New NY Gun law to pass today. Run for the hills!! lol

Thanks, Corky.

Does it bother you that Corky isn't living paycheck to paycheck and hovering just above being poor like you are? Man, that has to suck that Corky has his shit together better than you ever have.

Got it, so legislate against the law abiding in favor of the black market. Just another example of a liberal acting without understanding the consequences of their actions. Talk about stupid. As they say, if in doubt, pass a law, and defer to the courts to enforce it. LOL

And the black market will flourish and more would have been law abiders, go through illegal channels on the risk.

LOLberals think the war on drugs has failed, then turn around and think banning guns is working. :lmao:
These LOLberal Statists are nothing if not predictable.

Let the black market rise up and choke the state.

Real gang bangers want new guns, and at the moment can get them at gun shows, 40% of all sales have no background checks. These mass killers haven't been low life either, just nuts. They buy at Walmart and gunshows.

The gang bangers can buy all they want and sell them in blue states, Just what brainwashed RWers don't get about Fast and Furious.

This seems to be just like O-care- Turns out Pubs won't even vote for the plans they've put up to derail Dem plans. Greedy hypocrite idiot scumbags- and their silly dupes spouting horse patoot from the 1700's! LOL

Last edited:
Why are the NY state crime statistics being used to compare NYC actions against lawful ownership?
The NYC crime statistics fail miserable when compared to the entire state excluding NYC.
NYC is not a "safe" place.

Got it, so legislate against the law abiding in favor of the black market. Just another example of a liberal acting without understanding the consequences of their actions. Talk about stupid. As they say, if in doubt, pass a law, and defer to the courts to enforce it. LOL

And the black market will flourish and more would have been law abiders, go through illegal channels on the risk.

LOLberals think the war on drugs has failed, then turn around and think banning guns is working. :lmao:

Real gang bangers want new guns, and at the moment can get them at gun shows, 40% of all sales have no background checks. These mass killers haven't been low life either, just nuts. They buy at Walmart and gunshows.

The gang bangers can buy all they want and sell them in blue states, Just what brainwashed RWers don't get about Fast and Furious.

This seems to be just like O-care- Turns out Pubs won't even vote for the plans they've put up to derail Dem plans. Greedy hypocrite idiot scumbags- and their silly dupes spouting horse patoot from the 1700's! LOL

It's nowhere near 40 percent. See you have succumbed once again to the liberal propaganda.

It would also require background checks of ammunition buyers and automated alerts to law enforcement of high-volume purchases.

Background checks on buying ammo? That's going overboard.
Alerting law enforcement of high-volume purchases? That's Big Brotherism.

As for the rest of this "sweeping gun law", we'll see if it decreases crime in NYC.

I'm betting it won't.

Criminals never pay retail for their weapons.
WalMart has to do background checks dumb ass.

Explain the gun loving South, then! I'll just stick with one point at a time, because your mind can't handle more than that. Why all those homicides in the Bible Belt?

NEEEEEHHHHOOOOO, you dip-shit. You're the one who is claiming that the statistics indicate a relationship between gun restrictions and crime rates. You don't get to pick one small portion, and use it to claim a universal relationship that exists across the entire country. The burden of proof is on you to establish the causal relationship, and to explain why so many portions of the country CONTRADICT your premise.

That's logic. If you don't understand it, then go read a textbook. Until then, a comparison of crime rates and the restrictiveness of gun policy continues to bear NO CONNECTION between the two, whatsoever.

The South leads the country in crime stats and homicides with their gun nut views. In NYC, they reduced homicides by removing guns. It isn't easy to buy guns around there and the cops would frisk someone, if they suspected they possessed a gun. Then, the comparison goes to NYC and Virginia, because NYC has a slightly larger population. I'm not playing some bullshit game where someone just posts a number and says it's so high. The issue is whether it's high per capita. How many murders are there in all of Virginia compared to NYC and wouldn't it be easier to conceal a murder in that state and not a city? Having a gun in most of Virginia is perfectly normal and I've been all over the state.

