My wife rearranges the dishwasher after I load it….

If she tries to tell you how to change the oil in the truck you are in trouble. Otherwise it's best to trust her judgement about the dishwasher.

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

I feel some inconvenient headaches coming on…..:eusa_whistle:

You are! You should load the sucker up dump in the soap....turn it on and just lean on it daring her to make her move!

Just remember when you load it, to not block the movement of any of the wash arms. Run the hot water at the sink before you start it up, to insure that your first fill is hot water.

I spotted her doing it out of the corner of my eye…it occurred to me that she does this often.

I asked her why, she said I put the dishes in the ‘wrong’ way’, all the time…...I asked her what the proper way was…she told me not to sweat it, it’s a guy thing, its not in our DNA apparently as I have unfailing poor spatial perception when it came to organizing dirty dishes in a box….

I may report her for making what appears to be a hurtful, stereotypical comment impugning my gender….. I feel emasculated.

go get the paperwork on the dishwasher and learn how to load it properly.

That will show her

The kitchen is the wife's domain.

Let her have it the way she wants it.

Let the bitch load the dishwasher herself while you enjoy a cold beer on the deck.

Human males organize better than any creature on earth. We just don't give a shit about the damn dishes in the damn dishwasher.

I am also very sure you are quite happy to eat off of dirty dishes too......

That's why God gave us fingernails. Little clump of something left on the plate? No sweat. Scrape it off with a nail. If we don't recognize it, we may even taste it. Must know what it was!

I often feel the need to re-arrange the dishwasher too. Just to create obvious room for more stuff before I turn it on.

How hard is the whole spatial recognition thing for my wife and daughter?
I feel your pain.
yes.gif

That means you don;t have to do it anymore!!
:clap2:

You've uncovered one of the greatest kept secrets of the Universe.....

Men purposely screw things up so we don;t get asked to do it again.
:eusa_shhh:

It's not that well kept, I'm afraid, lol.

At my house, if you load the dishes, rest assured I will never go behind you and do it again, properly.

If you make the bed crappy, I won't remake it.

If you do a bad job vacuuming, I'm not going to re-vacuum.

I can live with it, and I won't reinforce that sort of obnoxious behavior. If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me. I'll spend the extra time with a good book and you can wait till I fix it or let you out of doing it forever.

Forum List

Back