New legal immigration changes

no man woman or child belongs in a cage! NO ONE belongs in a cage. seriously, what's wrong with y'all. HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIX IT?

Where do you want to put criminals? Bouncy-houses?
In a prison cell, with a toilet, and a bed, with 3 meals a day, and access to a shower.... what we give all American prisoners. :rolleyes:

So, cages? Got it.

Cages are like dog kennel fencing with nothing else in there so the dogs can run around, a jail cell has some walls and steel bars and a bunk bed and a toilet for every two prisoners. with lights that are dimmed at night, with clean prisoner suits and the ability to have clean underwear, a shower and 3 meals a day...

no man woman or child belongs in a cage! NO ONE belongs in a cage. seriously, what's wrong with y'all. HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIX IT?

In a prison cell, with a toilet, and a bed, with 3 meals a day, and access to a shower.... what we give all American prisoners. :rolleyes:

So, cages? Got it.

Cages are like dog kennel fencing with nothing else in there so the dogs can run around, a jail cell has some walls and steel bars and a bunk bed and a toilet for every two prisoners. with lights that are dimmed at night, with clean prisoner suits and the ability to have clean underwear, a shower and 3 meals a day...

Are you going to take some fake photos of yourself crying about illegal border crossers supposedly drinking out of toilets? This little bit of lefty comedy has already been played out. Go back to your writers for some new material.

So, cages? Got it.

Are you going to take some fake photos of yourself crying about illegal border crossers supposedly drinking out of toilets? This little bit of lefty comedy has already been played out. Go back to your writers for some new material.
I do not have to....
the Trump Administrations IG, inspector general, spelled the deplorable conditions of where they are being put and how the detainees are being held.

And it was NOT pretty.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2019-06/OIG-19-47-Jun19.pdf

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

The idea is to not make the american tax payers assume responsibility for people who are here illegally.What's wrong with you people?

So, cages? Got it.

I do not have to.......

So, you're sticking with the "drinking from the toilet" story?

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

The idea is to not make the american tax payers assume responsibility for people who are here illegally.What's wrong with you people?
That’s not the whole idea. This post was about changes to the legal immigration system, not illegal.

Thoughts?

Or even folks that are here legally. You don't come here and collect OUR benefits.

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of Trump and allowed his administration to implement the “public charge” immigration restriction.

Justices Thomas and Gorsuch critiqued the nationwide injunctions abuse by District Judges were a single judge stops National policy, even a Supreme Court Justice can't do that.

The Supreme Court lifted nationwide injunctions imposed by a NY judge.

Reuters reported:

The U.S. Supreme Court gave the go-ahead on Monday for one of President Donald Trump’s immigration policies, allowing his administration to implement the rule denying legal permanent residency to certain immigrants deemed likely to require government assistance in the future.

The justices granted the administration’s request to lift a lower court’s injunction that had blocked the public charge policy.

The action was announced even as Roberts sat as the presiding officer in Trump’s impeachment trial in the U.S. Senate.

"Public Charge" restrictions have been part of our immigration law for over a hundred years. Trump isn't even forbidding benefits, only that a guest will be considered a public charge if the person uses public benefits for a total of 12 months during a 36-month period, with each type of benefit counted separately that is, using two different public subsidies during a month, counts as two and so forth.

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to this position but I think it should be left to the States to decide. There are some agricultural States that probably think it beneficial to budget for seasonal workers. Let the voters of those States decide.

Thoughts?

That’s not the whole idea. This post was about changes to the legal immigration system, not illegal.

Old Lady and I were discussing other things.

I'm not opposed to this position but I think it should be left to the States to decide. There are some agricultural States that probably think it beneficial to budget for seasonal workers. Let the voters of those States decide.
Our Constitution gives Congress authority over entry, not the States, and we have sufficient guest worker programs.

Our Constitution gives Congress authority over entry, not the States, and we have sufficient guest worker programs.

I'm aware of who has authority but Congress also has authority to allow States to supplement Federal law.

I looked this up a couple years ago because I wanted to make sure I wasn't paying social services and subsidies for immigrants. This new rule is a false narrative.

The fact is, immigrants, legal or otherwise are not eligible for welfare or other subsidies.

Fact Sheet: Immigrants and Public Benefits - National Immigration Forum
But now its being enforced.

Crackdown on immigrants who use public benefits takes effect.

Pastor Antonio Velasquez says that before the Trump administration announced a crackdown on immigrants using government social services, people lined up before sunrise outside a state office in a largely Latino Phoenix neighborhood to sign up for food stamps and Medicaid.​

No more.​

“You had to arrive at 3 in the morning, and it might take you until the end of the day,” he said, pointing behind the office in the Maryvale neighborhood to show how long the lines got.​

But no one lined up one recent weekday morning, and there were just a handful of people inside.​

Incentives matter, and we shouldn’t be incentivizing people who have never paid into the system to use it.

I looked this up a couple years ago because I wanted to make sure I wasn't paying social services and subsidies for immigrants. This new rule is a false narrative.

The fact is, immigrants, legal or otherwise are not eligible for welfare or other subsidies.

Fact Sheet: Immigrants and Public Benefits - National Immigration Forum
But now its being enforced.

Crackdown on immigrants who use public benefits takes effect.

Pastor Antonio Velasquez says that before the Trump administration announced a crackdown on immigrants using government social services, people lined up before sunrise outside a state office in a largely Latino Phoenix neighborhood to sign up for food stamps and Medicaid.​

No more.​

“You had to arrive at 3 in the morning, and it might take you until the end of the day,” he said, pointing behind the office in the Maryvale neighborhood to show how long the lines got.​

But no one lined up one recent weekday morning, and there were just a handful of people inside.​

Incentives matter, and we shouldn’t be incentivizing people who have never paid into the system to use it.

Good.

Forum List

Back