NBA Playoffs

Not saying you personally, but in general. I mean can't the guy just get the recognition he deserves for even just a LITTLE while for what he did this year?

I'll tell you right now, MJ never did what lebron just did. MJ couldn't wear lebrons shoes. The dude plays every position with dominance. And it also appears as though he's finally grown up too, which the rest of the league should be afraid of
Agree except the part about mj not being able to wear lebrons shoes. When I imagine mj playing lebron I imagine Jordan being quicker, missing less and shutting lebron down. Im sure Jordan would have got in lebrons head. And the bulls team would have destroyed the cavs 2016.

But then again lebron beat the team that beat the bulls record.

Do you think green feels responsible for the golden state meltdown? If he didn't get kicked out of game 5 golden state would have back to back championships and I'd be making fun of lebron. Instead we're talking goat

In 1988, Michael Jordan won Defensive Player of the Year while averaging over 37 points a game.

Nine NBA 1st Team All Defensive Team. He could lock down players but was mainly asked to score. They guy could play D and score.

Michael is by far the best player, he played in a more physical era. The question isn't who the best is, Jordan is, it is who second best is.
Jordan played in an era where you could have much more contact on defense. So it's not completely fair to judge based on his defense.

Michael was a scorer. Could you ask michael to play the 5? Or the 4? Could be lead his team in blocked shots, rebounds, assists, and points? Did he have the physical build that allowed him to basically man handle any other player in the league? Nobody scored better than Jordan for sure. But I'm sorry man but he falls short of lebron James. You couldn't plug MJ into any team and automatically have a conference champ no matter who else is on the team. You can put lebron on the sixers right now and they're the favorite to win the east just like that. He's not the better choice man. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, I'd take Jordan all day long. You are the one that brought up defense and Jordan was 1st team for 9 years and DPoY. He could pass, defend, rebound and do whatever he wanted. Lebron isn't my number 2 guy. Russell, Chamberlin and Jabbar are in there.

If Irving hadn't stepped up the Cavs were done. James is good but he needs help.
So did jabbar Chamberland & Jordan. Maybe you are saying they had more of the eye of the tiger than lebron has? I'll tell you what. Lebron may now know how to win. How to step it up. What if lebron wins the next two years? Remember he's still writing his story.

Who did well in the draft? Are the Knicks going to be good with d rose?

I never said they didn't. But someone is making it sound that Lebron did it all by himself.

This is why I like Lebron. Not only is he a GOAT but he has grown as a person.

I didn't realize how intelligent and articulate LeBron Is until I saw that video. Sure he throws in some Ebonics once in a while and a few expletives but he makes himself clearly understood. I was most impressed with his charismatic demeanor and the bearing of a general or a …well, the bearing of a King. He will be back next year trying to start a dynasty. I wish him well.

Not saying you personally, but in general. I mean can't the guy just get the recognition he deserves for even just a LITTLE while for what he did this year?

I'll tell you right now, MJ never did what lebron just did. MJ couldn't wear lebrons shoes. The dude plays every position with dominance. And it also appears as though he's finally grown up too, which the rest of the league should be afraid of
Agree except the part about mj not being able to wear lebrons shoes. When I imagine mj playing lebron I imagine Jordan being quicker, missing less and shutting lebron down. Im sure Jordan would have got in lebrons head. And the bulls team would have destroyed the cavs 2016.

Do you think green feels responsible for the golden state meltdown? If he didn't get kicked out of game 5 golden state would have back to back championships and I'd be making fun of lebron. Instead we're talking goat
It's impossible to say that it's because green was suspended. There's no way to know that. They got beat in game 6 and 7 with green in there so why is assumed they would've won if he was there in game 5?

It's impossible to say that it's because green was suspended. There's no way to know that. They got beat in game 6 and 7 with green in there so why is assumed they would've won if he was there in game 5?
Him being out game 5 in golden state was PROBABLY the main factor of why they lost IMO. Think about it. If he was in game 5 they probably would have won. Then game 6 in Cleveland. No biggy if they lose right? That's why they have home court advantage. No worries, we got this.

But then golden state choked in game 7. Who wouldn't be nervous after losing 2 in a row?

