New legal immigration changes

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

Trump administration announces rule that could limit legal immigration
The only thing that is really "new" is the enforcement of existing laws.
To apply for U.S. citizenship you must:
Already have a green card.
Be at least 18 years old.
You have lived in the U.S. lawfully as a permanent resident for at least five years unless you are a spouse of a U.S. citizen, refugee, or received your green card through political asylum.
During those five years, you have been physically present in the U.S. for at least half of the time.
You have not spent more than one year at a time outside the U.S.
You have not established a primary home in another country.
You have lived in the state or district where you are filing your application for at least three months.
You have "good moral character."
You can read, write and speak English.
You can pass a test about U.S. history and government.
You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S.

Mmm,

"You have "good moral character."...
You can pass a test about U.S. history and government.
You will swear that you believe in the principles of the U.S. Constitution and will be loyal to the U.S."

We could deport a lot of recent immigrants quite fairly, with these three rules. Immigrants who are scum of the earth, and lied about being loyal to the US or believing in our principles.
30% of federal prisoners are illegal aliens

IMO, ALL of them should be deported once they serve their sentences, AND their associates should be looked at, to see if they are also scum of the earth or anti-Americans.

" Delusional Secular Humanism Gluttony As Expected "

* Carrying Capacity Based On An Obesity Mental Disorder Onward Until Bed Ridden And Immobile *

Fact is that many city’s are overcrowded but our country as a whole is full of open land and ghost towns. We have plenty of room, just need to be smarter with how we use it.
As if over crowded cities can produce enough food in their concrete jungle and back yards , where do you think the crops and livestock are created if not on open lands ?

The next time the left blubbers about pollution , animal extinction and global warming , my answer is going to be , " Oh , shut up . I was told there is plenty of room to bloat the population with millions and billions of hue mammon apes . " .

I don’t support open borders. I support a Legal system to processes travelers and immigrants. Don’t put words in my mouth

Dude. When you say that the foreigners have a right to come here, you are for open borders. Dont' fucking kid yourself.
Yeah well the thing is I never said that, so your fighting against a phrase that you made up. I said I support them in having to opportunity to come here. You’re making this into a “rights” thing. It’s a political word game that you are playing and it isn’t working.

Why do you support them in that?
Because I believe in liberty and providing opportunity/support for the sick and poor and elderly and disabled and uneducated

1. All of them?

2. And how does that compare to Americans' right to want policy that help US?

3. Cause we're not exactly doing that great here. Importing millions of the sick and poor and disabled and uneducated, might be more than we can afford.
No not all of them. We do the best we can. Americans have the right to determine what that is, Ive never said otherwise. “Importing millions of the sick and poor and disabled?” Are you talking about people or goods? Grow a heart

Yeah well the thing is I never said that, so your fighting against a phrase that you made up. I said I support them in having to opportunity to come here. You’re making this into a “rights” thing. It’s a political word game that you are playing and it isn’t working.

Because I believe in liberty

You were granted liberty by way of the U.S. Constitution....this document is not an international document, it does not extend to Mexico or its citizens and you can not extend it to them. How do you struggle with the simplest shit?
What’s a god given right? Something just for Americans or something more?

So, Do you base your support from them coming here on some right of theirs, or not?

WHy not tell us the basis for your position, rather then making us nail down what your position is?
Well I’m glad you asked instead of mistating my position a half dozen times... I base my support on compassion and empathy and the golden rule

So, to be clear, you're dropping the idea that we Americans today, "owe" the want to be immigrants anything because many of US are descended from immigrants?
“Owe” umm I don’t think I’d phrase it like that. I think they deserve the same opportunities that our ancestors had. To say we owe them sounds like a politically loaded term

“Deserve” doesn’t fit either bud...
What have foreigners done to “deserve” to be fostered and funded by your fellow countrymen?
de·serve
/dəˈzərv/
verb
  1. do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).
    "the referee deserves a pat on the back for his bravery"
    synonyms: merit, earn, warrant, rate, justify, be worthy of, be entitled to, have a right to, have a claim on, be qualified for, be good enough for More
They are fellow human beings inhabiting this earth. There is a level of compassion, empathy and basic humanity that some of us feel for all those around us. Sorry you’re missing that gene