When you get to that liberal northeast, you have very low homicide rates. They have stricter gun laws.

I posted a damn map proving it, go find it! I'm not going to keep reposting things for every fool on this site, there are too many. It's a picture so your lazy ass doesn't have to read.

Gun nut views deter crime.
Every jurisdiction in the south that has open concealed carry permit laws has low crime.
Every city that has gun ban laws has high crime.
Do the math.

NEEEEEHHHHOOOOO, you dip-shit. You're the one who is claiming that the statistics indicate a relationship between gun restrictions and crime rates. You don't get to pick one small portion, and use it to claim a universal relationship that exists across the entire country. The burden of proof is on you to establish the causal relationship, and to explain why so many portions of the country CONTRADICT your premise.

That's logic. If you don't understand it, then go read a textbook. Until then, a comparison of crime rates and the restrictiveness of gun policy continues to bear NO CONNECTION between the two, whatsoever.

The South leads the country in crime stats and homicides with their gun nut views. In NYC, they reduced homicides by removing guns. It isn't easy to buy guns around there and the cops would frisk someone, if they suspected they possessed a gun. Then, the comparison goes to NYC and Virginia, because NYC has a slightly larger population. I'm not playing some bullshit game where someone just posts a number and says it's so high. The issue is whether it's high per capita. How many murders are there in all of Virginia compared to NYC and wouldn't it be easier to conceal a murder in that state and not a city? Having a gun in most of Virginia is perfectly normal and I've been all over the state.

When you get to that liberal northeast, you have very low homicide rates. They have stricter gun laws.

I posted a damn map proving it, go find it! I'm not going to keep reposting things for every fool on this site, there are too many. It's a picture so your lazy ass doesn't have to read.

Gun nut views deter crime.
Every jurisdiction in the south that has open concealed carry permit laws has low crime.
Every city that has gun ban laws has high crime.
Do the math.

Just talk!

I've seen the FBI stats and you have half again more crime than us. Look it up yourself!

Maryland, D.C., Colorado, North Dakota.....explain those.

Explain why California, the most unfriendly state for guns, has the same crime rate as Texas, one of the most gun friendly states in the country.

Oh yeah, you can't. Because IT'S NOT THE GUNS STUPID! Trying to boil this down to guns is like trying to boil arson down to match control. Crime is a COMPLEX phenomena. The reason you see more crime in the south is largely because the south has more poverty, whereas the northeast has less poverty.

There are other factors, of course. Policing actions and policies can have positive effects to reduce crime rates. In the case of New York City, a great deal of progress has been made thanks to the adoption of broken window policy. A city wide initiative has focused on eliminating eye sores such as broken windows, graffiti, and the like, in order to help reduce crime overall over time. Broken window theory says that such things induce more crime by sending a "no one cares" signal to others, who then are more likely to revert to what would otherwise be anti-social behavior. Since nobody cares, there is a lesser sense of the act being socially unacceptable. In applying broken windows policing policy, NYC emphasizing the need to clean up litter, remove graffiti, etc. This became a catalyst, helped to reduce respectable citizens from abandoning difficult communities, and began instilling a sense of pride within the community that reduces individuals' interest in criminal behavior. The program has been widely credited with helping NYC enjoy a downward trend on crime rates starting shortly after the program's implementation.

So you see, crime is a SOCIAL problem, just like poverty, for example. Guns are no more responsible for crime rates than drinking establishments are responsible for poverty. All the shouting about guns is nothing more than a reactionary attempt to find easy answers to difficult problems. It's like trying to cure skin cancer by putting on lotion. You have to go deeper.

Ok, I've read the whole bill and made some notes, which I'll share in just a minute.

In the first place, the new law only changes existing state law and adds nothing new that I could see, except for background checks for the purchasing of ammunition. Whether or not that will withstand court scrutiny in the future is unknown.

