Taxes Raised on Middle Income Workers

Another misinformed poster.

Your taxes weren't raised. A cut you probably weren't even aware you had expired as it was designed to. That tax holiday you got was adding billions to the deficit. I though you RWers cared about that sort of thing.

Your taxes weren't raised. A cut you probably weren't even aware you had expired as it was designed to. That tax holiday you got was adding billions to the deficit. I though you RWers cared about that sort of thing.

The right wingers are too stupid to understand facts, they just parrot whatever BS fox and Beck tell them.

They have had enough of his tax hikes.

Time to whack spending.

The peeps have spoken:

'Tuesday, January 15, 2013

With the ink barely dry on the “fiscal cliff” deal that increased taxes for most Americans, President Obama on Monday raised the specter of additional tax hikes. Just 30% of Likely U.S. Voters agree with the president that more tax increases are needed.'

30% Think More Tax Hikes Needed - Rasmussen Reports?

It wasn't adding anything to the deficit. It was SS and Medicare expenses which are funded separately and are part of mandatory spending.

Beside it is not a tax, it is call a "contribution". Check your pay stub. :)

It wasn't adding anything to the deficit. It was SS and Medicare expenses which are funded separately and are part of mandatory spending.

With all due respect, Akelch...a "contribution" is voluntary...FICA is anything but. You can spin this however you like but we just got hit with more taxes...with many more on the way. In the meantime we've had no meaningful spending cuts at all.

With all due respect, Akelch...a "contribution" is voluntary...FICA is anything but. You can spin this however you like but we just got hit with more taxes...with many more on the way. In the meantime we've had no meaningful spending cuts at all.

Sarcasm my friend..... No worries

then my paycheck isn't lighter because Obama stubbornly insists on having his arrogant way?

No, dumbshit. Your paycheck was heavier for the past two years than it should have been because Obama was giving you a tax holiday as an emergency measure.

The holiday is over and now your payroll tax is back to where it was before the holiday. Christ, you were getting a tax break from Obama for the past TWO YEARS and did not even know it?

WOW! Your puppeteers are masters at keeping you in the dark!

Last edited:

Wrong, look it up. Deficit from the holiday was supplemented by general funds.

then my paycheck isn't lighter because Obama stubbornly insists on having his arrogant way?

No, dumbshit. Your paycheck was heavier for the past two years than it should have been because Obama was giving you a tax holiday as an emergency measure.

The holiday is over and now your payroll tax is back to where it was before the holiday. Christ, you were getting a tax break from Obama for the past TWO YEARS and did not even know it?

If Obama gets credit for the tax break...which he should...he also has to take responsibility for the ending of the tax break and the subsequent increase in what's coming out of people's pay checks. You can't have it both ways...

Yes, lowering taxes and then raising them is not raising them. It's lower raising them...

Loopy mother fuckers......

If Obama gets credit for the tax break...which he should...he also has to take responsibility for the ending of the tax break and the subsequent increase in what's coming out of people's pay checks. You can't have it both ways...

This bitching has been going on for weeks now. "Tax hike on 77 percent of Americans" meme is now deeply embedded in their small minds.

I did not see the rabid loons starting topic after topic after topic after topic, for weeks on end, about the tax holiday, cheering Obama. Thank you Obama! Thank you for cutting taxes for 77 percent of all Americans!

Did you?

Didn't think so.

Hypocrisy reeks!

Last edited:

Funny that there seems to be an assumption by some on the left that the government owns our money, even though they don't spend responsibly, and that when tax rates change and we are allowed to keep more of our money that the government has done us some great favor. Keeping a decent share of our own earnings is NOT a gift from government.

We were not on a tax holiday. We still paid too much and it's due to irresponsible politicians who are all about pork barrel spending and pandering to certain groups.

Taxes were raised. When the rates go up, it is a tax increase. Why the Dems make it sound like government gave us something for a while is incredibly naive. It's not their money, it's ours and we don't owe them appreciation for not confiscating more of our money.

Even low income people are paying more because of the increased SS withholdings. It's a hit to the financial stability of low and middle class people.

Yes, lowering taxes and then raising them is not raising them. It's lower raising them...

It was a tax HOLIDAY. It had an expiration date. The President wanted to extend the expiration, the GOP did not. The President compromised. Quite simple, really.

It was a tax HOLIDAY. It had an expiration date. The President wanted to extend the expiration, the GOP did not. The President compromised. Quite simple, really.

so then Bush wasn't so bad after all.

Obama wants us to pay higher taxes and we are.

Let's see how that plays out in 2014

The right wingers are too stupid to understand facts, they just parrot whatever BS fox and Beck tell them.

my paycheck doesn't lie

you make me feel so much better now.

But, how is that going to pay the rent?

you make me feel so much better now.

But, how is that going to pay the rent?

So you moved in the last two years? You didn't invest that tax cut in your personal retirement plan? Isn't that what you want to do with SS?

It's $100 a month for me. I can make the cuts to unnecessary frivolities to make it up. No more Starbucks mochas on the way home.

New Topics

Forum List

Back