The ultimate end game with that thought is OPEN BORDERS. Why? Because compassion overrules law. If someone want in to better themselves then they get in. Period. To not let them in is not compassionate. So if we are only basing our decision on compassion we should have open borders. Then we should supply all their needs as well because that's compassionate too. Failure to supply everyone's needs is a failure of compassion.
I don’t support open borders. I support a Legal system to processes travelers and immigrants. Don’t put words in my mouth

I didn't say you specifically wanted that. But it is the end game if your argument is only based on compassion. Compassion alone says, let anyone in and help everyone. If compassion rules then that's how it must be. A legal system is just a formality of getting people's information so we know who's coming in. After that it's just "let em in" cause we're compassionate.

Every other nation on Earth has standards for immigration that usually favor the nation to whom immigration is sought. I see no reason to do anything different than the rest of the world and have a merit-based system.

Countries take people all the time but they know they need low skill workers sometimes more than high skilled ones.

If US actually got rid of all the illegals in the morning who would actually do there work in the fields and back kitchens... US is close to full employment... Despite what RW news says the US has grown a need for this low wage low skill worker..

If the US thought they could do without them all they have to do is have a heavy fine on all employers of illegal workers... The Trump Administration have not convicted any company of hiring illegals since at least Jan 2018.

You know who would do the work? Americans when we removed their unemployment benefits. We say "here's a job." Then we begin a strong program of workers Visa and bring in as many more workers as we need.

Dude. When you say that the foreigners have a right to come here, you are for open borders. Dont' fucking kid yourself.

You were granted liberty by way of the U.S. Constitution....this document is not an international document, it does not extend to Mexico or its citizens and you can not extend it to them. How do you struggle with the simplest shit?

Just for Americans. If other countries want it, they have it too. Remember what the Constitution said "we the people". We the people created the union. The union of the United State of America. Not the United States of the world.

So it applies to people in America.

Because I believe in liberty and providing opportunity/support for the sick and poor and elderly and disabled and uneducated

1. All of them?

3. Cause we're not exactly doing that great here. Importing millions of the sick and poor and disabled and uneducated, might be more than we can afford.
No not all of them. We do the best we can. Americans have the right to determine what that is, Ive never said otherwise. “Importing millions of the sick and poor and disabled?” Are you talking about people or goods? Grow a heart

1. Thank you for admitting that we as Americans have the right to determine how many immigrants we want to let in.

2. I have a heart. My heart's generosity was exceeded when we passed the 2 million illegals living in the country mark. I want immigration banned until we get BACK to the demographics we had, when we were there.

3. And I don't want you walking back your admission that we, as Americans have the right to choose, with any kind of vague shit about foreigners having the right to a change or the right to fairness or some such shit.

So, Do you base your support from them coming here on some right of theirs, or not?

WHy not tell us the basis for your position, rather then making us nail down what your position is?
Well I’m glad you asked instead of mistating my position a half dozen times... I base my support on compassion and empathy and the golden rule

THe Golden Rule is to treat others as you would have them treat you.

I do expect that other nations would craft national policy to serve the interests of their nations' citizens. I expect that, and respect that.

And I want the same for US.

It is THEM, that are not treating US as they want to be treated.

Just for Americans. If other countries want it, they have it too. Remember what the Constitution said "we the people". We the people created the union. The union of the United State of America. Not the United States of the world.

So it applies to people in America.

Other people in other nations have the same rights. But they are not part of THIS union. They are part of THEIR nations.

It is pathetic that this needs to be explained.

" Delusional Secular Humanism Gluttony As Expected "

* Carrying Capacity Based On An Obesity Mental Disorder Onward Until Bed Ridden And Immobile *

Fact is that many city’s are overcrowded but our country as a whole is full of open land and ghost towns. We have plenty of room, just need to be smarter with how we use it.
As if over crowded cities can produce enough food in their concrete jungle and back yards , where do you think the crops and livestock are created if not on open lands ?

