If I were the owner of a Baseball team

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
If I were the owner of a MLB registered baseball team...
I would play against the Phillies when its our turn to do so, but I would never have it played within the city limits of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or Harrisburg.

It will always have to be in a Neutral Stadium when we play against the Phillies.

And I would absolutely tell the MLB exactly why.

Because Philadelphia is a city full of just plain disgusting, disposable human trash that have as much of a concept of Sportsmanship, as they have a concept of social skills or humanity period.

I can understand fans cheering for their home team.... that is always expected, and that has always been, always will be, and is in fact part of Sportsmanship.
I will not have my team subjected to abuse by the fans.

And until you start taking away the income generated by the Phillies every time their fans engage in any form of abusive behavior, whether it be Racism and Bigotry, Insulting the visiting team's prowess, skills and legitimacy for example screaming "sucks" "Sucks" Sucks".....
or throwing rubbish at the visiting team...

We will not play against the Phillies in a stadium that is inclined to support the Phillies.

The fans have as much of a responsibility of Sportsmanship as the teams and the players themselves.

If you want us to play against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, or in other Pennsylvanian MLB parks that are inclined to support the Phillies against us, you need to take the responsibility of enforcing sportsmanship.

Because you can't beat your way to respect.
The Yankees have routinely beaten the Phillies at the home stadium of the Phillies.
You can't win Sportsmanship.

In fact, winning against the Phillies only adds to the obvious Resentment that they have of being Poor, living in relative squalor, and having inferior Educational quality and Inferior schools, and a lackluster Police department, generally poorer health, and noticeably less attractive people than other areas, and amongst other things, Inferior grade D professional sports teams.

You can't win in that kind of environment anywhere OTHER than on the scoreboard.

You need to do something to enforce some measure of civility.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh has one of the nicest baseball fan bases I've ever encountered. Every time I've gone to PNC Park, the fans and staff were great. I'm not sure why you wouldn't play in Pittsburgh.

Is this a generalization or did something happen that I missed? I googled Phillies fans and limited it to the past week and didn't note anything negative. Think idiots are everywhere, historically Philly has had more than its share but I sort of recall a very serious injury to a fan in San Francisco or L.A. last season caused by a beating.

Forum List

Back