I love it that it happened. Made for an interesting playoff

Him being out game 5 in golden state was PROBABLY the main factor of why they lost IMO. Think about it. If he was in game 5 they probably would have won. Then game 6 in Cleveland. No biggy if they lose right? That's why they have home court advantage. No worries, we got this.

But then golden state choked in game 7. Who wouldn't be nervous after losing 2 in a row?

That's a stretch. They lost the last 2 with him there so I don't assume that at all. And no, they shouldn't be nervous in game 7 because they were the champs. Act like you been there, yo

That's a stretch. They lost the last 2 with him there so I don't assume that at all. And no, they shouldn't be nervous in game 7 because they were the champs. Act like you been there, yo
You know what I'm saying though. I'm sure they told themselves, "they only beat us cause Green was out" and then "they only beat us because it was in Cleveland. Relax, we got this one. No way we will lose at home in game 7", but that's the biggest game of their careers. They'd never been in a game 7 NBA finals before.

And it's not a stretch because it happened. Curry choked. I guess Lebron's not the only guy to ever choke in a NBA finals.

In fact OKC came very very very close to choking in game 6 vs. OKC. Curry and Thompson all of the sudden caught fire and made crazy shots. What are the chances they'd make all those shots at the end of the game? Sooo lucky. But their luck ran out after game 4 when Green kicked someones balls AGAIN!

Then the Cleveland Role players started believing and started to do their job. I thought Irvin would choke, instead he scored 40 points.

I've said it before. NBA finals are where you make a name for yourself in the NBA. I hardly know anything about Anthony Davis' NBA career because I don't watch New Orleans regular season games. I'm sure he is great but who cares if it doesn't translate into an NBA championship or at least competing for one.

I didn't realize how intelligent and articulate LeBron Is until I saw that video. Sure he throws in some Ebonics once in a while and a few expletives but he makes himself clearly understood. I was most impressed with his charismatic demeanor and the bearing of a general or a …well, the bearing of a King. He will be back next year trying to start a dynasty. I wish him well.

I like the fact he is not ashamed to use Ebonics. More Black people shouldnt give a damn what white people think about them using it. Other people speak Spanish, Japanese, Tagalog, etc etc but for some reason people pass out when Black people speak Ebonics.

I like the fact he is not ashamed to use Ebonics. More Black people shouldnt give a damn what white people think about them using it. Other people speak Spanish, Japanese, Tagalog, etc etc but for some reason people pass out when Black people speak Ebonics.

I agree. Ebonics has its place and if a Black person chooses to use it to communicate colloquially with his/her own people screw the critics and do it. But; I personally would prefer that ALL African American children are taught Swahili as a second language. Probably the best vehicle for doing that would be via social media or organized computer community forums. Churches could also play a major role in helping to empower the Black community by reconnecting with its African roots and by becoming bilingual .

Why did anyone not think that Lebron was smart and articulate. He has always seemed that way to me.

Why did anyone not think that Lebron was smart and articulate. He has always seemed that way to me.
Indeed, he has. But that homecoming speech where he shared credit with his team mates for the win was unparalleled IMHO by any previous speech by him. James' mental sharpness and diction was really never in question; but, in the op video It dawned upon me just how much of an orator James is. I had thought of him as a product of inner city schools who had never gone to college. That last speech has forever changed how I view LeBron James.

I would love to know what was being said in this game

Lebron was like "get that shit outta here"

Curry was like "for real dog? imma light yo ass up from the half court line."

To me the look says " seriously dude? You're still down in the series. Are you going to appreciate it when we taunt you after we have the game in hand in game 7. Seriously dude, you're being a dick right now. We're still the champs. You're still gonna have to beat us two more game or in golden state. Show some class."

And while I agreed with curry at the time it was happening, it looks like in retrospect lebron got in his head. And lebron was growing more confident. And curry was struggling. I would have bet $100 the warriors would prevail at home in game 7 with green back. Why not after what happened in games 1&2. But then game 7 was close in the 4th quarter. How much does home court really matter? Did it stop lebron from making that block? Or stop irving from making that 3? Or stop lebron from making 1 of 2 free throws to end the game?

