NAACP Covers George Washington Statue on MLK Day

Very respectfully blocked it off....he WAS a slave owner, you know.

You do know there were some Blacks that owned slaves also? ;)

And there are some gays who vote for anti-gay legislature....

Your point would be?

My point is that the NAACP is so fixate on the fact that 'the White man' owned slaves when their own race owned slaves as well. Not to mention that most of the slaves that were owned by the White settlers were slaves to begin with in Africa by other Blacks. But we never see or hear them talk about that now do we? They would rather make 'the White man' out to be devils than to admit that their own race did the same thing.

It isn't illegal. If you want to live here and crap all over the Founding Fathers don't expect it not to ruffle a few feathers.

Washington was a slave owner and holder, why should any black honor on a MLK celebration? I would never honor a slave holder and owner, my point stands, some whites don't care about anyone's humanity except their own.
Ok....What does George Washington's ownership of slaves have to do with anything?
Did it ever occur to you knee jerk reaction black people that some of the elected officials whom you agree with may in fact be descendants of slave owners while the white conservatives you hate with such vitriol may not have had family in the US before 1900?
You people on the Left are very cute with your selective persecutions.
I read all the nonsense about the wealthy than comes from your side while some of the wealthiest people on Washington and those wealthy elitists in Hollywood get a hall pass.
What horse shit you spew.
You people love to yammer on and on claiming victim status while lashing out at your alleged oppressors. Cram it up your ass.
I am sick and tired of black people running around calling everyone that dares to criticize them a racist while they practice racism with impunity...
Every time one you people plays the race card, I will be there to call you on it.
If it's really racism or race baiting, I am with you 100% ....I hate and denounce racial hatred and bigotry. However, I will not stand by while the race card is played purely for political gain.
If you want allies in the battle vs racism, be genuine about it.
Those people who chose to cover the statue practiced blatant racism and disrespect.
They are closed minded and exclusionary.
MLK Day is not a celebration of "Blacks only"....In fact I have my doubts many black people born in the last 45 years have a clue what Dr.King stood for and what his message was.
I am sick of black people who conveniently forget these words ......"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

Unfortunately there are prominent liberal black leaders who have forgotten those words.
These men have fostered a continued distrust between blacks and people of other races. They have enriched themselves by seeing to it that black people are perpetual victims.

This is what most Whites who do not like Blacks are basing their hatred on. They Hate Blacks because of their 'character' NOT their color. This is why I do not like most Blacks. Their character is uncivil and they blame ME for slavery. LOL! My ancestors where mostly Irish and never owned a slave.

Washington was a slave owner and holder, why should any black honor on a MLK celebration? I would never honor a slave holder and owner, my point stands, some whites don't care about anyone's humanity except their own.
Ok....What does George Washington's ownership of slaves have to do with anything?
Did it ever occur to you knee jerk reaction black people that some of the elected officials whom you agree with may in fact be descendants of slave owners while the white conservatives you hate with such vitriol may not have had family in the US before 1900?
I read all the nonsense about the wealthy than comes from your side while some of the wealthiest people on Washington and those wealthy elitists in Hollywood get a hall pass.
You people love to yammer on and on claiming victim status while lashing out at your alleged oppressors. Cram it up your ass.
I am sick and tired of black people running around calling everyone that dares to criticize them a racist while they practice racism with impunity...
Every time one you people plays the race card, I will be there to call you on it.
If it's really racism or race baiting, I am with you 100% ....I hate and denounce racial hatred and bigotry. However, I will not stand by while the race card is played purely for political gain.
Those people who chose to cover the statue practiced blatant racism and disrespect.
MLK Day is not a celebration of "Blacks only"....In fact I have my doubts many black people born in the last 45 years have a clue what Dr.King stood for and what his message was.
I am sick of black people who conveniently forget these words ......"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

Unfortunately there are prominent liberal black leaders who have forgotten those words.
These men have fostered a continued distrust between blacks and people of other races. They have enriched themselves by seeing to it that black people are perpetual victims.

This is what most Whites who do not like Blacks are basing their hatred on. They Hate Blacks because of their 'character' NOT their color. This is why I do not like most Blacks. Their character is uncivil and they blame ME for slavery. LOL! My ancestors where mostly Irish and never owned a slave.

This is why most Blacks don't like White people. You continue to deny that your past generation of relatives never had slaves and even if they didn't they still treated Black people as if they were they less than human. The one thing that gets to me is the N word is blamed on the Black man using it today, but it started with the Irish, Scotish, English who did have slaves and used the N word to keep the Black man and woman under their control. Because afterall, the black slave at that time had no say or human rights or freedom of speech.

