New legal immigration changes

Yeah well the thing is I never said that, so your fighting against a phrase that you made up. I said I support them in having to opportunity to come here. You’re making this into a “rights” thing. It’s a political word game that you are playing and it isn’t working.

Why do you support them in that?
Because I believe in liberty

You were granted liberty by way of the U.S. Constitution....this document is not an international document, it does not extend to Mexico or its citizens and you can not extend it to them. How do you struggle with the simplest shit?
What’s a god given right? Something just for Americans or something more?

Do you believe it is a God given right for one to break in my home and tell me they’re staying and there’s nothing I can do about it?
No I don’t

You were granted liberty by way of the U.S. Constitution....this document is not an international document, it does not extend to Mexico or its citizens and you can not extend it to them. How do you struggle with the simplest shit?

Do you believe it is a God given right for one to break in my home and tell me they’re staying and there’s nothing I can do about it?
No I don’t

The United States is an extension of our homes...you realize that...right?

Legal residents would be entitled to the use of public schools, would they not (as much as I hate public education)?

I think the biggest gripe about that is the illegal bastards, and we have to educate these illegal kids in their native language.

Since we don’t have the resources or political backing to deport 10+ million undocumented people how do you think cutting them off from education will impact our communities? What do you think that will do to crime rates?
Replace them with 10 million merited people that bring merit . There are hundreds of millions trying to get here.. pick the best. Ones that can assimilate and work way better then Latinos
Again you speak with unrealistic emotion instead of practicality. It’s not humanly possible to round up 10 million people, deport them and then replace them with 10 million vetted people of merit. If you have some
Magic plan to do this then please enlighten us. Otherwise, Get real
Of course we can.. we can replace the labor with the millions that allowed them to enter America illegally.. or we can arrest the illegals and force them in the Servitude Until they repay the debt. We hold them until we don’t need them. Or replaced them.
How many officers and jails and judges will be needed to do that? How long will it take? How much will it cost? What legal process will need to be passed?

It will take quite a while. We won't round them up all at once. We can't do that. But no one is saying we go out in one week and round up all of them. It's done over time. It may take years. But you start somewhere.

No I don’t

No I don’t

Since we don’t have the resources or political backing to deport 10+ million undocumented people how do you think cutting them off from education will impact our communities? What do you think that will do to crime rates?
Replace them with 10 million merited people that bring merit . There are hundreds of millions trying to get here.. pick the best. Ones that can assimilate and work way better then Latinos
Again you speak with unrealistic emotion instead of practicality. It’s not humanly possible to round up 10 million people, deport them and then replace them with 10 million vetted people of merit. If you have some
Magic plan to do this then please enlighten us. Otherwise, Get real
Of course we can.. we can replace the labor with the millions that allowed them to enter America illegally.. or we can arrest the illegals and force them in the Servitude Until they repay the debt. We hold them until we don’t need them. Or replaced them.
How many officers and jails and judges will be needed to do that? How long will it take? How much will it cost? What legal process will need to be passed?

It will take quite a while. We won't round them up all at once. We can't do that. But no one is saying we go out in one week and round up all of them. It's done over time. It may take years. But you start somewhere.
Typically you start with a plan that forcasts time, expenses, resources needed and practical effects. Have you thought these things through?

No I don’t

No I don’t

That’s fucking bizarre...good, real Americans, fund, run and own this nation...You hate that huh?
Haha...plain fascinating.

Last edited:

No I don’t

No I don’t

That’s fucking bizarre...good, real Americans, fund, run and own this nation...You hate that huh?
Haha...plain fascinating.
I Don’t hate that at all. I just don’t hold the kind of contempt for foreigners as you do. We are all just people living on this earth in this moment of time trying to live life. I try and take each person for who they are and not judge them based on some kind of group that has to do with their skin color or place of birth... I try not to perpetuate negativity and hate into this world, life is too short. I listen to the things you say and the hate and anger you portray on this board. It makes me feel sorry for you. I don’t imagine that a healthy and happy person could actually feel that way. I hope I’m wrong and you are at peace, just wish these things would click for you and you might someday learn how to properly treat other people.

