrictiveness of gun policy continues to bear NO CONNECTION between the two, whatsoever.

I am sure, because of this brilliant, knee-jerk reaction, that gang and drug related murders in New York City will now drop dramatically. New York is now a safety place.

Sarcasm off.

Sarcasm based on stupidity. NYC is a safe city, but you're too dumb to know it.

NYC is not a safe city. The end of the crack epidemic caused their massive crime rates to go down but they are still very high.
And each city uses different criteria in what is considered a violent "crime" and what isn't. NYC leads the country in doctoring statistics.
And guess what strategy led to the reduction of crime there? Rudy's crack skulls policy of take no prisoners with more blue in the streets and heavily armed. The lower Manhattan Ring of Steel with massive amounts of Federal $$$ with roadblocks and many other crime pattern strategies.
Read the New York Post and their many editorials on how the New York PD is always under heavy pressure to fudge crime stats downgrading major crimes to minor offenses.
NYC still in the top 10 of the largest cities in major crime.

The semi auto pistol restriction will be overturned via heller. Once again they overreach.

I think that may have been a poorly written sentence in the article. I think it meant semiautos that have a detachable magazine AND "one military-style feature", not all semiautomatic pistols.

I'd have to read the actual law to be sure.

The usual upsale features that have nothing to do with the effectiveness of the weapon for killing kids in schools.

It's feel good bullshit.

Last edited:
There is one piece of good news in the law:

And, in response to a controversy that erupted after The Journal News, a daily newspaper, published the names and addresses of handgun permit holders in Westchester and Rockland Counties, the legislation would prohibit disclosure of the names in the new statewide gun-registration database, and would allow individuals to exempt their own names and addresses from being disclosed by counties that have such databases.

I am sure, because of this brilliant, knee-jerk reaction, that gang and drug related murders in New York City will now drop dramatically. New York is now a safety place.

Sarcasm off.

Yup. Sarcasm on. You can take that to the bank.

The only folks with those weapons will be the criminals who won't be turning in any guns automatic, semi-automatic or six shooter.

Another kneejerk reaction by idiots who don't seem to understand that its the people who shoot the guns that do the killing.

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Some parts of that I don't like, as it's being reported. I don't like the semi-automatic pistol ban nor do I like a previously reported provision which required owners of so-called "assault weapons" to register them or have them confiscated. I think that's been taken out of the final bill, but I can't find the text of this legislation anywhere on the state government or General Assembly website. I'm also leery of mental health professionals being required to report their patients whom they think may harm themselves or others nor that their firearms could be taken from them, even temporarily. WAAAAAAY to many questions which can't be answered without reading the bill itself.

Can anybody find a link to the actual text of the bill?

I guess the fears of gun grabbing that progressives were making fun of have come to roost.

No, not really. Most of this isn't anything new. 10 or 11 states have "assault weapons" laws and/or limited magazine sizes already and we had a national law for 10 years.

Edit: Sorry. It's 8 states and the District of Columbia:

California
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Virginia

Last edited:
Key provisions of the governor’s bill:

■*Expanded definition of ‘assault weapon;’
■*Recertification (not renewal) of pistol licenses;
■*Background check on all ammunition purchases;
■*No Internet purchases of ammo except through a gun dealer;
■*Registration of currently owned guns defined as ‘assault weapons’ with the state police;
■*Private sales of long guns will have to go through a dealer for a NICS check;
■*Limits on the number of cartridges in a magazine to seven (can still possess a ten round magazine; but can load it only with seven rounds); :lmao:
■*Pistol license to buy pistol/revolver ammunition … and others. Yes,, because pistol ammo is exclusive to pistols.
What was defeated:

■*Confiscation of ten round magazines;
■*Statewide database on all guns;
■*Smaller limits on magazine capacity;
■*Limits on the number of magazines one could possess;
■*One gun per month purchase limits;
■*Relicensing of all pistol licensees;
■*Microstamping;
■*Mandatory locking and storage of all guns in the home.

Some parts of that I don't like, as it's being reported. I don't like the semi-automatic pistol ban nor do I like a previously reported provision which required owners of so-called "assault weapons" to register them or have them confiscated. I think that's been taken out of the final bill, but I can't find the text of this legislation anywhere on the state government or General Assembly website. I'm also leery of mental health professionals being required to report their patients whom they think may harm themselves or others nor that their firearms could be taken from them, even temporarily. WAAAAAAY to many questions which can't be answered without reading the bill itself.

Can anybody find a link to the actual text of the bill?

I guess the fears of gun grabbing that progressives were making fun of have come to roost.

No, not really. Most of this isn't anything new. 10 or 11 states have "assault weapons" bans and limited magazine sizes already and we had a national law for 10 years.

And before this passage, NY was one of those states, dipshit. So they simply went ahead and expanded on it. Tommorrow, i will read about another shooting in Gun Control Central AKA NYC.

More concealed weapons permits for more armed law abiding citizens equals less crime.
Every mass murder but one since 1950 in America has been in a gun free zone.
Criminals know there are armed citizens in the area they do not go there.
WELL DUH!

No, not really. Most of this isn't anything new. 10 or 11 states have "assault weapons" bans and limited magazine sizes already and we had a national law for 10 years.

And before this passage, NY was one of those states, dipshit. So they simply went ahead and expanded on it. Tommorrow, i will read about another shooting in Gun Control Central AKA NYC.

That you will.

Wonder how many will be dead in this city thats supposed to be safer now??

Kneejerk idiots.

Key provisions of the governor’s bill:

■*Expanded definition of ‘assault weapon;’
■*Recertification (not renewal) of pistol licenses;
■*Background check on all ammunition purchases;
■*No Internet purchases of ammo except through a gun dealer;
■*Registration of currently owned guns defined as ‘assault weapons’ with the state police;
■*Private sales of long guns will have to go through a dealer for a NICS check;
■*Limits on the number of cartridges in a magazine to seven (can still possess a ten round magazine; but can load it only with seven rounds); :lmao:
■*Pistol license to buy pistol/revolver ammunition … and others. Yes,, because pistol ammo is exclusive to pistols.
What was defeated:

■*Confiscation of ten round magazines;
■*Statewide database on all guns;
■*Smaller limits on magazine capacity;
■*Limits on the number of magazines one could possess;
■*One gun per month purchase limits;
■*Relicensing of all pistol licensees;
■*Microstamping;
■*Mandatory locking and storage of all guns in the home.

Which one of these will criminals abide by and which ones will they continue to IGNORE?

Forum List

Back