It's not all about slavery though. It's also about the shitty treatment after slavery up through the 1960's and the civil rights movement. It's all too easy to sanitize the past and say "slavery ended 150 years ago." That fails to admit that the shitty treatment lasted into living memory. There are many many people alive who lived through those difficult times. There are still some people alive whose parents were slaves, or at the very least lived though such atrocities as the race riots of 1898, or the massacres in Tulsa, and numerous other events.

I do think there is a lot of bitterness and resentment passed down from still living people who went through some of those things. That doesn't make racism against whites right wither. It puts into perspective the fact that a lot of whites will state "my ancestors weren't slave owners," while their ancestors actively participated in lynchings, and enforcing segregation, etc, and generally pissing on those they deemed to be lower on the social totem pole.

This is why most Blacks don't like White people. You continue to deny that your past generation of relatives never had slaves and even if they didn't they still treated Black people as if they were they less than human. The one thing that gets to me is the N word is blamed on the Black man using it today, but it started with the Irish, Scotish, English who did have slaves and used the N word to keep the Black man and woman under their control. Because afterall, the black slave at that time had no say or human rights or freedom of speech.

My ancestors were brought here as slaves themselves, ever hear of Irish slaves? YES, Irish slaves! Blacks were not the only slaves at the time and were not the only ones treated as less than human. So NO, my relatives didn't treat the Blacks badly when they too were treated badly. But you don't see us using it to our advantage and claim we are owed anything.

The Slaves That Time Forgot

It isn't illegal. If you want to live here and crap all over the Founding Fathers don't expect it not to ruffle a few feathers.

I'm sick of those whites who know nothing really about Dr King except for "I have a dream" snippets and or have repackaged and remade Dr King into this man who didn't fight against racism, I have posted numerous times more of his speeches, the ones he made right before he died and this harmless Dr King that today's whites and some misguided Negroes have created is nothing like the real Dr King.

I'm sick of those whites who know nothing really about Dr King except for "I have a dream" snippets and or have repackaged and remade Dr King into this man who didn't fight against racism, I have posted numerous times more of his speeches, the ones he made right before he died and this harmless Dr King that today's whites and some misguided Negroes have created is nothing like the real Dr King.

Some Whites know plenty about King. Here are some things that many Blacks don't want anyone to know about King. If you don't believe me on any of this, you have a computer, look it up yourself. You may learn more than you want to know.

Martin Luther King, Jr. is not his real name, it was Michael King, Jr. His family traveled to Europe in 1934 and visited Germany. His father changed both of their names to Martin Luther after the German Protestant leader Martin Luther. His name change was never legalized in court, his true name to this day is still Michael King, Jr.

His first sermon was later found to be plagiarized including his first book "Stride Toward Freedom". Also his doctoral dissertation "A Comparison of the Conceptions of God in the Thinking of Paul Tillich and Harry Nelson Wieman" contains numerous full sentences plagiarized from "The Place of Reason in Paul Tillich's Concept of God" written by Dr. Jack Boozer. Other writings of his was also found to be plagiarized.

The FBI tapes made on 'Michael King' were sealed from public access until 2027. Why? What is on those tapes that is so discriminating that they didn't want the public to know about? What about King are they so afraid of telling us?

There is more, but I don't have time to list all of it.

Last edited:
Slavery was an inhumane, immoral behavior by many early Americans.

American segregation was an inhumane, immoral behavior by many early Americans.

White indentured servitude was not the same thing as African slavery in America.

If someone does not like a particular color or origin of people, I don't care; just stay away from me. However, do not justify your stupidity with a false reading of history.

You do know there were some Blacks that owned slaves also? ;)

Your point would be?

My point is that the NAACP is so fixate on the fact that 'the White man' owned slaves when their own race owned slaves as well. Not to mention that most of the slaves that were owned by the White settlers were slaves to begin with in Africa by other Blacks. But we never see or hear them talk about that now do we? They would rather make 'the White man' out to be devils than to admit that their own race did the same thing.

No, your point is that "they did it too"...which is a very weak point. Now, you'd have a point if one of those black slave holders had become a leader of this country (Ha!) back then and he had a statue and it was NOT covered by the NAACP. But you're not going to see any of those Black Founding Father statues, are you?

Your post is rejected.
Don't you dare tell me anything about me or my ancestors. My family did not arrive here in the US until the early part of the 20th century.
Your assumption that because I am white I MUST have treated blacks poorly. Bullshit generalization. I reject it.
This has nothing to do with the word "******".
This is about assumptions and generalizations. It is about black people looking at a white person and saying. "we just assume all you white folks hate us"...
More bullshit.
As a matter of fact white people on both sides of the aisle have done far more than their share to improve race relations.
Time after time we are beaten back by those who profit off fanning the flames of racism.
Just where do you think people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be if they didn't show up every time the opportunity presented itself for a photo opp?
If there were no manufactured or "set ups" these two guys would be selling replacement windows or doing some other real job.
Cut the crap. I deal with people on a one to one basis. With me everyone starts off with an "A".....Most people are like that.
Unfortunately there are far too many who like to make assumptions or have prejudices that make them feel comfortable.
As I have previously stated....do not listen to or read what people write..Pay attention to what they do.
I am sick of "I thought you white people...".