The next time the left blubbers about pollution , animal extinction and global warming , my answer is going to be , " Oh , shut up . I was told there is plenty of room to bloat the population with millions and billions of hue mammon apes . " .
--------------------------------------------- get RID of the meat and beef in particular and that'll Freeup lots of land to grow 'tofu' and open up 'grasshopper' and 'mealy worm' farms MonkEye .

“Owe” umm I don’t think I’d phrase it like that. I think they deserve the same opportunities that our ancestors had. To say we owe them sounds like a politically loaded term

“Deserve” doesn’t fit either bud...
What have foreigners done to “deserve” to be fostered and funded by your fellow countrymen?
de·serve
/dəˈzərv/
verb
  1. do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).
    "the referee deserves a pat on the back for his bravery"
    synonyms: merit, earn, warrant, rate, justify, be worthy of, be entitled to, have a right to, have a claim on, be qualified for, be good enough for More
They are fellow human beings inhabiting this earth. There is a level of compassion, empathy and basic humanity that some of us feel for all those around us. Sorry you’re missing that gene

The ultimate end game with that thought is OPEN BORDERS. Why? Because compassion overrules law. If someone want in to better themselves then they get in. Period. To not let them in is not compassionate. So if we are only basing our decision on compassion we should have open borders. Then we should supply all their needs as well because that's compassionate too. Failure to supply everyone's needs is a failure of compassion.

I didn't say you specifically wanted that. But it is the end game if your argument is only based on compassion. Compassion alone says, let anyone in and help everyone. If compassion rules then that's how it must be. A legal system is just a formality of getting people's information so we know who's coming in. After that it's just "let em in" cause we're compassionate.
That’s BS, if you can’t debate me and my points and need to bring in the extreme absolutist scenarios then we aren’t having an honest debate. This zero compromise/slippery slope argument that you’re using gets really old. It’s not an all or nothing game

1. All of them?

1. Thank you for admitting that we as Americans have the right to determine how many immigrants we want to let in.

2. I have a heart. My heart's generosity was exceeded when we passed the 2 million illegals living in the country mark. I want immigration banned until we get BACK to the demographics we had, when we were there.

3. And I don't want you walking back your admission that we, as Americans have the right to choose, with any kind of vague shit about foreigners having the right to a change or the right to fairness or some such shit.
I never claimed anything about rights. You injected that into the conversation. I’m expressing my opinion about the things that I support.

You might want to let that heart of yours know that we import goods not people. So when you complain about “importing the sick poor and disabled” it is a tactic to dehumanize them. No need to do that.

THe Golden Rule is to treat others as you would have them treat you.

I do expect that other nations would craft national policy to serve the interests of their nations' citizens. I expect that, and respect that.

And I want the same for US.

It is THEM, that are not treating US as they want to be treated.
Your weren’t comparing apples to apples with that example but I get your point. I’d hope that if I wanted to move to another country there would be a pathway for me to be able to do that as long as I followed the right process. If I was desperate and needed help I hope that I could find some

USA is importing the sick . poor and disabled plus they are mostly imported third worlders . Wasn't that lefty 'emma lazurus' plan as she wrote her terrible poem Slade .

USA is importing the sick . poor and disabled plus they are mostly imported third worlders . Wasn't that lefty 'emma lazurus' plan as she wrote her terrible poem Slade .
Whatever you say Pis

I mean , that 'emma lazurus;
Whatever you say Pis
----------------------------------------------- I mean , hey , that 'emma lazurus' poem begs for all the imported sick . poor and huddled masses and that's likely what you were taught since kindergarten Slade . And then 'dead teddy kennedy' made that stupid poem the law of the USA in 1965-66 Slade .

1. All of them?

I never claimed anything about rights. You injected that into the conversation. I’m expressing my opinion about the things that I support.

You might want to let that heart of yours know that we import goods not people. So when you complain about “importing the sick poor and disabled” it is a tactic to dehumanize them. No need to do that.

They have massively abused my nation, and my nations generous nature, so I'm completely comfortable using harsh language in discussing them.

My points all stand.

and then you lefty emotion driven lefties use emotion in importation / immigration of third world problems into the USA . As example , see 'ilham omar' Slade .

Forum List

Back