NBA Playoffs

This is why I like Lebron. Not only is he a GOAT but he has grown as a person.

I would love to know what was being said in this game

Lebron was like "get that shit outta here"

Curry was like "for real dog? imma light yo ass up from the half court line."

To me the look says " seriously dude? You're still down in the series. Are you going to appreciate it when we taunt you after we have the game in hand in game 7. Seriously dude, you're being a dick right now. We're still the champs. You're still gonna have to beat us two more game or in golden state. Show some class."

And while I agreed with curry at the time it was happening, it looks like in retrospect lebron got in his head. And lebron was growing more confident. And curry was struggling. I would have bet $100 the warriors would prevail at home in game 7 with green back. Why not after what happened in games 1&2. But then game 7 was close in the 4th quarter. How much does home court really matter? Did it stop lebron from making that block? Or stop irving from making that 3? Or stop lebron from making 1 of 2 free throws to end the game?

And home court didn't help curry heat up enough to win. When it's a one game playoff he choked. Golden state weren't themselves. Green delivered but hardly anyone else. Thompson did his job. But none of the other players stood up. What happened to the warriors who were so deep they beat Cleveland even when curry and Thompson didn't score a combined 20 points in one of the first two games.

Did Cleveland stup up or did golen state choke. If you had to pick one?

I think Golden State choked on Cleveland's defense. The Thunder softened them up and shook their confidence. Cleveland, emboldened by their miracle win in game 5 and the double whammy of Love and LeBron in game 6, could not be denied in game 7.

Next year, I don't expect Golden State to make it past OKC to get to the finals. But you ca bet your life that LeBron and company will be there. OKC will be a tougher foe than GS, in my opinion.

Sure Cleveland will make, they are in the east, they have no competition. As far as the west? Anyone's guess, if Durant leaves OKC, then they are done. The Warriors need some big bodies, they should attract some good FAs. San Antonio is also a very good team capable of making a deep run. The Clips if they get a good player or two is also a contender.

Warriors learned a valuable lesson, don't burn all your gas in the regular season.

This is why I like Lebron. Not only is he a GOAT but he has grown as a person.

To me the look says " seriously dude? You're still down in the series. Are you going to appreciate it when we taunt you after we have the game in hand in game 7. Seriously dude, you're being a dick right now. We're still the champs. You're still gonna have to beat us two more game or in golden state. Show some class."

And while I agreed with curry at the time it was happening, it looks like in retrospect lebron got in his head. And lebron was growing more confident. And curry was struggling. I would have bet $100 the warriors would prevail at home in game 7 with green back. Why not after what happened in games 1&2. But then game 7 was close in the 4th quarter. How much does home court really matter? Did it stop lebron from making that block? Or stop irving from making that 3? Or stop lebron from making 1 of 2 free throws to end the game?

And home court didn't help curry heat up enough to win. When it's a one game playoff he choked. Golden state weren't themselves. Green delivered but hardly anyone else. Thompson did his job. But none of the other players stood up. What happened to the warriors who were so deep they beat Cleveland even when curry and Thompson didn't score a combined 20 points in one of the first two games.

I think Golden State choked on Cleveland's defense. The Thunder softened them up and shook their confidence. Cleveland, emboldened by their miracle win in game 5 and the double whammy of Love and LeBron in game 6, could not be denied in game 7.

Next year, I don't expect Golden State to make it past OKC to get to the finals. But you ca bet your life that LeBron and company will be there. OKC will be a tougher foe than GS, in my opinion.

Sure Cleveland will make, they are in the east, they have no competition. As far as the west? Anyone's guess, if Durant leaves OKC, then they are done. The Warriors need some big bodies, they should attract some good FAs. San Antonio is also a very good team capable of making a deep run. The Clips if they get a good player or two is also a contender.

Warriors learned a valuable lesson, don't burn all your gas in the regular season.

Cleveland does appear to have an easier time of it in the East with sweeps. They don't have to put everything on the line to win most of the time during the eastern conference finals. The west is another story. Those guys wear each other out while a healthy well rested Cleveland is playing ping pong and drinking spring water.

And yes ,Steve Kerr ought to have taken a hint from Phil Jackson and the Lakers during the regular season. Win just enough to make the playoffs…let the bench practices on the other teams and play the starters less minutes. Then they will be fresh for the playoffs and the bench will be better than ever.

Cleveland does appear to have an easier time of it in the East with sweeps. They don't have to put everything on the line to win most of the time during the eastern conference finals. The west is another story. Those guys wear each other out while a healthy well rested Cleveland is playing ping pong and drinking spring water.

And yes ,Steve Kerr ought to have taken a hint from Phil Jackson and the Lakers during the regular season. Win just enough to make the playoffs…let the bench practices on the other teams and play the starters less minutes. Then they will be fresh for the playoffs and the bench will be better than ever.
What about home court? It matters

Home court didn't seem to matter this year. And, a well rested and less battered starting crew would offset any home court advantage their battered, tired opponent might have. And the home court team would probably be more beat up by finals time. That equation is only true if the two teams are both good teams.