Absolutely ridiculous. Of course Americans start showing up when the pay is rised. Even better, wages go up across the board. Where did you get your econ degree from?

There are more than a million open positions than people to fill them now, Americans have already shown up.

One more time for those of you that did not graduate high school....A tight labor market is good, a labor shortage not so much

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.

we have more jobs now than people to fill them. Dumb idea

What do you think drives up wages?
Job vacancies...TA-DA!

are you really that stupid?

wait, never mind. no need to answer.

What do you think companies are forced to do when a position can’t be filled?

Can’t pay an empty job more money.

If all companies are doing is poaching from each other then growth stagnates.

A tight labor market is good, a labor shortage not so much

You employers had your chance. You had your way, and wages have stagnated for generations.

Job vacancies...TA-DA!

You employers had your chance. You had your way, and wages have stagnated for generations.

I am not an employer

The ultimate end game with that thought is OPEN BORDERS. Why? Because compassion overrules law. If someone want in to better themselves then they get in. Period. To not let them in is not compassionate. So if we are only basing our decision on compassion we should have open borders. Then we should supply all their needs as well because that's compassionate too. Failure to supply everyone's needs is a failure of compassion.
I don’t support open borders. I support a Legal system to processes travelers and immigrants. Don’t put words in my mouth

Dude. When you say that the foreigners have a right to come here, you are for open borders. Dont' fucking kid yourself.
Yeah well the thing is I never said that, so your fighting against a phrase that you made up. I said I support them in having to opportunity to come here. You’re making this into a “rights” thing. It’s a political word game that you are playing and it isn’t working.

Because I believe in liberty and providing opportunity/support for the sick and poor and elderly and disabled and uneducated

1. All of them?

2. And how does that compare to Americans' right to want policy that help US?

3. Cause we're not exactly doing that great here. Importing millions of the sick and poor and disabled and uneducated, might be more than we can afford.

Dude. When you say that the foreigners have a right to come here, you are for open borders. Dont' fucking kid yourself.

So, Do you base your support from them coming here on some right of theirs, or not?

WHy not tell us the basis for your position, rather then making us nail down what your position is?

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.

Let higher demand lead to higher wages.

That is happening, but if there is not enough people to fill the demand, then growth stops and it starts to work in reverse. If there is nobody to take the job, it matters not how much you are willing to pay.

Macroeconomic growth, is not the goal. The interests of the American people are.

If macroeconomic growth occurs by importing large numbers of workers, so we can have a larger population of poorer people,

that is not a win for America or Americans.

This is not a computer strategy game where the player with the biggest economy wins.

Job vacancies...TA-DA!

I am not an employer

Fine. Consider my point adjusted.

Those employers had their chance. They had their way, and wages have stagnated for generations.

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

Trump administration announces rule that could limit legal immigration
The only thing that is really "new" is the enforcement of existing laws.
To apply for U.S. citizenship you must:
Already have a green card.
Be at least 18 years old.
You have lived in the U.S. lawfully as a permanent resident for at least five years unless you are a spouse of a U.S. citizen, refugee, or received your green card through political asylum.
During those five years, you have been physically present in the U.S. for at least half of the time.
You have not spent more than one year at a time outside the U.S.
You have not established a primary home in another country.
You have lived in the state or district where you are filing your application for at least three months.
You have "good moral character."
You can read, write and speak English.
You can pass a test about U.S. history and government.
You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S.

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

You have lived in the U.S. lawfully as a permanent resident for at least five years unless you are a spouse of a U.S. citizen, refugee, or received your green card through political asylum.
During those five years, you have been physically present in the U.S. for at least half of the time.
You have lived in the state or district where you are filing your application for at least three months.
You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S.

Mmm,

"You have "good moral character."...
You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S."

We could deport a lot of recent immigrants quite fairly, with these three rules. Immigrants who are scum of the earth, and lied about being loyal to the US or believing in our principles.

Thoughts?

Mmm,

"You have "good moral character."...
You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S."

We could deport a lot of recent immigrants quite fairly, with these three rules. Immigrants who are scum of the earth, and lied about being loyal to the US or believing in our principles.
30% of federal prisoners are illegal aliens

Forum List

Back