A proud, intelligent and more mature people would have used the statue as a example of how far they have come, without covering it up.

I'm pretty sure the decision to wall it off was not made unanimously or even democratically by the 'people' you attempt to implicitly malign. It was likely one person's decision or at most the decision of a very few. And again, it was the prudent thing to do. The fact that it seems to piss you off so much says more about you than anyone else.
Never mind the cryptic bullshit....What DOES it say about those who disagree with the covering of the statue?
It upsets me because the gesture is closed minded and exclusionary.
If you don't like that, tough.

It's not all about slavery though. It's also about the shitty treatment after slavery up through the 1960's and the civil rights movement. It's all too easy to sanitize the past and say "slavery ended 150 years ago." That fails to admit that the shitty treatment lasted into living memory. There are many many people alive who lived through those difficult times. There are still some people alive whose parents were slaves, or at the very least lived though such atrocities as the race riots of 1898, or the massacres in Tulsa, and numerous other events.

I do think there is a lot of bitterness and resentment passed down from still living people who went through some of those things. That doesn't make racism against whites right wither. It puts into perspective the fact that a lot of whites will state "my ancestors weren't slave owners," while their ancestors actively participated in lynchings, and enforcing segregation, etc, and generally pissing on those they deemed to be lower on the social totem pole.
Nonsense. it's prejudice. Period.
it is an assumption that by virtue of being white, one is guilty of all the things you mention above.
Your refusal to deal with white people as individuals makes you or anyone who thinks like you a bigot.
I am sick of having to quantify my very existence to people like you. Accept me as an individual or not. But do not judge me before getting to know me. You expect no less of me. So ask yourself why you refuse to offer me the same courtesy.
This cuts both ways. You do not get a hall pass on prejudice or bigotry.

You are hopeless. You enjoy being a hater. It's the easy way out. Path of least resistance.
You hate for the same reasons other ignorant bigots hate..Because you've been told to do so.
You have zero interest in reconciliation. You are not interested in understanding. Your anger is boiling inside and there is nothing you are willing to do to stop it.
Tell me, what constructive reason do you have for all of your hate? What good does it do for you? Does it make you money? Does it give you comfort?
People who are hateful and angry are stressed and unable to concentrate on constructive thinking.
You'd rather dwell on the negative, the differences rather than concentrate on our similarities. You assume and prejudge. Shame on you.

Funny thing is slavery still exists in the world. But only in black, hispanic and asian popluated areas. Too bad african americans are so obsessed with whitey that they can get their own race to stop owning slaves in africa.

Bottom line: The NAACP is just as racist as the men who killed MLK. Thats a fact.

A proud, intelligent and more mature people would have used the statue as a example of how far they have come, without covering it up.

I'm pretty sure the decision to wall it off was not made unanimously or even democratically by the 'people' you attempt to implicitly malign. It was likely one person's decision or at most the decision of a very few. And again, it was the prudent thing to do. The fact that it seems to piss you off so much says more about you than anyone else.
Never mind the cryptic bullshit....What DOES it say about those who disagree with the covering of the statue?
It upsets me because the gesture is closed minded and exclusionary.
If you don't like that, tough.

Why would I give a shit what you think about it? :eusa_eh:

I'll bottom line it for the usual suspects...

If you are a white person and this pisses you off then you have a guilty conscience.

True story :thup:

Bottom line: The NAACP is just as racist as the men who killed MLK. Thats a fact.

That's your opinion not a fact. Give me all of the killings, arsons, bribed juries, cross burnings done by the NAACP.

What a stupid butt statement by you! For shame. For shame.

Your point would be?

No, your point is that "they did it too"...which is a very weak point. Now, you'd have a point if one of those black slave holders had become a leader of this country (Ha!) back then and he had a statue and it was NOT covered by the NAACP. But you're not going to see any of those Black Founding Father statues, are you?

Nice try but no, it is not a very weak point. Just because someone becomes a 'leader' does not mean those who didn't are any less guilty.

There were more Blacks who owned Black slaves than Whites. They just were not all living in America. In fact, those who were brought here as slaves now have descendants that are now free. Whereas if they were not brought here then their descendants would still be in bondage. There are some Blacks that acknowledge this and are grateful to our founding fathers because of it. Too bad the NAACP can not see this and wise up.

That's your opinion not a fact. Give me all of the killings, arsons, bribed juries, cross burnings done by the NAACP.

What a stupid butt statement by you! For shame. For shame.

Just because someone does not do these things don't mean they are any less racist. ;)

Oh, and there has been killings by Blacks on Whites. Look it up.

Forum List

Back