Home court didn't seem to matter this year. And, a well rested and less battered starting crew would offset any home court advantage their battered, tired opponent might have. And the home court team would probably be more beat up by finals time. That equation is only true if the two teams are both good teams.
Home court sure mattered in games 1-4 & 6. In fact who know about game 5 because green was out.

Home court sure mattered in games 1-4 & 6. In fact who know about game 5 because green was out.

Game 3, 5 & 7 were won by the road team. Green being out doesn't mean a thing, if he played in game 5 as poorly as he played in 6 & 7, the Warriors still would have lost.

Green played dirty and got his punishment. Absolutely low class to hit people in the balls, he knew better. If he can dish it out, then him and his team needs to accept the punishment.

Last edited:

Game 3, 5 & 7 were won by the road team. Green being out doesn't mean a thing, if he played in game 5 as poorly as he played in 6 & 7, the Warriors still would have lost.

Green played dirty and got his punishment. Absolutely low class to hit people in the balls, he knew better. If he can dish it out, then him and his team needs to accept the punishment.
Wait a minute. Are you saying Cleveland was down 3 games to nothing going into game 4? Or are you saying Golden State didn't win the first two games? Did Cleveland lost game 3 really?

Wait a minute. Are you saying Cleveland was down 3 games to nothing going into game 4? Or are you saying Golden State didn't win the first two games? Did Cleveland lost game 3 really?

Sorry I got games 3 and 4 confused. However, both were played in Cleveland so games 4, 5 and 7 were won by the road team.

Sorry I got games 3 and 4 confused. However, both were played in Cleveland so games 4, 5 and 7 were won by the road team.
I honestly think throw home court out the window if its game 7. I would feed off quieting the crowd if I was the visitors. And it'd be more stress for the home team worrying about choking in front of home court.

I'm glad there aren't any dynasty's. Even the spurs don't win two in a row. That's very hard. Will lebron repeat?

I honestly think throw home court out the window if its game 7. I would feed off quieting the crowd if I was the visitors. And it'd be more stress for the home team worrying about choking in front of home court.

I'm glad there aren't any dynasty's. Even the spurs don't win two in a row. That's very hard. Will lebron repeat?
I certainly hope there's a repeat.
The only thing that could top that is the Browns going all the way after the Tribe wins the World Series.

If Wade comes to Cleveland its a shoo in. But, like Durant, he is prone to injury.

I certainly hope there's a repeat.
The only thing that could top that is the Browns going all the way after the Tribe wins the World Series.

I'd kind of like to see a dynasty in the East for a while but does Cleveland have the right pieces? Will some ringless superstar FAs come forward to take a salary cut and join the Cavs in setting up a dynasty?

If Wade comes to Cleveland its a shoo in. But, like Durant, he is prone to injury.
---
Maybe that was a major consideration for Durant in going to GSW; although he's taking a pay cut in California (post taxes), he may be able to reduce his "prone to injury" concern while having more fun.
Durant's decision on Independent's Day was nicely timed!

---
Maybe that was a major consideration for Durant in going to GSW; although he's taking a pay cut in California (post taxes), he may be able to reduce his "prone to injury" concern while having more fun.

The four in Golden State should help all of them to rest during the long season. This should cut down on the fatigue and injuries.

---
The four in Golden State should help all of them to rest during the long season. This should cut down on the fatigue and injuries.
---
I think the Dubs have learned their lesson. Winning 73 is not as important as the championship.
Even with Durant, they will probably win less than 70, or even 65, since they won't have a deep bench anymore.
If the 4 Dubs star players stay healthy next year in the playoffs, along with the Cavs stars, it will be another test for Lebron's greatness.

go Warriors, Hornets, Clippers, Blazers, Mavs & Jazz!

Steph or Linsanity or Griffin or Meyers Leonard or Gordon Hayward or Westbrook or Chandler Parsons or Dragic or Gerald Green will be the MVP!
Can I jump start this thread since I hate starting new ones?

Who's going to win this year?

Milwaukee?
Boston?
Miami?
Golden State?
Phoenix?

I can't take any other teams seriously. If Memphis beats Golden State that just means the Suns for sure win the West.

6 years later. Don't you love it that your thread never died?

The east is winnable for everyone named Toronto, Cleveland.

A seven game series will doom the Pistons.
Just wait till 2023.

1651774849052.png

I like the fact he is not ashamed to use Ebonics. More Black people shouldnt give a damn what white people think about them using it. Other people speak Spanish, Japanese, Tagalog, etc etc but for some reason people pass out when Black people speak Ebonics.
Only hurting yourselves.

But yes, once you are a millionaire, speak any language you want.

Notice we still hate Kyrie Irving even though he speaks proper English? It's because he's an idiot

Bucks or the suns will win
I will be happy for Chris Paul. Poor little guy. One of the greatest to never win.

But I would LOVE Yianni to be a back to back champ. That will solidify him as one of the greatest. He's not there yet but close. Soon. A few more seasons with the numbers he's putting up.

Right now Yianni is the greatest basketball player in the world. Agree?

Forum List

Back