New legal immigration changes

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

Trump administration announces rule that could limit legal immigration

Actually I was discussing this with my adopted brother and he agree with Trump.

If you immigrate to this country legally then you should have the means and education to support yourself and not be a burden on the taxpayer through our welfare system...

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't think they move here for welfare benefits--anyone who believes that ought to try living on them for six months. However, it could take some time when moving to a new country to get a good job, a place to live, get better at English (most people I hear learn at least some of it in school). So I guess making sure they have enough money to cover that is a good idea. Is that it, though? Will we really make them show us their bank accounts? Seems a little rude, but I know a lot of countries do it that way.

Actually we do it already... For tourist visas so I would assume the same for other Visas...

Also H1B visas require the company to pay, so the person has a job when coming here...

https://www.quora.com/How-much-bank-balance-is-mandatory-for-applying-a-US-tourist-visa

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.

we have more jobs now than people to fill them. Dumb idea

What do you think drives up wages?
Job vacancies...TA-DA!

are you really that stupid?

wait, never mind. no need to answer.

What do you think companies are forced to do when a position can’t be filled?

Because you are advocating for destroying people’s lives.. you should live in it
I’m not advocating for destroying people’s lives. Your lying again.

I could use your retard logic and say if you support the sale of guns you are supporting the murder of everybody who dies at the hands of guns. Same logic that your using. Doesn’t make sense does it?
Every neighborhood that has new Latin immigration, illegal immigration .. IS ALL HIGH IN CRIME YOU DUMB MOTHA FCUKA LOL

sorry for the curse word lol but god damn democrats are retarted haha
Really? San Diego, El Paso both border towns with high Hispanic populations. You call those cities high crime? You’re full of shit
El Paso yes parts of san Diego yes
Like I said, you dont know what you’re talking about.

El Paso Again Tops List of Safest U.S. Cities

Study: Chula Vista safest city in county, 3rd-safest in state
El Paso’s Most Wanted Fugitives for July 12-18
El Paso most wanted list ALL LATINOS LOL

https://spotcrime.com/ca/chula+vista/mostwanted
Chula Vista’s most all Latino lol

Again bro you prove to be a retard

Last edited:
I'm watching cnn and they are talking about this new rule. Rather than simply saying that rule changes nothing that isn't already in place regarding welfare and other subsidies, the politician is talking about people needing a hand up.

I'm convinced democratic pundits and leaders are the dumbest strategists. They have absolutely no skill in framing winning narratives. It's like watching a train wreck. It's bloody but I just can't turn away.
I agree but it seems to be a problem on both sides. It’s because both sides try and take these hardline positions and end up sounding like jackasses

Yes, both sides take hard line positions but you have to admit that the republicans are very good at spinning the issue in a way that it makes their base think something is being taken away from them to be given to someone else. They have perfected that approach.

Democrats take the "everything should be equal" approach and the republicans turn it into an us against them situation. Again, they frame it in a way that says to their base that the democrats are trying to take from you to give to someone less worthy.
-------------------------------- i don't know about 'repubs' thinking that something is being taken away from them . However , repubs know that they will have to PAY for whatever is being GIVEN to imported immigrant third worlders and people Katniss .

I agree about understanding the cost but what gets lost in the argument is the benefit.

Personally, I'm not interested in having what I pay in taxes go to support social services for Americans much less non Americans. I'm also not interested in what I pay in taxes to go towards supporting foreign aid but I understand the benefit of "some" of those agreements.

I am torn on this issue because we need migrant workers. As I commented on a different thread, immigration is sewn into the fabric of America's economy. There are certain risks if we get this wrong.

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.

Job vacancies...TA-DA!

Can’t pay an empty job more money.

If all companies are doing is poaching from each other then growth stagnates.

A tight labor market is good, a labor shortage not so much

Job vacancies...TA-DA!

Can’t pay an empty job more money.

If all companies are doing is poaching from each other then growth stagnates.

A tight labor market is good, a labor shortage not so much

You’re sadly mistaken...I’ve been an employer for many years, I’ve created many positions while scaling companies....you start out offering what you think to be the minimum you can get away with for X position and you gradually increase your offering until the position is filled. Simple shit.

Last edited:

I could use your retard logic and say if you support the sale of guns you are supporting the murder of everybody who dies at the hands of guns. Same logic that your using. Doesn’t make sense does it?
Every neighborhood that has new Latin immigration, illegal immigration .. IS ALL HIGH IN CRIME YOU DUMB MOTHA FCUKA LOL

Really? San Diego, El Paso both border towns with high Hispanic populations. You call those cities high crime? You’re full of shit

Whoopsie...
All Most Wanted - Los Angeles Police Department
Whoopsie what?

Why do I need to do anything you tell me to do? I can have an opinion on immigration and not live in urban Chicago or Baltimore. Your suggestions are absurd.
Because you are advocating for destroying people’s lives.. you should live in it

Have you seriously not heard how things are over the border and bleeding into this country? Seriously? How fucking stupid do you have to be to say that?
I just provided links to two border cities that are ranked amongst the safest in the country. Of course there are tremendous issues in Mexico and around the border and with gangs and the cartel etc etc etc. that’s a different conversation. Try and stay on topic

" Proven That There Is No Reasoning With The Unreasonable "

* Punk Answers *

Why would I give you the respect of answering you question when you ignore answering mine?
Annoying isn’t it?
My answer is that carrying capacity in the face of catastrophe is beyond tenable and that there is an overall lack of necessity .