Here's my notes:

Protection orders: Changed mostly from "may" to "shall." Includes provisions for revoking or suspending a firearms license AND the seizure of guns for those under a protection order. However, no provision is made for seizing weapons from those who do not have some kind of license.

Private sales of firearms rules apply to anyone OTHER THAN a licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer IF such sale is conducted under a federal license or is to an immediate family member. An instant national background check must be conducted by a dealer WHO CONSENTS to conduct such a check!

Subnormal intelligence, mental illness, incapacity, condition or disease. Only applies to those with those conditions who have a guardian appointed for them, as per existing law. Only change is that whatever is reported to the FBI must be reported to the state as well and the state MAY check the names against the existing database of licenses.

The state SHALL transmit data and records to the FBI instant background check database, rather than "or." May include only names and no clinically identifying information.

Allows the state to establish an administrative process for determining if a person may be disqualified from possessing a firearm who has been disqualified from continuing to have a license to carry because he/she has been involuntarily or civilly confined to a mental health facility.

A physician, psychologist, registered nurse or licensed clinical social worker currently providing treatmentt to a person determines that such a person is likely to engage in conduct that would result in serious harm to himself or others, SHALL BE REQUIRED to report such person to the director of community services, who shall then report it to the criminal justice services. Information reported shall be limited to names and other non-clinical indentifying information. That information MAY be used to revoke or suspend a firearms license.

Increases penalties for drug convictions involving a 3rd degree firearms possession charge.

Adds the new crime of selling, making available, exchanging, giving or disposing of a "community gun," which is defined as a firearm actually shared, made available, sold, exchanged, given or disposed of among or between two or more persons, AT LEAST one of which is not authorized to possess such a firearm. This will likely be applied against gangbangers or other criminals exclusively.

Expands the current definition of an "assault weapon" to include semi-automatic rifles, shotguns or pistols which (A) accept a detachable magazine AND has at least TWO of the following characteristics:

folding or telescoping stock
a pistol grip
a bayonet mount
a flash suppressor or barrel threaded to receive one
a grenade launcher
a thumbhole stock
a second handgrip or protruding grip to be held by the non-firing hand
a fixed magazine capacity of over 7 rounds

For semi-automatic pistols which have the ability to accept a detachable magazine AND at least one of the following:

holding or telescopic stock
thumbhole stock
second handgrip
capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside the pistol grip
threaded to accept a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer
a shroud around the barrel
weighs 50 oz or more unloaded
a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or other firearms

These new standards won't apply to very many weapons at all.

Maximum 7 round magazines to be sold after the law becomes effective.

Weapons meeting the above criteria, but owned before the effective date of the new law, must be registered. Failure to do so is a class E felony. Same with high capacity magazines.

Makes it a crime to knowingly sell a firearm to someone who can't legally have one.

Licensed firearms holders or applicants may prevent their names from being released to the public.

Prohibited weapons held before the effective date of this law must be registered within 30 days.

Ammunition sellers must register and be licensed by the state. Records must be kept and the state database must be accessed before selling ammunition. Each sale will generate a unique identification number.

Overall, it's not as bad as some thought and not nearly the major "leap forward" the gun-grabbers are claiming. While they're going on about how great and strict the new law is, it actually breaks very little new ground and is nothing more than a facade.

Last edited:

It's nowhere near 40 percent. See you have succumbed once again to the liberal propaganda.

I believe the figure is 40 percent of all private transactions do not have a background check. This is known as the "gun show loophole".

If there is no gun show loophole, then I guess you wouldn't mind if it was closed, right?

I believe the figure is 40 percent of all private transactions do not have a background check. This is known as the "gun show loophole".

If there is no gun show loophole, then I guess you wouldn't mind if it was closed, right?

No, I wouldn't close it at all. It would stop law abiding citizens such as myself from purchasing or selling a gun to a friend. There is no reason for the federal govt to know what guns I do or do not have.

Forum List

Back