And home court didn't help curry heat up enough to win. When it's a one game playoff he choked. Golden state weren't themselves. Green delivered but hardly anyone else. Thompson did his job. But none of the other players stood up. What happened to the warriors who were so deep they beat Cleveland even when curry and Thompson didn't score a combined 20 points in one of the first two games.

Did Cleveland stup up or did golen state choke. If you had to pick one?

Indeed, he has. But that homecoming speech where he shared credit with his team mates for the win was unparalleled IMHO by any previous speech by him. James' mental sharpness and diction was really never in question; but, in the op video It dawned upon me just how much of an orator James is. I had thought of him as a product of inner city schools who had never gone to college. That last speech has forever changed how I view LeBron James.
There are some people who are naturally gifted with intelligence no matter their upbringing. Does he have a father and was his mother a good mother? II think I may have heard he didn't have a dad and his mom was on drugs? Is that true?

If so, he may have had good mentors/coaches/agent? He's definitely smart and he has to have had positive influence in his life. Kids don't teach themselves. You guys got me wondering what he will do after basketball. Just because he's the best basketball player now doesn't mean that's it. Look at Michael strayhan. He's hosting a game show, good morning america and dissing Kelly rippa.

I watched him speak in HS and he was a little rough like most teenage boys are from the hood. Obviously he worked on his communication and vocabulary without attending college. I prefer people like that to people that have had an easy ride.all through life and went to college on mommy and daddys dime.

There are some people who are naturally gifted with intelligence no matter their upbringing. Does he have a father and was his mother a good mother? II think I may have heard he didn't have a dad and his mom was on drugs? Is that true?

If so, he may have had good mentors/coaches/agent? He's definitely smart and he has to have had positive influence in his life. Kids don't teach themselves. You guys got me wondering what he will do after basketball. Just because he's the best basketball player now doesn't mean that's it. Look at Michael strayhan. He's hosting a game show, good morning america and dissing Kelly rippa.
Everyone has a dad but I think LeBron, like Dr Ben Carson, was raised by a single mom. I don't know for sure. But so was Willy Brandt and Bill Clinton. So what is your point?

All Black kids who are raised by a single parent do not turn out bad. None I know have ever turned out to be as bad as Hitler, Stalin and Mao, all of whom had two parents s fa as I know. I could be wrong but if I am some one will correct me. I don't feel like researching that right now but I know Hitler was raised by two parents for sure.

To me the look says " seriously dude? You're still down in the series. Are you going to appreciate it when we taunt you after we have the game in hand in game 7. Seriously dude, you're being a dick right now. We're still the champs. You're still gonna have to beat us two more game or in golden state. Show some class."

And while I agreed with curry at the time it was happening, it looks like in retrospect lebron got in his head. And lebron was growing more confident. And curry was struggling. I would have bet $100 the warriors would prevail at home in game 7 with green back. Why not after what happened in games 1&2. But then game 7 was close in the 4th quarter. How much does home court really matter? Did it stop lebron from making that block? Or stop irving from making that 3? Or stop lebron from making 1 of 2 free throws to end the game?

And home court didn't help curry heat up enough to win. When it's a one game playoff he choked. Golden state weren't themselves. Green delivered but hardly anyone else. Thompson did his job. But none of the other players stood up. What happened to the warriors who were so deep they beat Cleveland even when curry and Thompson didn't score a combined 20 points in one of the first two games.

I think Golden State choked on Cleveland's defense. The Thunder softened them up and shook their confidence. Cleveland, emboldened by their miracle win in game 5 and the double whammy of Love and LeBron in game 6, could not be denied in game 7.

Next year, I don't expect Golden State to make it past OKC to get to the finals. But you ca bet your life that LeBron and company will be there. OKC will be a tougher foe than GS, in my opinion.

I think Golden State choked on Cleveland's defense. The Thunder softened them up and shook their confidence. Cleveland, emboldened by their miracle win in game 5 and the double whammy of Love and LeBron in game 6, could not be denied in game 7.

Next year, I don't expect Golden State to make it past OKC to get to the finals. But you ca bet your life that LeBron and company will be there. OKC will be a tougher foe than GS, in my opinion.

I hope so!

Forum List

Back