Your answer is likely aimless that there is some merit in gluttony and cannibalism .
Fact is that many city’s are overcrowded but our country as a whole is full of open land and ghost towns. We have plenty of room, just need to be smarter with how we use it.

Haha...who told you it was about the “room”?
It’s about opportunity, economics, healthcare, education, criminality...etc etc...Come on bud, you’re smarter than this.
Nobody told me it was about the room. I agree it’s about all those things. I’m still not seeing the argument showing that we are full

Whoopsie...
All Most Wanted - Los Angeles Police Department
Whoopsie what?

Haha...We’ve done this...playing stupid is not a refutation.

Have you seriously not heard how things are over the border and bleeding into this country? Seriously? How fucking stupid do you have to be to say that?
I just provided links to two border cities that are ranked amongst the safest in the country. Of course there are tremendous issues in Mexico and around the border and with gangs and the cartel etc etc etc. that’s a different conversation. Try and stay on topic
Yes and the ones committing the crime are Latinos. Like I said stay safe keep hurting Americans neighborhoods.. we won’t forget you

I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.
It sounds sensible and sane.

We are broke, with an infrastructure that was designed for a specific amount of population growth which has been exceeded by 200%. We don't know who a significant portion of the are in this country now, and we just use immigration to make excuses for American's to give up.

We NEED a moratorium on immigration. That is NOT selfish, it is necessary.
We aren’t broke. We are the richest country in the world. We have a large debt, that’s true but not the same as broke. What stats do you have about the infrastructure and growth capacity. That’s interesting.

Thoughts?

Democrats want uneducated poor welfare dependent immigrants
Republicans want educated self sufficient immigrants.
Let's see who the Voters want the immigrants to be.
ooooh the Troglocrats are soooooo screwed LMAO
You really shouldn’t speak for democrats, you obviously have no clue. Just sounds like hot air

Specifically for America IMO
Black unemployment lowest ever is embarrassing? Ohh
Did I say the black unemployment rate was embarrassing? No I didn’t. This is why I call you a troll. You put words in my mouth. Say I said things I never said. Grow up!
It’s part of his administration.. you are the troll not me
So what?! That wasn’t what I was talking about nor was it what I said. Are you that incapable of having an honest debate, you just need to make shit up?
What is it you are embarrassed or not.. let’s god shit or get off the pot
Was that statement supposed to make sense?

“Deserve” doesn’t fit either bud...
What have foreigners done to “deserve” to be fostered and funded by your fellow countrymen?
de·serve
/dəˈzərv/
verb
  1. do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).
    "the referee deserves a pat on the back for his bravery"
    synonyms: merit, earn, warrant, rate, justify, be worthy of, be entitled to, have a right to, have a claim on, be qualified for, be good enough for More
They are fellow human beings inhabiting this earth. There is a level of compassion, empathy and basic humanity that some of us feel for all those around us. Sorry you’re missing that gene

The ultimate end game with that thought is OPEN BORDERS. Why? Because compassion overrules law. If someone want in to better themselves then they get in. Period. To not let them in is not compassionate. So if we are only basing our decision on compassion we should have open borders. Then we should supply all their needs as well because that's compassionate too. Failure to supply everyone's needs is a failure of compassion.
I don’t support open borders. I support a Legal system to processes travelers and immigrants. Don’t put words in my mouth

Dude. When you say that the foreigners have a right to come here, you are for open borders. Dont' fucking kid yourself.
Yeah well the thing is I never said that, so your fighting against a phrase that you made up. I said I support them in having to opportunity to come here. You’re making this into a “rights” thing. It’s a political word game that you are playing and it isn’t working.

Why do you support them in that?

" Proven That There Is No Reasoning With The Unreasonable "

* Punk Answers *

Why would I give you the respect of answering you question when you ignore answering mine?
Annoying isn’t it?
My answer is that carrying capacity in the face of catastrophe is beyond tenable and that there is an overall lack of necessity .

Your answer is likely aimless that there is some merit in gluttony and cannibalism .
Fact is that many city’s are overcrowded but our country as a whole is full of open land and ghost towns. We have plenty of room, just need to be smarter with how we use it.

Haha...who told you it was about the “room”?
It’s about opportunity, economics, healthcare, education, criminality...etc etc...Come on bud, you’re smarter than this.
Nobody told me it was about the room. I agree it’s about all those things. I’m still not seeing the argument showing that we are full

We are $22 trillion in debt, our healthcare system is a fucking joke, public education has failed, our middle class can’t save a penny and get ahead, wages are stagnant, Veterans sleeping, pissing, shitting and dying in our streets, rediculously high taxes for America’s Best...etc etc
WTF...pull your head from your ass!

El Paso’s Most Wanted Fugitives for July 12-18
El Paso most wanted list ALL LATINOS LOL

https://spotcrime.com/ca/chula+vista/mostwanted
Chula Vista’s most all Latino lol

Again bro you prove to be a retard
You’re cherry picking criminals and somehow you think that proves This ignorant statement of yours... “Every neighborhood that has new Latin immigration, illegal immigration .. IS ALL HIGH IN CRIME YOU DUMB MOTHA FCUKA LOL”

What a joke

Yes and the ones committing the crime are Latinos. Like I said stay safe keep hurting Americans neighborhoods.. we won’t forget you
That wasn’t your statement dumbass, I see why you are trying to spin to that but it’s not gonna work.

Forum List

Back